E=MC squared

Sep 11, 2020
E is dark energy
M is dark matter
C squared is the expansion factor

all it takes is for dark matter to be out of a gravity well and have the space to expand. If this is the case the universe will stop expanding when we run out of dark matter that is out of a gravity well.

Apr 5, 2020
E is dark energy
M is dark matter
C squared is the expansion factor

all it takes is for dark matter to be out of a gravity well and have the space to expand. If this is the case the universe will stop expanding when we run out of dark matter that is out of a gravity well.
I DON'T think that when DM is multiplied by C^2 (that is, 299,792,458 m/s multiplied by itself) is the total amount of DE. And DE and DM have completely opposite properties. So, sorry. :)

Sep 11, 2020
Some super fluids are great insulators and great conductors. Volume changes due to phase transitions are common ie water to steam

Sep 11, 2020
I think that dark matter is a superfluid and if it phase transitions to dark energy it’s properties change drastically.

Apr 5, 2020
I think that dark matter is a superfluid and if it phase transitions to dark energy it’s properties change drastically.
Water is normal matter. Water doesn't just change into dark energy or dark matter by heating or cooling or anything else. Why are you saying that water changing into steam is not its density decreasing but transitioning to dark energy? What kind of evidence do you have? Any theory or hypothesis supporting you?

I think you are just making a simple thing complex and nothing else.

Reactions: Vincent Peri
Sep 11, 2020
When water changes to steam it expands by 1600 times.
Dark matter is thought to be created under high temperature and extreme gravity.
I have read papers that theorized that dark matter could be a superfluid.
considering the forces involved to create dark matter it isn’t as big a stretch as it is a big stretch to think enough energy could be released to supply the required dark energy.

Apr 5, 2020
When water changes to steam it expands by 1600 times.
Dark matter is thought to be created under high temperature and extreme gravity.
I have read papers that theorized that dark matter could be a superfluid.
considering the forces involved to create dark matter it isn’t as big a stretch as it is a big stretch to think enough energy could be released to supply the required dark energy.
Well, then, if that was true, the same amount of water wouldn't have come back by condensing the steam.

Jul 5, 2020
Ed, you are a genius! Yes, it's true. The universe has been oscillating back and forth between dark matter and dark energy......forever. Carlo Rovelli calls it the Big Bounce. Time dilation is the holy grail, as dead stars that have collapsed become so dense that their intense gravity puts them in a "future" time zone. (mass converted into gravity) From their point of view, they "bounce" instantly, like a supernova, but we on the outside have to wait billions of years to actually witness the explosion (gravity converting back to mass). Now, the most fascinating thing about this theory is that it proves that there is no "beginning" of the universe- just a permanent "loop", no inception, no end, no problem. And it shows to the dismay of the "faithful" that there was never a "creation" or a god to pull off such a nonsensical event. Oh, and don't forget- the Big Bounce upholds the most important law in the universe- the Conservation of Energy, Time and Matter. It was refreshing to hear some with real intelligence put it so simple and true!!!!!!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts