Earth has a 'pulse' of 27.5 million years

Earth's geologic 'pulse' happens every 27.5 million years, says study, https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/tech...s-says-study/ar-AALgmPf?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

My observation. A popular report. This report shows 10 extinctions in the period 260 million years ago to the present in the geologic record based upon new dating methods and better methods.

"Researchers found that these global geologic events are generally clustered at 10 different timepoints over the 260 million years, grouped in peaks or pulses of roughly 27.5 million years apart."

My note. Connecting dots to astronomy, the galactic year can be determined for the Sun using the LSR. Velocities reported range from about 220 km/s to 227 km/s for more recent reports. Using Jean Meeus Astronomical Algorithms, the area of the ellipse and perimeter can be determined. The Sun’s orbital period (1 galactic year) ranges 216 to 232 million years. Since the Cambrian explosion, the Sun could complete 2 galactic years. Demonstrating the Sun actually did this by astrometry is challenging 😊 Then there is the list of 5 great mass extinctions. End-Ordovician mass extinction, Late Devonian mass extinction, End-Permian mass extinction (the Great Dying), End-Triassic mass extinction, End-Cretaceous mass extinction. My opinion. The fossil record points to death and mass extinction, not slow, gradual evolutionary transformation of one life form into another preserving the missing links required. The fossil record shows sudden, abrupt, and massive burial in many places; thus, the fossil record demonstrates catastrophism at work in Earth’s past. Whether the Sun did or did not complete 2 galactic years since the Cambrian explosion fossils formed is another story.