Does there exist lists of all objects in orbit around earth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

crysysone

I know there was a project to map all the space junk we have left up there in the last 70+ years of spaceflight but I'm not really looking to be that detailed. I'm more interested in seeing the basic altitude of common orbital objects from LEO to the moon.<br /><br />If you've seen the size comparison images of planets and suns recently, I'd like to put together something like that with the earth at one extreme, starting with the tallest building. Move up to aircraft, LEO missions and the debris field, the space station, MEO missions, Geosync satellites, and all the way out to the surface of the moon. I want to throw interesting craft in throughout the image like a typical jetliner, ICBM altitudes, Iridium satellites, comm sats, GPS, and Apollo with the Eagle on the moon.<br /><br />Eventually I'd put it together into a long image with the Earths surface to the left and the Moons surface to the right like this:<br />)_____|_____|_____|_____|_____(<br /><br />I think it would be interesting and I haven't seen anything like it yet.

E

enigma10

I'm sure there is a list, as in the most recent light show over Denver recently had a source from Nasa indicating they were not expecting that piece to drop in so soon.<br /><br /> As to how often that list changes and exactly how many they track and down to what size space junk they track would be something only they could tell you. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <em>"<font color="#333399">An organism at war with itself is a doomed organism." - Carl Sagan</font></em> </div>

C

crysysone

I figured the 'space junk' statistics must be in quite a state of flux. I'd be happy with just rough numbers for min and max altitude of that data. But I want to see everything else up there, present satellites and present and past spacecraft. I'd also like to know about other objects that may inhabit an orbit inside the moon for any amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts