Astronomy or Planetary science?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jl0179

I want to go back to school in order to obtain a degree based in space science with the end goal to study images being sent back from missions such as Cassini or MRO. Would astronomy or planetary science give me the best chance at achieving this goal or is there another option that i'm not seeing. Thanx for your help guys.

T

thalion

I guess that depends on what you're interested in. If you want to study rocky planets, your best bet might be to major in geology first, then do graduate work in space science. You may need some engineering work, as well--I'm guessing that the field is very small, but competitive, which is why we tend to see the same names pop up over and over again in discussions about planetary missions.<br /><br />Whatever you choose, best of luck.

Y

yevaud

I had similar aspirations, and double-majored in Planetary and Space Science and Geography. There are a lot of similar combinations you might find worthy. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.