Does dark matter/energy form before, with stars or after?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ajna

Check out this article and image of 'Serpens South' with the dark condesing gas line in the image: http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/070808_star_family.html<br /><br />Would the dark matter/energy associated with this formation occur before, concomitantly, or after the star formation? The image suggests to me that dimensional changes create dark energy, which becomes a focal point for compression and star formation. <br /><br />Can anyone shed some light?

D

docm

Depends on what DM is made of, or more likely what mix of components. There are many candidates including exotic particles like the Axion and others. Some would have been around since the big bang and others produced along the way.<br /><br />Just this week another was added; <br /><br />http://www.physorg.com/news105703818.html<br /><br /><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p> A vacuum – space essentially void of any matter whatsoever – is a strange thing. And it may be even stranger, according to recent research. Motivated by the results of an experiment known as PVLAS, which showed that not only is the vacuum empty but can act like a crystal under a strong magnetic field, a group of physicists has proposed a dark-matter candidate particle produced during the early universe and within stars.<br /><br />Crystals, materials with ordered atomic structures, are nothing new in the world of physics. Physicists use them in many ways, such as to cause light that is oscillating in one direction (“linearly polarized†light) to spin around while oscillating (becoming “circularly polarized†light). But a vacuum acting like a crystal is something altogether different.<br /><br />In the PVLAS experiment, which is located at Italy's Legnaro National Laboratory, researchers created a vacuum in a chamber, applied a strong magnetic field to the chamber using powerful magnets, and directed a beam of light into one end. They observed that the light coming out spun around as if it had passed through a crystal.<br /><br />“We propose that the intense magnetic field causes light to mix with certain hypothetical particles, which are called pseudoscalars,†explained corresponding scientist Pankaj Jain, a physicist at the Indian Institute of Technology in Kanpur, to PhysOrg.com. “Essentially, light gets partially converted into these particles, which then convert back after a short time inter</p></blockquote> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

V

vandivx

before<br /><br />[puzzled] however the article says nothing about dark matter while you talk specifically about this formation as if it is somehow special as far as DM/DE goes [/puzzled]<br /><br />vanDivX <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

ajna

Hey DocM I really like that article, my jaw dropped. <br /><br />It seems to me that magnetics really is the key to changing the dimensional properties/territory of a quantum, as these experiments show. I see a symmetry here, I don't know how valid it is:<br />ordinary matter/dark matter<br />ordinary energy/dark energy<br /><br />yeah ok kindy stuff, but it implies that there is what we call 'matter' and 'energy' within dimensions that interact with ours in ways that are both natural and artificially-produced, and that as a quantum's dimensionality changes, so does its properties in the 'dimensional set' we experience.<br /><br />we will find that magnetics is the key to unlocking these effects I think, and dynamic, active fields will produce even more questions.<br /><br />The fact that quasiscalars are affected by the gravity/curvature in this theory kind of answers my question. I still think that dimensional postures (dark energy) produce gravity and other effects to act on everything else, and your post supports this so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts