Status
Not open for further replies.
D

docm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2MhYgWBjTo[/youtube]

A

a_lost_packet_

Re: "Avengers" Comic-Con teaser

You know, I like Samuel L Jackson in some roles. But, nothing he has done lately. I think he was terrible in all of the Star Wars films he was in. It just doesn't fit his style. I'm not sure Nick Fury will fit his style either. /shrug But, I think the last thing they need is him doing voice-work for trailers. He's just too darn "wooden" when he's trying to play something straight-faced. I guess I'm the only one who thinks that. Everyone else just loves him to death.

D

docm

Just femember that Marvel is mostly basing their films on their Ultimate series, and that in that series Samuel L. actually modeled for the black Nick Fury and served as the basis for Nick's personality - this several years before they started their films. When they started the films he was their #1 casting choice.

A

a_lost_packet_

docm":2zd7jir2 said:
Just femember that Marvel is mostly basing their films on their Ultimate series, and that in that series Samuel L. actually modeled for the black Nick Fury and served as the basis for Nick's personality - this several years before they started their films. When they started the films he was their #1 casting choice.

Ah.. I read up on it a little, skimmed over some obviously important stuff and ended up misinterpreted his modeling role there.

Still... I don't know... There's just something about SLJ that doesn't work well when he's not being emotive. ie: SLJ saying "I'm going to go to the store to buy some bread." comes off wooden, plastic... unreal. But, SLJ saying "I'm going to the store to buy some bread!" comes out fantastic. /shrug So, SLJ dialogue had better have some "oomph" to it for me or Nick's going to seem like he's on prozac.

Are there any substantial differences between the Ultimate Nick Fury and the old Nick?

D

docm

Ultimate Nick Fury is, of course, black and is also a General with a CIA background. He was not initially shown to use the Infinity Formula or other enhancements that the mainstream character possessed, but this changed later. More prone to use conventional weaponry. Nasty combatant & tactician.

Comic vs live
furyjackson.jpg

D

docm

Paramount and Marvel Studios report that principal shooting of The Avengers starts in February, 2011 for a May 4, 2012 release.

S

StarRider1701

docm":3qpraxes said:
Ultimate Nick Fury is, of course, black and is also a General with a CIA background. He was not initially shown to use the Infinity Formula or other enhancements that the mainstream character possessed, but this changed later. More prone to use conventional weaponry. Nasty combatant & tactician.

Comic vs live
furyjackson.jpg

Apparently Marvel has Changed Nick Fury since I stopped reading comics in the late 80's. Back then he was a no-nonsense, white haired white guy who didn't take no crap from nobody! Not sure when he turned black. Got no problems with a black Nick Fury and I do like Sam Jackson as an actor. I personally think he might be a pretty good Fury.

As far as him being "wooden" lost, that pretty much describes the Nick Fury I remember in the comics. Boy had no sense of humor at all, and had all the personality of a ton of bricks! And whether you had super powers or not, you didn't want him after you!

Status
Not open for further replies.