Electric Universe, The Iron Sun, and Plasma Cosmology thread

Page 10 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DrRocket

<p>If and when Mr. Mozina returns, I will re-state my demand that he answer the 3 questions that wre posed at the beginning of this thread.</p><p>I again suggest that we as a group refrain from further posts to this thread unless and until Mozina provides a direct answer to each of those questions.&nbsp; I think he will either answer them or dry up and go away if he finds that his alternatives are to answer or spend time talking to himself.</p><p>I solicit you participation in this strategy, and your opinions as to its viability.</p><p>Edit:&nbsp; This is the same strategy that I suggested earlier, but I don't if many saw it as Mozina was effective in putting up several posts afterwards to effectively bury it. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

T

tanstaafl76

<p>A noble effort DrRocket, and after re-reading your summary and notes regarding Alfven's work on Cosmical Electrodynamics as well as Cosmic Plasma on Page 1, I must commend you for your patience and diligence in dealing with this situation. &nbsp;Also kudos to the mods for dealing with a difficult user in the confines of a difficult message board system. &nbsp;Please do not feel you have wasted your time, as at least I for one have learned a great deal about interesting aspects of plasma physics that I had never known before.</p><p>However, I think you will find upon Mr. Mozina's return that this is where he either vanishes and heads to the next internet forum, or turns back to accusations of harassment in the context of the thread, feigned outrage, and/or argument over semantics in order to avoid answering the fundamental flaws in the "theory" he advocates as well as avoiding taking responsibility for the distortion if not outright bastardization of sound scientific work performed by Birkeland and Alfven.</p><p>After a short bit of research on the web I've found this cycle is nothing new, it has happened to a number of science-oriented message board communities, all with an amazingly similar outcome. &nbsp;Obfuscation of facts by Mozina, circular argument, ignoring of questions, and blatant misrepresentation of the work of Birkeland and Alfven. &nbsp;So frustrated have other communities become that they would create a running list of "Unanswered Questions for Mozina" that of course, go unanswered perpetually. &nbsp;Eventually the thread(s) (in the case of one community I believe they were up to 13 or 14 of this inane round-and-round argument) get closed and the topic ceases being discussed unless there is genuinely new information available that is backed up by NEW and relevent science (which, based upon the same old citations of century-old observations of electric discharges in a laboratory as being equivalent to an accurate solar model, obviously does not exist). &nbsp;I have little doubt that a similar solution will wind up being implemented here.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

O

origin

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>&nbsp;With great reluctance, a minor clarification;&nbsp;The solar composition would reflect the composition of the nebula that formed our solar system, and since we know of 'primordial' uranium on earth, logically, there is some U in the sun.&nbsp;Additionally, U in the core of the sun will be exposed to neutron flux from the fusion reactions occurring there.&nbsp; The reaction of the various U isotopes to neutron flux was of considerable interest to the US government (et al) starting in the 1940s and continuing to the present day.&nbsp; IIRC my nuke physics, various U isotopes fission via either fast or slow neutron irradiation.&nbsp; Isotopes in particular, U233, U235, and U238, have found use in various and sundry nuclear devices to date.&nbsp; Also, it would seem that regardless of the energy of the fusion neutrons emitted in various fusion reactions, the presence of low Z isotopes (H, D, T, He3, He4, He5, C, etc.) would moderate even a high energy N flux accordingly.&nbsp;So, grudgingly, we conclude fission occurs in the sun, but at a very low order, and certainly at a drastically reduced rate from 4+ billion years ago.&nbsp;We can also conclude that this was unknown, and unknowable prior to the crucial and historic realization by Lize Meitner, IIRC, ca 1940, and the hard work and insight of many workers in the field since.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br />Posted by vogon13</DIV><br /><br />I think you are forgetting the structure of the sun as defined by michael.&nbsp; As michael has stated many times the sun is mass seperated down to the <em>isotope!&nbsp; </em>That is why the sun appears to be made of primarily hydrogen and helium - these light elements are at the upper layers of the sun.&nbsp; Uranium being a very heavy element would be near the core of the sun.&nbsp;&nbsp;But, as michael has explained the core of the sun is a neutron star, so the uranium would be pulled into the neutron core and not be available to undergo fission.&nbsp;&nbsp; Er somithing like that, I guess....</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

V

vogon13

<p>&nbsp;</p><p>The sun is gaseous throughout. &nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Reallio and trulio. </p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Kind of messes up the neutron core idea, don't it ?? </p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Well, I guess that is the end of this mess.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Say goodnight, Gracie.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>{sorry for not bringing this up 608,547 posts ago}</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts