Exploring Ancient Alien Civilizations: Timeless Echoes Across the Cosmos

Aug 11, 2023
Visit site
Hey there,

Ever wondered if there could be advanced alien civilizations thriving on planets thousands of light-years away? It's a fascinating concept to consider. When we look at distant planets and stars, we're peering into the past because light takes time to travel across the vast cosmos. Imagine if there are civilizations out there that evolved over millennia, their signals just now racing toward us. Our technology might one day catch these echoes from the past, revealing ancient cultures waiting to surprise us in the cosmic archive. It's like a cosmic time capsule, and as our tools and knowledge evolve, who knows what revelations might await?

What's your thoughts?

Reactions: rod
As a lifelong close student of history and the physics, or natural laws, the "lessons of history" as Will Durant described them, I know that civilizations turn away from a frontier of constant youth and rot in a doddering old age of their own success and ever-increasing entropy from that inbreeding of it in the closed system. It spins wheels faster and ever faster in place on a treadmill going nowhere at all but spinning in inward turning to rot's jading, shredding . . . and divisions inward instead of outward in and to a fountain of youth: increasing youthful frontier growth room, growth energies, exodus, unities and revolutionary, evolutionary branching divisions.

The saying is that "the only constant is change." Where there is room, the old also has room to fill a void . . . to live longer . . . and that, my friends, is itself change, an ever slower change right alongside and equal to an ever-faster change (given the growing room and energies for all in and of an opening, energetically youth-filled, Noah's Ark-like space-colony (hyper surface hyperspace) frontier independence in local and wide area network system). A going BACK! to the future!

As long as this father, grandfather, and great-grand-father, lives, like physicist Stephen Hawking did also, I'm going to keep pushing it and harping on it. I'm not only a lifelong close student of history and "the lessons of history" -- and widely read besides, I'm NOT a mathematician as such but I am identified as an "intuitive visual mathematician," which means a seer of, and a thinker into, more dimensions of more things than just one or two. I bring it up, and will never let loose of it, but often -- especially in this day and darkening old age of entropic closed systemic shrinking minds -- it is "a bitter pill." My career specialty of more than forty years was the revolutions and evolutions of computers, information technology, and the processing and communication of information. Because of my other backgrounds too, and what I am to begin with, I was especially good at it and with it. That same "bitter pill" eventually burned me out on that career, in a second career in a communistic Iron Curtain 'university' setting (environment) I did not expect to find going in, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: spacetimedimen
Aug 11, 2023
Visit site
As a lifelong close student of history and the physics, or natural laws, the "lessons of history" as Will Durant described them, I know that civilizations turn away from a frontier of constant youth and rot in a doddering old age of their own success and ever-increasing entropy from that inbreeding of it in the closed system. It spins wheels faster and ever faster in place on a treadmill going nowhere at all but spinning in inward turning to rot's jading, shredding . . . and divisions inward instead of outward in and to a fountain of youth: increasing youthful frontier growth room, growth energies, exodus, unities and revolutionary, evolutionary branching divisions.

The saying is that "the only constant is change." Where there is room, the old also has room to fill a void . . . to live longer . . . and that, my friends, is itself change, an ever slower change right alongside and equal to an ever-faster change (given the growing room and energies for all in and of an opening, energetically youth-filled, Noah's Ark-like space-colony (hyper surface hyperspace) frontier independence in local and wide area network system). A going BACK! to the future!

As long as this father, grandfather, and great-grand-father, lives, like physicist Stephen Hawking did also, I'm going to keep pushing it and harping on it. I'm not only a lifelong close student of history and "the lessons of history" -- and widely read besides, I'm NOT a mathematician as such but I am identified as an "intuitive visual mathematician," which means a seer of, and a thinker into, more dimensions of more things than just one or two. I bring it up, and will never let loose of it, but often -- especially in this day and darkening old age of entropic closed systemic shrinking minds -- it is "a bitter pill,"
Thank you for sharing your insightful perspective on the cyclical nature of civilizations and the potential for rejuvenation. Your analogy of civilizations transitioning from youth to ageing is thought-provoking, highlighting the importance of balanced growth.

I went behind the Iron Curtain, July 1970. Drove across East Germany to West Berlin, crossed Checkpoint Charlie, spent the day in the East. It was an eye opening experience for a 17 year old. There was nothing there, empty streets, no noise, no lights, no activity, no goods in the shops. Eerie.

Reactions: Atlan0001
Aug 11, 2023
Visit site
I went behind the Iron Curtain, July 1970. Drove across East Germany to West Berlin, crossed Checkpoint Charlie, spent the day in the East. It was an eye opening experience for a 17 year old. There was nothing there, empty streets, no noise, no lights, no activity, no goods in the shops. Eerie.
Your firsthand account of visiting East Berlin in 1970 is truly fascinating! It's incredible how different places evoke such distinct feelings and leaves lasting impressions. Just as you observed an eerie emptiness in East Berlin, the idea of alien civilizations sends us pondering the vastness of space and the potential for unseen worlds. It's a reminder that our understanding of existence is shaped by the perspectives we encounter. Thanks for sharing your unique experience!

Reactions: billslugg
Thank you for your kind words.
Here is some additional perspective:
- Locals would sidle up to us and whisper. "Want to sell your blue jeans? 100 US dollars". We didn't dare as we each carried a written inventory of our hard currency. East German Marks could not be traded outside the East. Worthless to us once we left. That's why they were offering dollars. Could not take the dollars, we'd be arrested on the way out.
- Vacant lots still piled with WWII rubble, 25 years after.
- Only two stores open on the Unter der Linden, "the main drag in East Berlin". One a bookstore with nothing but Communist tracts and Lenin posters. The other a gleaming white meat store with empty showcases, one bowl of sausage with three attendants looking over it.
Very strange. Very impactful.

Been to every one of the 159 counties in GA, 42 US states, 24 countries. Twelve times to Europe. When you go to a foreign country, everything is different. Even things that are supposed to be the same.

You get a can of cola in the US it is 12 ounces, ice cold, carbonated. I don't know how it is now but on my honeymoon, in 1985 in Paris, if you asked for a cola you got a 6 ounce can, room temperature, no carbonation, mostly syrup and an apertif glass to pour it into and sip from.

My point is, your own reference point is unique. The farther you go, the more different that things are. Now just imagine how different humans will be from space fairing peoples.

Aug 11, 2023
Visit site
Been to every one of the 159 counties in GA, 42 US states, 24 countries. Twelve times to Europe. When you go to a foreign country, everything is different. Even things that are supposed to be the same.

You get a can of cola in the US it is 12 ounces, ice cold, carbonated. I don't know how it is now but on my honeymoon, in 1985 in Paris, if you asked for a cola you got a 6 ounce can, room temperature, no carbonation, mostly syrup and an apertif glass to pour it into and sip from.

My point is, your own reference point is unique. The farther you go, the more different that things are. Now just imagine how different humans will be from space fairing peoples.
Your extensive travels have exposed you to a myriad of cultures and perspectives, underscoring the remarkable diversity that exists across our world. Your description of the varying experiences, right down to something as familiar as a can of Coke, truly illustrates the impact of different environments and contexts on even the most routine aspects of life. It's intriguing to consider how these variations expand exponentially as we venture further, whether it's across continents or, as you've so aptly put it, into the realm of potential space-faring civilizations. The prospect of encountering beings shaped by entirely different cosmic reference points is a captivating notion indeed. Your insights have added a whole new layer to the discussion – thank you for sharing your incredible experiences!

Would want to know more about you.

I'm just a retired Electrical Engineer with an interest in space.
When I was 7 years old we were living in a house on Sunset Lane, right off Montgomery Ave in Haverford PA. I was in second grade, on Xmas vacation, Dec 1959. Next door lived an elderly lady, "Granny Franny", aka Francis Sergeant, mother of Charles Conrad, third man to step foot on the Moon. He came home for the holidays, saw me out in the yard, came over and introduced himself. "Hi, I'm Charles Conrad, I'm a fighter pilot and I am going to be an astronaut some day." The next spring he went through the physical, took one look at the endoscope and said: "I'm out of here." He mulled it over and within a year had gotten the checkup and was selected. Later he came over to our house and signed my Weekly Reader containing his picture. This was back in the days when every young kid was space crazy.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2023
Visit site
I'm just a retired Electrical Engineer with an interest in space.
When I was 7 years old we were living in a house on Sunset Lane, right off Montgomery Ave in Haverford PA. I was in second grade, on Xmas vacation, Dec 1959. Next door lived an elderly lady, "Granny Franny", aka Francis Sergeant, mother of Charles Conrad, third man to step foot on the Moon. He came home for the holidays, saw me out in the yard, came over and introduced himself. "Hi, I'm Charles Conrad, I'm a fighter pilot and I am going to be an astronaut some day." The next spring he went through the physical, took one look at the endoscope and said: "I'm out of here." He mulled it over and within a year had gotten the checkup and was selected. Later he came over to our house and signed my Weekly Reader containing his picture. This was back in the days when every young kid was space crazy.
What an incredible and serendipitous connection you have with the world of space exploration! The fact that Charles Conrad introduced himself to you and shared his dream of becoming an astronaut is truly remarkable – a moment that must have left an indelible mark on your young mind. The journey he embarked upon, from fighter pilot to astronaut, showcases the determination and dedication that fueled the early days of space exploration. It's wonderful to hear that you have a tangible memento of his visit, a signed Weekly Reader containing his picture. Your story is a captivating reminder of the excitement and inspiration that space ignited in young hearts during that era. Thank you for sharing this remarkable glimpse into your connection with a true pioneer of space exploration!

Reactions: billslugg
Aug 11, 2023
Visit site
<<Removed by moderator>>
I appreciate your perspective on this matter and your willingness to engage in a meaningful discussion. You have devoted careful thought to the topic of extraterrestrial phenomena and their potential implications. The connection you draw between UFO sightings and the presence of malevolent beings is an interesting interpretation.

On a personal note, I've also had a UFO encounter, which has led me to ponder the various possibilities and implications surrounding these experiences. In a world where beliefs and theories about the unknown can vary widely, it's important to approach these subjects with open minds and hearts and to consider multiple perspectives.

While opinions may differ on the origins of UFOs or encounters, fostering respectful conversations around these ideas helps us broaden our understanding and encourages deeper exploration of the mysteries that surround us. Thank you for sharing your insights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bizarre "demon" particles existing! As the hunt has gone on for a fifth fundamental force and possibly new physics, I've been hunting a reduction of the fundamental four to a more fundamental two and wanting to make the final cut, the final reduction, of four and two, to the final, the singularity, of the most fundamental seventh FORCE. The apex of the pyramid (four to two, to one = seven) Life FORCE of the universe.

Physicists and cosmologists, from before Einstein (Newton among the predecessor Greeks, Romans, and so many others) to Einstein and Hawking, to Penrose, and Sci-Fi's George Lucas and Steven Spielberg, among that group, and more have gone there. I'm going to follow-up in my usual way if I'm allowed to. I think I will do my bit here in following up on the Greeks, the Romans, the Arabs and Chinese, Einstein, Hawking, Penrose, and Lucas:

Life exists in the universe as, overall, a fundamental force, the "Life Force," just as climate change fanatics, among others including me, insist life on Earth exists on Earth as a force of nature that has made Earth today what it is in that universe....

Lucas' science-fictional idea of a neo-, or quasi-, life wave-particulate was 'Midi-Chlorions." universally nano-bit-, qubit-, like and maybe life, maybe not! Yes and/or no, and maybe! Primordial! The universally discrete quanta of the Life Force, as such Life Force (the seventh and most fundamental force of all), in any case. Whether anyone would adopt Lucas' terminology and concept is neither here nor there necessary, the entity of the Life Force would have its own physics and quantum / classical makeup.

Lastly, as an aside, Hawking in his 'A Brief History of Time," pointed out a migratory "Life Zone" frontier to which, and in which, life -- as life within and from out of the Life Force -- should always, would always (as in "eternally" and "immortally"), be migrating.

Last edited:
Hey there,

Ever wondered if there could be advanced alien civilizations thriving on planets thousands of light-years away? It's a fascinating concept to consider. When we look at distant planets and stars, we're peering into the past because light takes time to travel across the vast cosmos. Imagine if there are civilizations out there that evolved over millennia, their signals just now racing toward us. Our technology might one day catch these echoes from the past, revealing ancient cultures waiting to surprise us in the cosmic archive. It's like a cosmic time capsule, and as our tools and knowledge evolve, who knows what revelations might await?

What's your thoughts?
spacetimedimen:, I enjoy exoplanet studies and use these two sites. http://exoplanet.eu/, 5490 exoplanets listed and confirmed, https://exoplanetarchive.ipac.caltech.edu/index.html, 5496 exoplanets listed and confirmed.

Most of the exoplanets show radii sizes, (more than those with mass property listed). Using the exoplanet.eu site with radius 3 or less earth radii size, I found 2481 exoplanets. Using the NASA exoplanet archive site, 2796 exoplanets.

Do you have a real-world example for ancient civilizations on any of these exoplanets or others in the lists? On earth we know from archaeology about the Sumerians, Egyptians, Akkadian writing on cuneiform tablets, etc.

Aug 11, 2023
Visit site
spacetimedimen:, I enjoy exoplanet studies and use these two sites. http://exoplanet.eu/, 5490 exoplanets listed and confirmed, https://exoplanetarchive.ipac.caltech.edu/index.html, 5496 exoplanets listed and confirmed.

Most of the exoplanets show radii sizes, (more than those with mass property listed). Using the exoplanet.eu site with radius 3 or less earth radii size, I found 2481 exoplanets. Using the NASA exoplanet archive site, 2796 exoplanets.

Do you have a real-world example for ancient civilizations on any of these exoplanets or others in the lists? On earth we know from archaeology about the Sumerians, Egyptians, Akkadian writing on cuneiform tablets, etc.
There is no real-world evidence of ancient civilizations on any of the exoplanets that have been confirmed. However, there are a number of exoplanets that are potentially habitable, and it is possible that life, and even intelligent life, could have arisen on these planets. If there is intelligent life on any of these exoplanets, it is likely that they would be much more advanced than us, and they may have already developed technology that would allow them to travel to other stars.

It is therefore possible that ancient civilizations from other planets could have visited Earth in the past. However, there is no concrete evidence to support this claim. The only evidence we have are a few mysterious artifacts, such as the Nazca lines in Peru and the crop circles in England. These artifacts could have been created by ancient aliens, but they could also have been created by humans.

Ultimately, the question of whether or not there are ancient civilizations on other exoplanets is a matter of speculation. We simply do not have enough evidence to say for sure.

FYI, this site shows exoplanets with some atmosphere properties known today.

http://research.iac.es/proyecto/exoatmospheres/index.php, 178 currently listed. Some exoplanets are apparently devoid of any atmosphere too. Charles Darwin in his 1882 letter acknowledged that there was no worthwhile evidnece that life evolves from non-living matter, https://www.darwinproject.ac.uk/letter/?docId=letters/DCP-LETT-13711.xml&query=general law of nature#hit.rank1

At the moment, IMO, there is no evidence for ancient civilizations on exoplanets other than here on Earth.

Aug 11, 2023
Visit site
FYI, this site shows exoplanets with some atmosphere properties known today.

http://research.iac.es/proyecto/exoatmospheres/index.php, 178 currently listed. Some exoplanets are apparently devoid of any atmosphere too. Charles Darwin in his 1882 letter acknowledged that there was no worthwhile evidnece that life evolves from non-living matter, https://www.darwinproject.ac.uk/letter/?docId=letters/DCP-LETT-13711.xml&query=general law of nature#hit.rank1

At the moment, IMO, there is no evidence for ancient civilizations on exoplanets other than here on Earth.
I agree with you that there is no evidence of ancient civilizations on exoplanets other than here on Earth. However, I think it's important to keep an open mind. We are constantly learning new things about the universe, and it's possible that we will one day find evidence of ancient civilizations on other planets. In the meantime, it's fun to speculate about the possibilities!

Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
I agree with you that there is no evidence of ancient civilizations on exoplanets other than here on Earth. However, I think it's important to keep an open mind. We are constantly learning new things about the universe, and it's possible that we will one day find evidence of ancient civilizations on other planets. In the meantime, it's fun to speculate about the possibilities!
Hi, Speculation or Sci-Fi? Here is a possibility.

The history of humans, as written by archaeologists, is challenged almost irrefutably.
Advanced Civilisation(s) existed 12,000 years ago but were mostly exterminated by ice space junk that increased Earth's oceans by hundreds of meters.

Survivors built various structures around the world some of which were deliberately hidden to be found when humanity was educated enough to find them. Noticeably some of these structures had features that even today we would have great difficulty in matching.

Anyway, an elite from this civilisation survived secretly and continued to develop its knowledge and ability and is still hidden from humanity and Aliens. These Atlanteans have monitored our progress throughout history and have, when necessary, defended the planet from hostile Aliens.

However, the development of Hydrogen bombs has caused alarm. They have found it necessary to confirm that they can interfere with the launch of ballistic missiles if it ever proved necessary. Unfortunately, the Aliens regarded this as an opportunity.

To provide sufficient defense hardware the Atlanteans enlisted the help of the USA.
The USA and Atlanteans have been resisting invasion for decades. Not the USA really but an Atlantean Army secretly funded by the US with conscripts provided by our civilisation.

Thankfully our planet's biology is left-handed whilst that of most Aliens is right-handed, hence their continual sampling of life here in an attempt to find a workaround.

How's that for a new science fiction series?
PS. New UFO sightings have diminished probably because drones are a ready explanation and reports are therefore not worth making

Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
Hi, Speculation or Sci-Fi? Here is a possibility.

The history of humans, as written by archaeologists, is challenged almost irrefutably.
Advanced Civilisation(s) existed 12,000 years ago but were mostly exterminated by ice space junk that increased Earth's oceans by hundreds of meters.

Survivors built various structures around the world some of which were deliberately hidden to be found when humanity was educated enough to find them. Noticeably some of these structures had features that even today we would have great difficulty in matching.

Anyway, an elite from this civilisation survived secretly and continued to develop its knowledge and ability and is still hidden from humanity and Aliens. These Atlanteans have monitored our progress throughout history and have, when necessary, defended the planet from hostile Aliens.

However, the development of Hydrogen bombs has caused alarm. They have found it necessary to confirm that they can interfere with the launch of ballistic missiles if it ever proved necessary. Unfortunately, the Aliens regarded this as an opportunity.

To provide sufficient defense hardware the Atlanteans enlisted the help of the USA.
The USA and Atlanteans have been resisting invasion for decades. Not the USA really but an Atlantean Army secretly funded by the US with conscripts provided by our civilisation.

Thankfully our planet's biology is left-handed whilst that of most Aliens is right-handed, hence their continual sampling of life here in an attempt to find a workaround.

How's that for a new science fiction series?
PS. New UFO sightings have diminished probably because drones are a ready explanation and reports are therefore not worth making
PPS AI may lose interest (on both sides) anyway. Keeping its biological support from life may be coming to an end as AI achieves complete independence and can support itself directly. Then we are alone defending against other abandoned biologies. A tricky period indeed.

Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
Hey there,

What's your thoughts?
Just a serious point *
The fact that it may take about 4 years for light from our nearest star to arrive here does not mean that an Alien travelling at near-light speeds would take 4 years to arrive here. Nor us there. This is a misconception.
The facts are that any traveller can, in principle arrive anywhere in the universe and take less than a minute. * The reason is that at speeds near the speed of light time is dilated (slowed) and distance is dilated (shortened). For the traveller.
For everyone else left behind, the traveller would never return and he probably would look to have stopped/ even disappeared (i think)
This is of course an incomplete thought experiment not taking into account the traveller hitting hydrogen atoms in space at destructive speeds and much more exotic effects. Not only that but taking less than a minute may require most of the energy in the universe I guess. Perhaps though a compromise exists.

Latest posts