Blue Origin Upcoming Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gunsandrockets

Interesting.<br /><br />Another comeback for HTHP oxidizer? I hope so since the bi-propellant potential of hydrogen peroxide seems unexplored.

S

spacester

It's clear that Mr. Bezos is serious about this secrecy thing.<br /><br />The fact that they didn't suddenly change that policy leads you to believe they failed?<br /><br />I mean, it sounds like you're saying that a success would cause a change in policy.<br /><br />At this stage in their program, they have absolutely no need whatsoever to put out a press release.<br /><br />If no-one heard a big bang, I would expect that a modest <b>lift</b>off occurred. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

B

bpfeifer

Blue Origin has hired a group of professionals, many of whom worked on the DC-X project. Yes, their secrecy is bothersome for us, but it's one of the accepted practices when a comany is trying to develope something new without giving competitors any clues as to how they plan to do it.<br /><br />I'd also like to point out that the no fly zone was only to 10,000 feet. That's more than enough to play with sub scale test vehicles, but nowhere near what's needed for full scale flight demonstration.<br /><br />They probably didn't make an announcement because from their perspective, it was just a test. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Brian J. Pfeifer http://sabletower.wordpress.com<br /> The Dogsoldier Codex http://www.lulu.com/sabletower<br /> </div>

J

josh_simonson

If they made a big announcement regarding a successful test, and then said nothing after the next test everyone would be saying "See - they had a failure!"<br /><br />Perceived reliability is very important for the commercial market and keeping the testing hush-hush to avoid scaring the customers could be helpful. Virgin is taking the opposite approach in order to generate a buzz, but if they have an incident everyone will remember it. Then, if his rocket is available at the same time, Bezos can say "virgin got you excitied about space, but WE can get you there safely."

M

moonmadness

If I had the resources to build such a vehicle. I would do it more like Bezos. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>I'm not a rocket scientist, but I do play one on the TV in my mind.</p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.