Effects of the Suns Mass Shadow on Earth's Gravity

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

valareos

ok, so the subject seems to be taken straight out of star wars, but it is the best way to describe something that has been bothering me for 10 years now.<br /><br />I will fully explain my thoughts, feel free to comment on any part. though I enjoy theoretical physics for fun, I dont have the mass amounts of formulas needed at my finger tips, so at the moment it is a mental exersize.<br /><br />1: Gravity at Earths Core<br /><br />Gravity is created by the presence of mass. The more mass and the denser the mass, the greater the gravity. At near the center of earths core, there would be more mass around you than below you. Therefore, one should experiance a "negative gravity" effect as at the very center, the mass around you is pulling you in different directions. a scale will go negative. since this would affect all matter near the center, shouldnt gravity work to pull mass towards the center from without, and away from the center from within? A result of such would result in a hollow core of perfect vaccuum.<br /><br />This would however mean that an estimation of the earth with a hollow core would not be consistant with measurments of earths gravitational effects (such as escape velosity and acceleration)<br /><br />2: Mass Shadow effect.<br /><br />Here is the mental part of this exersice. Imagine compressing the 3 spacial dimentions and 1 temporal dimentions down to a 1 dimention flat line, the x axis on a graph. The sun, represented in this case by a dot, would warp the line in a hyperbolic effect, the y axis now representing the gravity pull at any given location. Add the earth, that is in position in the already warped space/time line. Its gravity would warp it more at that location. you can draw this quickly on a piece of paper to see the effect. If the y axis is representing the pull of gravity at that location, then the gavity effect at the surface of earth is a sum of its own effect, plus the effect of the sun at that location. Meaning that the gravity of

S

siarad

Good time for the question as we're about farthest from the sun now.<br />So measure g now & again about Jan 4

V

valareos

Id gladly test it if I had the proper materials.. the large vaccum room is the hardest part to get :p

Status
Not open for further replies.