Explorer poster

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

runk1

After beating my head against the desk for hours in fruitless internet searches, I will resort to posting the question here in the hopes that someone may know what I'm talking about.<br />I am on the hunt for a poster that is essentially an assembly of famous explorers or discovery events, heavy with the space theme. I have not seen one, but the subject seems to be such an obvious one I can't imagine that it hasn't been done yet. Basically it would be setup in a timeline like format starting on the left with perhaps Columbus or Darwin and move to the Wright Brothers, then Mercury, Apollo, Shuttle, ISS, perhaps with Orion as the final depiction. It could be persons, ships and/or both depicted. Essentially I want something that depicts famous "Firsts" or explorers.<br />Have you seen anything like this?<br />

H

h2ouniverse

Given your list of "explorers", I think you have difficulties because you are looking for a US-centric view of history of discoveries, that would therefore focus mainly on the latest decades. Despite being a space enthousiast I am afraid that space is not considered as the sole area of discovery. Similar charts might include Gagarin or Armstrong but probably not much more in the space area...<br />Although Voyager 1 and 2 should deserve a pick imho.<br /><br />

R

runk1

I wouldn't say that Columbus or Darwin would be US-centric...But do admit that I don't want a picture with Nanook of the North discovering the Aluetian passage in 10239 BC.... I believe I got my point across in that I would be more interested in something aviation/space centric with perhaps throwbacks to the age of sail just for perspective and balance. Anyone else have any ideas?

H

h2ouniverse

I did not mean to be offensive.<br />It's just a reason why such a chart is difficult to find imho. Not because there is nothing admirable in the sequence you propose but because that would mean jointing two sequences with two very different time constants...<br /><br />Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.