Chicxulub Impact Trajectory/Direction Angle Debate...

Oct 16, 2020
Visit site
The discovery of the infamous dino-killing (66mya) Chicxulub Impact Crater is now 30 years old. Academic research papers from the early '90s, spanning to the most recent of studies have suggested every possible approach/trajectory angle one can imagine. Some still speculate it approached from underneath the earth's surface, via a super-volcano and claim it's not an impact structure at all.

It truly amazes me that after 30 years of steady research into this important subject, nobody has produced enough solid evidence to verify a solid approach/trajectory angle that most scientists can agree upon.

I'm curious what other people's thoughts are on the matter, and what approach angle you believe most-likely occurred. Many studies have suggested shallow-oblique approach angles. And if so, is it possible that the Chicxulub asteroid could have fragmented into multiple pieces, due to crossing through more atmospheric resistance/pressure at such a shallow angle?

What's your best guess and why?

Thanks,

James Tate

Chicxulub impact predates the K-T boundary mass extinction

Chicxulub had little to do with the extinction at the K/T. Chicxulub data was released by the oil companies because it was in a good place to hide other nearby impacts of interstellar objects. The sediments which filled in the Chicxulub crater contain the K/T glauconite and black shale markers. The Chicxulub crater was the wrong kind of marker.

Interstellar asteroids have enough velocity to punch through the crust and create mantle plumes and Large Igneous Provinces like the Deccan Traps. The argument between impacts and volcanism causing the extinctions is a fake argument. Impacts can directly cause volcanic activity.

First you need to get Imperial Science to recognize that the impacts occurred. I suggest Toquemada’s books on how to get confessions as a starter.

To determine the direction that an asteroid punched through the crust you need thorough seismic coverage and well interpreted seismic data. Anything from the Consortium for Continental Reflection Profiling (COCORP) should be considered scientific fraud.

Anything from the later Integrated Ocean Drilling Program (IODP) should be considered misdirection, deception, or scientific fraud.

The most likely direction (statistically) for interstellar impacts is the Earth’s Northern Hemisphere. The Sun’s direction of galactic movement appears to be very close to the Northern Ecliptic Pole. That is why Canada has all of those large circular features that could have never have been caused by asteroids (lying).

Think of Canada as the Earth’s windshield and the interstellar meteorite impacts as very big bug splatters.

Oct 16, 2020
Visit site
I share your distrust with the scientific unions mentioned above. I truly believe there are many impact structures yet confirmed and interpreted correctly. I believe and trust in the science of Shock Metamorphism, the diagnostic features of impact evidence.

As to the direction of the Chicxulub Impact model, the evidence found on the North American Platform seems to suggest that the Chicxulub asteroid approached at an angle between 30-60 degrees from the southeast to the northwest. The approach/direction angle would resemble a line drawn from Florida to Seattle, WA.

1. The largest shocked-quartz grains have been discovered in North America, associated with the KT Event Boundary.

2. 70% of species went extinct in North America, compared to 50% everywhere else.

Or so, the scientists say. A simple matter of trust I suppose. To personally observe and verify those results would take a lifetime to conclude such a small answer, to qualify something much larger.

- James Tate

Reactions: Geomartian

Latest posts