Fantastic 4 movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hracctsold

Has everyone gotten tired of this forum and turned out the lights?<br /><br />I just watched the movie and was really impressed. The casting was just like the "X-Men" movie, couldn't be better. While the movie took some liberties with the storyline, I went into the show to judge and watch it on its own merits. I was very impressed. If you knew the storyline you could pick up on some of the more subtle (sp) points of the show, like the new girl friend of Ben Grimm, Allicia. She looked like the storyline's version of the girl, and did I think a good job, even though for the time back then, (the '60's), she wasn't black. On the whole, it was faithful to the character of the comics, even if it did take liberties with the Von Doom character and other things for example. I found I did like it as a movie, with the character casting and development as well.<br /><br />Has anyone else cared to watch it?

L

larper

I really liked it. I never really collected comix, but F4 was always one of my favorites.<br /><br />I think they did a really good job of casting, especially Johnny. They really nailed the Johnny-Ben tension, and gave a good reason for it as well.<br /><br />I don't know if I am remembering things right or not, but didn't Ben eventually attain the ability to have a normal appearance, something akin to the Hulk? <br /><br />Speaking of Hulk, should they do an F4/Hulk movie? Ben and the Hulk were always going at it in the comics. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong><font color="#ff0000">Vote </font><font color="#3366ff">Libertarian</font></strong></p> </div>

H

hracctsold

larper,<br />If they were to have a modern hulk/thing movie, I think they would have to do much better on the appearance of the hulk. I have seen much of the new hulk movie, but have not set through a whole viewing of the movie.<br /><br />As to Ben's ability to morph into a normal appearance I don't remember that being the case. That was always the reason and tension that Reed and Ben shared. There was the time that Ben was made normal, but it did not last, but reverted back to his now present state. That also is what makes his relation with Alicia so nice. She was able to look beyond his outward appearance and see the real person inside.<br /><br />My wife was the first one to comment on the good casting of the people, and then I thought that she was entirely right in it.

L

londo_mollari

Didn't like the movie. The whole story and the movie felt like first 30 min of the properly done movie, or like an pilot episode for a series. Casting is very good but script is really bad.

V

vogon13

Ebert and Roeper 2 thumbs downed it. Compared poorly with Spiderman, Hulk, new Batman.<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

A

Aetius

My wife and I really liked "Fantastic 4". We had a really good time. Zero complaints.

S

sinova

<font color="yellow">didn't Ben eventually attain the ability to have a normal appearance</font><br /><br />for a while in the 70's or 80's, he had the ability to transform. I don't know what the mechanism was supposed to be (Reed was involved), way after my youth (I read them from Issue 1), but at some point he apparently was stuck in the orange brick mode permanently again.

S

sinova

I seem to be in the minority, but I'm sorry, I think the Spiderman films bite big-time.

V

vogon13

<br />Ebert and Roepers take. I wasn't real happy with Hulk film and haven't seen the new Batman yet.<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts