Family Dog Kept Missing 3 Year Old Safe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

a_lost_packet_

[url=http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/35483077/:1j0nje9u said:
Family dog kept missing 3-year-old girl safe[/url]":1j0nje9u]

Family dog kept missing 3-year-old girl safe

PRESCOTT, Ariz. - A family dog is credited with keeping a little girl safe after she spent the overnight hours Friday in 30-degree temperatures near Cordes Lakes, 36 miles east of Prescott.

Yavapai County Sheriff's Office spokesman Dwight D'Evelyn credits the dog, a Queensland Heeler, with 3-year-old Victoria Bensch's survival.

A Department of Public Safety helicopter crew saw movement and found the little girl and her dog just before 9 a.m. Friday, three-quarters of a mile from her home....

What's worth posting here? The dog stayed with her. She's three and not really capable of encouraging the dog to stick with her, right? Nope, the dog did it on its' own. (Unless she was somehow tied to it, which I doubt. :) )

Just another reason why dogs are awesome. :) That's all.

autralian-cattle-dog.jpg

Y

yevaud

Good Dog.

Funny. The way the title read, I said to myself, "...so the Dog had someone's safe for three years? Was there anything valuable in it?" ;)

A

a_lost_packet_

yevaud":3u7k3bne said:
Good Dog.

Funny. The way the title read, I said to myself, "...so the Dog had someone's safe for three years? Was there anything valuable in it?" ;)

When I ran across it, I had trouble making sense of the title myself. What? A dog is missing while the child is kept safe? Wha?

"Family dog keeps lost girl safe" There. Fix't.

B

Boris_Badenov

I've been through Cordes Junction a thousand times. It's on the road between north Phoenix & Prescott or the Verde Valley right on the edge of Black Canyon.
Scrub Sagebrush, coyotes & rattlesnakes outnumber the people in a big way. It's mostly made up of weeds as high as your knee & rocks the size of your house. Damned rough, dry country.
That dog deserves a steak dinner at the least.

D

docm

I've been there too - you forgot to mention the &$%#@@& peccaries :mad:

Mean, smelly little SOB'S.....

B

Boris_Badenov

docm":3f71jxdd said:
I've been there too - you forgot to mention the &$%#@@& peccaries :mad:

Mean, smelly little SOB'S.....
They may be smelly while still wearing their skin, but they sure are tasty smoked over a Mesquite fire. :D
They're thick as fleas here.
It's Gods country.
5039082.jpg

M

Mee_n_Mac

grokme":346waktu said:
Maybe the little girl protected the dog. She looks tough.

Reminded me of The Feral Kid. If she tosses a boomerang ... don't try to catch it !

6a00e0097e4e6888330120a622a936970b-300wi

Now someone give that dog a bone. {not jg though }

Status
Not open for further replies.