CAN ANY ONE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

J_ason_L

I AM TRYING TO FIND A STAR THAT WAS BOUGHT FOR SOMEONE I DO NOT KNOW WHERE TO START I TRIED LOOKING TO OBSERVATORIES IN MY AREA BUT I AM NEW TO THE AREA AS WELL IF ANYONE COULD HELP PLEASE LET ME KNOW

M

MeteorWayne

Welcome to space.com, Too bad they didn't ask here before "buying" the star.
I hate to tell you, it is a total fraud. You cannot "buy" a star.
If you'd like to find the star that the company took your money by "selling" it to you, give us the star name and we can point you to the right spot in the sky.
Most likely, if you want to see it you will need a large telescope and some practice looking around with it.

Also, please do not write in all capital letters. In polite company, that is considered shouting and is not appreciated.

M

MeteorWayne

Ugggh, michael, that exactly why I didn't mention their name. They are the perpetrators of the fraud...just ripping people off of lots of money for pure profit with no astronomical value whatsoev :twisted: er.

S

SpeedFreek

In very small letters at the bottom of the main screen:

International Star Registry star naming is not recognized by the scientific community.
Your stars name is reserved in International Star Registry records only..

D

DrRocket

MeteorWayne said:
... give us the star name and we can point you to the right spot in the sky.
Most likely, if you want to see it you will need a large telescope and some practice looking around with it.

quote]

If you are lazy, like me, you can use my telescope. It can show pretty much any star that is known. It can do while you are comfortable in your chair, in a heated and cooled home. It can show deepsky objects with a clarity that is usually only available from really sophisticated instruments. It won't replace regular telescopes for enthusiasts however. Not a chance. It won't show you comets however. And it will never replace MeteorWayne and his henchmen in looking for incomers. But it is free.

http://www.worldwidetelescope.org/Home.aspx

Z

ZenGalacticore

MeteorWayne":3hthm9h8 said:
Ugggh, michael, that exactly why I didn't mention their name. They are the perpetrators of the fraud...just ripping people off of lots of money for pure profit with no astronomical value whatsoev :twisted: er.

Jason doesn't mention how much his friend 'paid' for this star, does he? Come on Wayne, are people REALLY that naive? I would love to know what his friend actually paid for this, um, ...real estate.
Yeah it'd be great to have a 'sun-deck' closely overlooking the surface of the star. The deck sure as heck better not be built out of wood though. Talk about 'Yella Wood'. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts