Question Dark Matter

BJM

Aug 23, 2020
Visit site
As I understand, we do not know where Dark Matter comes from or what is at the other side of a Black Hole or even here or what a Black Hole discharges.

Could it be possible that Black Holes create Dark Matter which is then discharged into our universe?

Could that be how our universe gets its dark Matter?

Could a Black Hole / Holes from another universe be discharging Dark Energy into our universe and similarly Black Holes in our universe discharge into another universe?

Reactions: Michael Varn

BJM

Aug 23, 2020
Visit site
As I understand, we do not know where Dark Matter comes from or what is at the other side of a Black Hole or even where or what a Black Hole discharges.
Could it be possible that Black Holes create Dark Matter which is then discharged into our universe?
Could a Black Hole / Holes from another universe be discharging Dark Energy into our universe and similarly
Black Holes in our universe discharge into another universe?

Dark Matter is everywhere whether matter is there or not.
This mystery has been resolved somewhat but dark energy is in its way of understanding total mass creation and movement of prticles in the Universe.

IG2007

"Don't criticize what you can't understand..."
This mystery has been resolved somewhat but dark energy is in its way of understanding total mass creation and movement of prticles in the Universe.
No, the mystery hasn't been solved. We haven't been yet able to detect dark matter. But, our calculations and observations say that there should be some extra matter that is holding the galaxies together. That is what dark matter actually is. Extra matter that should be there but not detected.

Reactions: Catastrophe
If DM was associated with BHs, then we should see a lot of it near the center of galaxies, like ours that have grown to have extremely massive ones (SMBHs).

DM was first discovered about 80 or 90 years ago by Fritz Zwicky when he noticed galaxies were zooming around each other in a cluster faster than normal gravity would allow. But no one had a clue other than that observation.

Then Vera Rubin did a more advanced study than a couple others by getting accurate rotation rates for many regions extending from the center of Andromeda outward. She discovered that there had to be some sort of extra matter to explain those odd rates that weren't Keplerian.

Other studies have found lots of other evidence and has been mapped (see Bullet Cluster).

The favored hypothesis is that it is an unusual particle of a particular energy.

Jun 15, 2020
Visit site
If Dark Matter is everywhere is it possible it is also in our own earth's atmosphere? If that is the case it might explain why planes make a sudden extreme change of direction, loose control and crash?

AstridMaria

There can be several other known reasons for aircraft to crash, the most mentioned are gravity anomalies due to mass concentrations in places such as Atlantic Anamoly, and people have also speculted on magnetic field changes in those regions!

Inertial frame related navigation disturbance could also be a reason.

Dark Matter that I have studied so far is based on microscopic quantum field theoretical scales where particle (with measurable mass and energy) is created by activities and processes in the space of Dark Matter. But mass-energy particles after creation do not have any known coupling to DM but perhaps when matter is ultimately converted to DM, the coupling is deterministic? more to be learned...

However what you say makes sense on larger galactic scale as DM is keeping spiral galaxies from collapsing ?
Thanks.

Sep 15, 2020
Visit site
As I understand, we do not know where Dark Matter comes from or what is at the other side of a Black Hole or even here or what a Black Hole discharges.

Could a Black Hole / Holes from another universe be discharging Dark Energy into our universe and similarly Black Holes in our universe discharge into another universe?
dark matter was formed when the universe was, at the big bang.
as far as other universe's black holes discharging Dark matter into ours; the whole question of the existences of other universes is still being debated among science.
my understanding of black holes is an intensely compacted area in space that drags everything into it, and only some radiation comes from it .
this from what I remember from reading Steven Hawking.

Jun 15, 2020
Visit site
AstridMaria

There can be several other known reasons for aircraft to crash, the most mentioned are gravity anomalies due to mass concentrations in places such as Atlantic Anamoly, and people have also speculted on magnetic field changes in those regions!

Inertial frame related navigation disturbance could also be a reason.

Dark Matter that I have studied so far is based on microscopic quantum field theoretical scales where particle (with measurable mass and energy) is created by activities and processes in the space of Dark Matter. But mass-energy particles after creation do not have any known coupling to DM but perhaps when matter is ultimately converted to DM, the coupling is deterministic? more to be learned...

However what you say makes sense on larger galactic scale as DM is keeping spiral galaxies from collapsing ?
Thanks.
Thank you Dr Ravi Sharma

Sep 11, 2020
Visit site
Should we be looking for the effects of the ocean of dark matter which surrounds us? J.B.Merriam states that you actually needed the atmospheric pressure for the entire planet when calibrating SG’s.

Superconducting gravimeters have tracked gravity deviations which last from seconds to secular. A lot of the short term deviations are attributed to rainfall but some of the gravity increases happen before it rains? Did it rain because of a gravity increase? Are there dark matter comets and/or streams orbiting in the solar system. Could we identify these through simultaneous data deviations at the S.G. nodes.

ETS-06-15
“The redistribution of the air masses induces gravity variations (air pressure effect) in the μgal range (about 10 μgal for the Sutherland station). These variations are disturbing signals in the gravity data“

Could it be that variations in dark matter concentrations affect the air pressure?

Reactions: David-J-Franks
Ed Stauffer

Thanks for your thoughts.

I will try to describe microgravity like perturbations which cause or result in gravity and atmosphere (geodesic or geoid) related effects. Extremely sensitive GPS satellites can measure these effects. My exposure started in 1968 with Lunar Mass concentrations (Mascons) measured in the Lunar Orbiters data (perturbations measurements) and correlated with heavier masses such as below Mares on Moon. Most likely caused by Heavier Meteorites hitting the moon. Similarly, when I more recently (late 90’s) worked at NASA Goddard Center on geospatial data, I came across most effects that you describe. The Geoid (Earth’s Gravity) is not only a quadrupole, it is a series of multipole expansion and some of the higher multipole coefficients are time variants due to tides, matter movements on surface and underground seismic activities such as volcanoes. Yes, a heavy rain and resulting mass increases are measurable. So may be dust storms. These need to be corrected for example for precision guidance needed for defense or missiles. And yes Gravity, oceans and atmospheres are thus correlated, even all the way up where Van Allen belts in ionospheres exist and are affected by solar winds. To a calculable degree effects of other planets affect our gravity.

Now coming to Dark Matter, even though different galaxies show its plausible presence, it is indirect and effects of presence and absence of DM are seen only when matter-energy are created in the regions where very little existed, DM is not caused by collisions and disintegration of matter into those regions. Thus, the DM is everywhere but as far as I am learning about it, it is most manifest where mass-energy (particles) are created and not necessarily needed to explain macroscopic effect such as air pressure. Of course, micro phenomena ultimately aggregate to macro e.g. accretion of matter to form planets, and even nuclei from Quarks and Gluons, but these can be verified by physics that we understand (e.g. Standard Model) without need of DM, once matter-energy are present. But yes DM is around and inside matter in all space-time.

As mentioned earlier I am still trying to fathom the conversion of Matter-energy into DM and Dark Energy?

dark matter was formed when the universe was, at the big bang.
as far as other universe's black holes discharging Dark matter into ours; the whole question of the existences of other universes is still being debated among science.
my understanding of black holes is an intensely compacted area in space that drags everything into it, and only some radiation comes from it .
this from what I remember from reading Steven Hawking.
Even Hawking radiation doesn't come from the black hole itself, it comes from the event horrizen. When a virtual antimatter/matter pair of particles briefly pops into existence from the quantum foam of space on the event horrizen, one particle is sucked into the black hole and the other is flung off into space as Hawking radiation. Contrary to common sense, it's the particle that falls into the black hole that causes the hole to lose mass (or evaporate, in about 10^100 or more years!). Normally such virtual particle pairs, which pop in and out of existence all the time every where, rapidly recombine and dissapear back into the quantum foam of space :)

Reactions: rod
Ed Stauffer

Thanks for your thoughts.

I will try to describe microgravity like perturbations which cause or result in gravity and atmosphere (geodesic or geoid) related effects. Extremely sensitive GPS satellites can measure these effects. My exposure started in 1968 with Lunar Mass concentrations (Mascons) measured in the Lunar Orbiters data (perturbations measurements) and correlated with heavier masses such as below Mares on Moon. Most likely caused by Heavier Meteorites hitting the moon. Similarly, when I more recently (late 90’s) worked at NASA Goddard Center on geospatial data, I came across most effects that you describe. The Geoid (Earth’s Gravity) is not only a quadrupole, it is a series of multipole expansion and some of the higher multipole coefficients are time variants due to tides, matter movements on surface and underground seismic activities such as volcanoes. Yes, a heavy rain and resulting mass increases are measurable. So may be dust storms. These need to be corrected for example for precision guidance needed for defense or missiles. And yes Gravity, oceans and atmospheres are thus correlated, even all the way up where Van Allen belts in ionospheres exist and are affected by solar winds. To a calculable degree effects of other planets affect our gravity.

Now coming to Dark Matter, even though different galaxies show its plausible presence, it is indirect and effects of presence and absence of DM are seen only when matter-energy are created in the regions where very little existed, DM is not caused by collisions and disintegration of matter into those regions. Thus, the DM is everywhere but as far as I am learning about it, it is most manifest where mass-energy (particles) are created and not necessarily needed to explain macroscopic effect such as air pressure. Of course, micro phenomena ultimately aggregate to macro e.g. accretion of matter to form planets, and even nuclei from Quarks and Gluons, but these can be verified by physics that we understand (e.g. Standard Model) without need of DM, once matter-energy are present. But yes DM is around and inside matter in all space-time.

As mentioned earlier I am still trying to fathom the conversion of Matter-energy into DM and Dark Energy?
Fascinating stuff!

It reminds me I read an article about a year ago in which somebody invented a portable gravimeter (back of a truck size). This was sensitive to the tides when near the sea and also when near mountains. It could also be used to measure height, though I can't remember what the resolution was.

Do black holes suck in dark matter? :)

Even Hawking radiation doesn't come from the black hole itself, it comes from the event horrizen. When a virtual antimatter/matter pair of particles briefly pops into existence from the quantum foam of space on the event horrizen, one particle is sucked into the black hole and the other is flung off into space as Hawking radiation. Contrary to common sense, it's the particle that falls into the black hole that causes the hole to lose mass (or evaporate, in about 10^100 or more years!). Normally such virtual particle pairs, which pop in and out of existence all the time every where, rapidly recombine and dissapear back into the quantum foam of space :)

FYI, the quantum foam concept of space at Planck scales remains to be verified. 'New constraints on quantum foam models from X-ray and gamma-ray observations of distant quasars', https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2018mgm..conf.3935P/abstract

My observation. Testing of quantum foam concept in quantum gravity using telescopes is a work in progress. It does not seem that space with a quantum foam state at Planck scales is verified. Another place to look, the 4 Galilean moons moving around Jupiter :)

FYI, the quantum foam concept of space at Planck scales remains to be verified. 'New constraints on quantum foam models from X-ray and gamma-ray observations of distant quasars', https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2018mgm..conf.3935P/abstract

My observation. Testing of quantum foam concept in quantum gravity using telescopes is a work in progress. It does not seem that space with a quantum foam state at Planck scales is verified. Another place to look, the 4 Galilean moons moving around Jupiter :)
OK. If no foam, are these virtual particles that pop in and out of existence verified, and if so and no foam, where do they come from? I'm thinking the Casimir effect is good but not absolute evidence of something to do with this (maybe also the Lamb shift and Unruh effect?). If no virtual particles, does that leave Hawking radiation dead in the water? :)

Reactions: rod
OK. If no foam, are these virtual particles that pop in and out of existence verified, and if so and no foam, where do they come from? I'm thinking the Casimir effect is good but not absolute evidence of something to do with this (maybe also the Lamb shift and Unruh effect?). If no virtual particles, does that leave Hawking radiation dead in the water? :)

David-J-Franks. I did not say there was no quantum foam in space, just that so far, testing and verifying is required. Same for quantum gravity and Hawking radiation. Unlike observations of the Galilean moons, I have not seen reports published claiming all of this new physics is verified like the heliocentric solar system and natural laws used to support that model dating back to Copernicus, Galileo, Kepler, and Newton.

Do black holes suck in dark matter? :)
If we could imagine (approximately) DM everywhere, it ismanifest (during matter-energy creation and perhaps at reconversion back to DM then DM might exist in BH also? if matter is created in BHs e.g. streamers, then DM have had a role to play but all measurable matter-energy (particles) have origin in DM, as I understand it! Gravitation affects matter-energy, DM to Gravity direct coupling is not known to me.

Sep 11, 2020
Visit site
It seems unlikely that black holes eat dark matter as they can be completely surrounded by the highest concentration possible and not be active. It seems likely however that AGN’s would accelerate dark matter.

Reactions: IG2007
If we could imagine (approximately) DM everywhere, it ismanifest (during matter-energy creation and perhaps at reconversion back to DM then DM might exist in BH also? if matter is created in BHs e.g. streamers, then DM have had a role to play but all measurable matter-energy (particles) have origin in DM, as I understand it! Gravitation affects matter-energy, DM to Gravity direct coupling is not known to me.
My thought is a black hole is a compression of fluctuation.
In all essence a region of space so compressed fluctuation takes a very long time to happen if at all.
Compressed fluctuation also is compressed time so a self regulated black hole as it squeezes more so does time get squeezed more.
I think that is the reason they don't shrink forever and become infinite mass points.

No fluctuation/time/activity = no dark matter/energy in a black hole.
I have a feeling dark matter/energy are simply temp products of fluctuation,
Universe size X temp particle/energy creation = missing mass/energy or very close to it.

The universe we think of as the universe (big bang) also could be products of fluctuation before it settled into an E balance.
JMO

Reactions: IG2007

Latest posts