Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
I sit here in comfort. No icy blasts for me. I turn my attention to the Pleiades. Millions of stars. Many in the open cluster. Now to the Southern Cross - a perfect view. How about the Orion Nebula? This is really good. My 200 inch telescope gives me a great view. Let's look further . . . . . . . . . my 30 metre orbiting telescope is fine. How about some solar activity? A few sunspots . . . . . . . . . nothing much. Let's get back to distant nebula. My 30 metre job is giving me a great view.

Yes! You have guessed. I am either in orbit or sitting comfortably at home using my PC.
Still, I do hark back sometimes to when I froze by an open window looking at the Pleiades with my 2" monster. There is nothing like the real thing.

OK. I am off on holiday to the Med as soon as my cheque arrives from the telescope manufacturers!

Only joking. :)

Reactions: dfjchem721
Cat, I am guessing you probably have some light polluted skies in your area, so you are better off using the PC and other people's images. They are so much sharper too, and don't require all that effort with all those heavy, costly optics!

Latest posts