Dark Energy's effect on the curvature of space time

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kmarinas86

Given that Dark energy supplies negative pressure:<br /><br />Does it have mass? Does it curve space? If so, does it help to close the universe? Can something that has negative pressure also make space more closed? Does it affect time dilation? How do you achieve a flat universe when there seems to be no end to the acceleration? If everything were dark energy, and if dark energy had a concentration of the critical density, would it stop the acceleration?

C

cosmictalk

You would think that if something had anykind of pressure it would have a form of mass and effect space(which I consider a form of matter) <br /><br />doesn't really go with a flat universe, does it? <br /><br />if light is observed as speeding up , what does that mean to this idea of dark energy slowing down the acceleration ? unless time is many tiny particles of some form of matter that inner acts and only parts of the universe could be reacting to acceleration while other parts are slowing down or possibly hybernating.

H

harmonicaman

And for that matter could you explain your hypothesis for dark energy a bit more...

K

kmarinas86

<font color="yellow">could you explain negative pressure a bit more.</font><br /><br />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_pressure<br /><br />Negative pressure is like the opening of a vacuum acting on dust externally.<br /><br />Dark energy is like this, except, its <i>absolute</i> negative pressure comes from between the "dust particles".

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts