BlackHoles

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pradipta

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Hawking radiation.... In reply to:> Hawking radiation allows black holes to lose mass, black holes which lose more matter than they gain through other means are expected to evaporate, and shrink, and ultimately vanish. Smaller 'micro' black holes are currently predicted by theory to be larger net emitters of radiation than larger black holes, and to shrink and evaporate faster. /> Black holes make life possible?.... <br />Posted by docm</DIV><br /><br /><p style="margin:0in0in0pt" class="MsoNormal"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">I do not believe on black whole because it is creation of space mirror. From the ancestral time the world space research established on blind theory. We although demand that we have discovered lots of mysteries viz. milk ways, galaxies, nebulas, white drafts, black holes etc., in real they are creation of space mirror. SPACE MIRROR is the truth and hidden mystery of the space. Since we are unknown about space mirror, our research has diverted from original truth and we have spent lots of time and money behind the false truth. </font></p><p style="margin:0in0in0pt" class="MsoNormal"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">Therefore it invites to visit </font><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">http://www.spacemirrormystery.com</font><font face="Times New Roman" size="3"> and for prosperous space research. </font></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>pradipta</p> </div>

P

pradipta

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'> Blackholes have this incredible gravity field that even light cannot escape. So how is it they can eject or emit anything? In a nutshell, blackholes emit radiation (X-rays) from the event horizon, where strong magnetic fields are formed. This is far enough away from the singularity, where everything ends. <br />Posted by kyle_baron</DIV><br /><br /><p style="margin:0in0in0pt" class="MsoNormal"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">I do not believe on black whole because it is creation of space mirror. From the ancestral time the world space research established on blind theory. We although demand that we have discovered lots of mysteries viz. milk ways, galaxies, nebulas, white drafts, black holes etc., in real they are creation of space mirror. SPACE MIRROR is the truth and hidden mystery of the space. Since we are unknown about space mirror, our research has diverted from original truth and we have spent lots of time and money behind the false truth. </font></p><p style="margin:0in0in0pt" class="MsoNormal"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">Therefore it invites to visit </font><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">http://www.spacemirrormystery.com</font><font face="Times New Roman" size="3"> and for prosperous space research. </font></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>pradipta</p> </div>

P

pradipta

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>onetrakmindz: You are right -- the gravity of a black hole is so strong, nothing can escape. Others mentioned Hawking Radiation, which seems to be a true effect, but it is very small, and deals in quantum mechanics. I suspect you are talking about how we see x-ray blasts or jets from black holes. Well, we don't. We see x-ray blasts and jets from NEAR black holes. As gas falls into a black hole, it is compressed and accelerated so greatly that it heats up to incredible temperatures. This causes it to emit x-rays. But once the gas has actually gotten past the event horizon, we don't see ANYTHING any more from it. So we are only seeing the effects the black hole has on its neighborhood. <br />Posted by heyscottie</DIV><br /><p style="margin:0in0in0pt" class="MsoNormal"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">I do not believe on black whole because it is creation of space mirror. From the ancestral time the world space research established on blind theory. We although demand that we have discovered lots of mysteries viz. milk ways, galaxies, nebulas, white drafts, black holes etc., in real they are creation of space mirror. SPACE MIRROR is the truth and hidden mystery of the space. Since we are unknown about space mirror, our research has diverted from original truth and we have spent lots of time and money behind the false truth. </font></p><p style="margin:0in0in0pt" class="MsoNormal"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">Therefore it invites to visit </font><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">http://www.spacemirrormystery.com</font><font face="Times New Roman" size="3"> and for prosperous space research. </font></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>pradipta</p> </div>

W

weeman

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I had a question, well I have many, I've always been fascinated with black holes. I had an idea that they could send two probes out to the nearest black hole. One probe would stay a safe distance and film the other going beyond the event horizon.&nbsp; The one going to its doom could film all it could before it was destroyed.&nbsp; I've read that nothing can be transmitted from that point so maybe my idea wouldn't work.Or maybe this......since there is an acretion disk, go above it. From the area where the jets usually stream out on the axis.&nbsp; Would that work? <br />Posted by Rhiannann</DIV><br /><br />As Derek said, it would be a painfully slow process for the observing probe to watch the other probe plunge into the black hole. Due to the difference&nbsp;of time dilation, the probe that's observing the other travel towards the event horizon would never actually see it disappear into the event horizon. From the observing probe's point of view, it would take a seemingly infinite amount of time for the other probe to cross the event horizon, even though it actually crossed it long ago. </p><p>This occurs because of the observing probe's exact frame of reference. From its point of view, time slows for the other traveling probe, so it would appear that the other probe is continually slowing down as it reaches the event horizon. From the observing probe's viewpoint, there would come a point when it appears that the other probe has stopped just outside the event horizon and is not going anywhere. However, the traveling probe already crossed the event horizon a long time ago, and is already loooong gone!!</p><p>Additionally, we wouldn't gain much information from the probe that is to travel into the black hole; it would be&nbsp;destroyed well before it ever reached the horizon. I believe it was the probe Galileo that, at the end of its mission, was plunged down into Jupiter's atmosphere to gain any last information it could before being&nbsp;crushed&nbsp;by the intense pressure. My point being that Galileo only made it about an hour before we lost signal with it, and the pressure of a black hole is far, far greater than Jupiter! </p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><strong><font color="#ff0000">Techies: We do it in the dark. </font></strong></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>"Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.</strong><strong>" -Albert Einstein </strong></font></p> </div>

D

derekmcd

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Additionally, we wouldn't gain much information from the probe that is to travel into the black hole; it would be&nbsp;destroyed well before it ever reached the horizon. I believe it was the probe Galileo that, at the end of its mission, was plunged down into Jupiter's atmosphere to gain any last information it could before being&nbsp;crushed&nbsp;by the intense pressure. My point being that Galileo only made it about an hour before we lost signal with it, and the pressure of a black hole is far, far greater than Jupiter! &nbsp; <br /> Posted by weeman</DIV></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>This wouldn't necessarily be true if the black hole is sufficiently large enough.&nbsp; The tidal effects at the event horizon aren't really that strong on something the size of a supermassive black hole as the distance from the center of mass to the EH is large enough.&nbsp; The 'spaghettification' process wouldn't happen until much further past.</p><p>There is no pressure to a black hole that is analagous to the pressure of jupiter.&nbsp; There is no matter to create pressure as it is all within the singularity. &nbsp; </p><p>The EH is not a physical boundary... just a point in space where all geodesic paths lead to the singularity.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div> </div><br /><div><span style="color:#0000ff" class="Apple-style-span">"If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing." - Homer Simpson</span></div> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts