Deep Impact Hoax - 2

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

najab

><i>... Compy 386...</i><p>You're not a true fan, or you would know it's a Lappy 486!</p>

A

a_lost_packet_

<font color="yellow">arit - I haven't seen anywhere that the original excitation is a result of kinetic energy. It requires an incoming photon of a specific energy (frequency).</font><br /><br />kinetic energy (mechanical) - /> thermal/light (electromagnetic)<br /><br />In this case, the original energy being converted is kinetic not electromagnetic and the result is a release of photons. ( electromagnetic radiation) The kinetic energy comes from the impact of Deep Impact.<br /><br />If you were using electromagnetic energy (light) in order to release electrons from a material then you would have to use the correct frequency/energy for the material in order to eject the electron. (photoelectric effect)<br /><br /><font color="yellow">arit - I also don't know which material is emmitting light: The copper? The water? </font><br /><br />The material that originally absorbed the kinetic energy. Surely the copper impactor and some of the surface material would be included. Exactly what emitted the flash of light can be discovered through spectroscopy. (Btw, since the comet can't contain copper, that's why the impactor was constructed of it. Copper spectra can be ignored.)<br /><br />Any lingering light is from the ejecta reflecting sunlight.<br /><br />(Again, I hope I explained that correctly.) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

A

arit

ALP<<br />Thanks again. Your explanation makes sense, specially the part about who makes the flash. After all, that was the purpose of the experiment, right? The spectra of the flash is the "juice" they were after.<br />Regarding the transition from kinetic energy to electromagnetic: I can think of examples like a microphone, which converts mechanical movement into electrical current. I am not familiar with the convertion of motion to light. I'll do some research on it...<br /><br />Regards,<br /><br />arit <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <span style="font-size:6pt;color:#009999;font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:6pt;color:#009999"><font face="Times New Roman"><strong><strong><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#009999;font-family:'CourierNew'"><p> </p><p><strong><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#009999;font-family:'CourierNew'">"We will either find a way, or make one!" - Hannibal<br /> </span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#009999;font-family:'CourierNew'"><br /></span></strong></p></span></strong></strong></font></span></span> </div>

A

a_lost_packet_

If you look at it as just the conversion of energy from one form to another it makes it alot simpler really. After all, the kinetic energy of the impact has to be conserved. It shows up in a variety of forms. The "Flash" of impact is one of them. (IMO) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

E

ehrichweiss

<i>You're not a true fan, or you would know it's a Lappy 486!</i><br /><br />Yeah, I know...but the Compy was much cooler...heh.

S

skyeagle409

bigbrain,<br /><br />Thanks for posting the site. It proved that the comet was struck.

S

skyeagle409

"Taking your logic into consideration, this crater is nothing more than a theory. <br /><br />http://www.barringercrater.com/ <br /><br />Have you forgotten what you had said?" <br /><br />bigbrain---It seems to me a tomfoolery like those of Nasa buffoons. <br /><br />bigbrain,<br /><br />LOL!! I personally visited the crater and look what you had posted, more comic relief proving that you have no idea what you are talking about.

S

skyeagle409

bigbrain---Buffoons are not only at Nasa. There are many buffoons on this our little planet. <br /><br />sky---Including the author of your own thread.<br /><br />

S

skyeagle409

telfrow---Answer the question. <br /><br />telfrow, <br /><br />Don't expect a reasonble answer because he has no clue what he is talking about.<br />

S

skyeagle409

bigbrain---Nasa buffoons have done these enormously complicated manoeuvers without seeing their probe, their impactor and the comet. <br /><br />bigbrain,<br /><br />Thanks again for confirming that NASA "have done these enormously complicated manoeuvers without seeing their probe, their impactor and the comet."<br /><br />Now, I am thinking that you are beginning to come around to reality. That's twice in a relatively short period of time that you have confirmed that NASA did in fact complete a mission to that comet.<br /><br />Thanks for your support!<br /><br />

S

skyeagle409

bigbrain---Do yuo remember those fields of wheat with some circles of cut wheat? <br /><br />bigbrain,<br /><br />Of course I do! It was a bit of hard work on my part but at least I was able to have my wheat flakes with strawberries the very next morning.<br /><br /> I'd lost my wallet and didn't have enough cash on hand to buy my favorite cereal so for once in my life, I had to work for my vittles.<br />

S

skyeagle409

bigbrain---Has been that crater created by a copper cube of 3.5 dm (13.8 inches) of lenght like the impactor? <br /><br />bigbrain,<br /><br />Yes, and you were very close. The actual measurement of that copper cube that formed the crater in Arizona was 13. 9 inches.<br />

S

skyeagle409

bigbrain---Before answer my questions. <br /><br />bigbrain,<br /><br />How can we answer your question when we can't find anything, anywhere within the laws of physics that covers the question?<br />

S

skyeagle409

bigbrain---If you learn to fly this flying crane, then you are able to fly lunar module. Have your astronauts trained with a flying crane? What's that got to do with lunar module? <br /><br />sky---LOL!! ROFL!! Bigbrain cannot differentiate between an S-64 helicopter <br /><br />http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/AC/aircraft/Sikorsky-SkyCrane/s-64.htm <br /><br />and this flying vehicle. <br /><br />http://area51specialprojects.com/llrv.html <br /><br /><br />Bigbrain, I have stated time and again that you have no idea what you are talking about and you are proving it with each passing day.<br /><br />

Y

yevaud

<font color="yellow">The conversion of kinetic energy to light occurs every time a meteor impacts the atmosphere. You can SEE the light. If you've ever seen a meteor, or bolide then you've seen the process actively. It's rather common in meteor showers. There's always another one coming up.</font><br /><br />Too obvious. Myself, I felt that using that example would lead to yet another divergent, sophistic angle of denial by BB. <br /><br />Let's see if I can express this properly:<br /><br />NO NO BIG DUMMIES. THERE AM NO SUCH THINGG AS EFFECTS FROM FRICTION. THERE IS AIR WHERE A METEOR HITS EARTH. IT BURNS UP! DO YOU KNOW OF FRICTION??!!<br /><br />Summit' lahk that, y'all. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

A

arit

steve,<br /><br />Is the meteor example analogous? What about air friction? Plese explain how the meteor and the temple collision are the same.<br /><br />Regards,<br /><br />arit <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <span style="font-size:6pt;color:#009999;font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:6pt;color:#009999"><font face="Times New Roman"><strong><strong><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#009999;font-family:'CourierNew'"><p> </p><p><strong><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#009999;font-family:'CourierNew'">"We will either find a way, or make one!" - Hannibal<br /> </span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#009999;font-family:'CourierNew'"><br /></span></strong></p></span></strong></strong></font></span></span> </div>

D

dragon04

"Their excuse for being able to steer it, Using stars, but how can it use stars when it can't even se them... "<br /><br />Check this link :<br /><br />http://www.ballaerospace.com/di_target.html<br /><br />Note the star trackers onboard the spacecraft.<br /><br />bigbrain - It was a dead guy who guided DI to Tempel. Well, a couple dead guys.<br /><br />Kepler and Newton among others.<br /><br />Speaking of Kepler, how ironic is it that his last home was in a town called Sagan? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <em>"2012.. Year of the Dragon!! Get on the Dragon Wagon!".</em> </div>

B

bigbrain

"… But then to prove THAT probe exists we'd need a probe to watch the probe that's watching the probe that's watching the probe that's doing the work”…<br /><br />Why are you going to space?<br />To demonstrate your power, your strenght, that you are the most powerful country in the world.<br /><br />You can not do it with 3D cartoons.<br /><br />When you have gone to Mars, you would have been able to astonish all the world filming Mars raising out of the darkness of universe slightly illuminated by the sun and after more and more close to you.<br /><br />It would have been wonderful to see Mars more and more big, its atmosphere with variegated range of colours and the darkness of universe trembling of stars, to see your probe that threw Spirit at the atmosphere of Mars.<br /><br />And instead all the world has seen this:<br />http://origin.mars5.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/press/spirit/20050308a/MER_Spirit_navcam365-390_anim-A419R1_br.gif<br /><br />Stones, stones and only stones, tons of stones.<br /><br />Why still in this mission have you not filmed your Impactor while going to meet the comet?<br /><br />It would have been stupefacient to see the real manoeuvres of your Impactor slightly illuminated by the sun.<br /><br />And instead still only 3D cartoons and this buffoonery:<br /><br />http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/deepimpact/main/index.html - Comets a Smash at JPL <br /><br />What a poor figure for New Animation Softwares Agency (NASA)<br />

T

telfrow

<font color="yellow">Why still in this mission have you not filmed your Impactor while going to meet the comet?</font><br /><br />It did.<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <strong><font color="#3366ff">Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find and not to yeild.</font> - <font color="#3366ff"><em>Tennyson</em></font></strong> </div>

B

bigbrain

"Why still in this mission have you not filmed your Impactor while going to meet the comet? <br /><br />It did". <br /><br />Let me see.<br />

T

telfrow

Find it yourself...you seem to be able to navigate the sites pretty well. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <strong><font color="#3366ff">Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find and not to yeild.</font> - <font color="#3366ff"><em>Tennyson</em></font></strong> </div>

B

bigbrain

"Find it yourself...you seem to be able to navigate the sites pretty well". <br /><br />Your answer is rude. I will inform moderators.<br />

T

telfrow

Go right ahead. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <strong><font color="#3366ff">Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find and not to yeild.</font> - <font color="#3366ff"><em>Tennyson</em></font></strong> </div>

T

telfrow

BTW, BB: to report my "rude behavior," go to "Suggestions and Announcements," "Ad hominem/Obscenity Moderation Request Thread," and post your complaint. <br /><br />Thanks to your threads, we know the route by heart. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <strong><font color="#3366ff">Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find and not to yeild.</font> - <font color="#3366ff"><em>Tennyson</em></font></strong> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.