Farscape returns (sort of)

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jcdenton

<b>'Farscape's' unlikely but welcome return</b><br /><br />On Sunday at the TCA press tour, Sci Fi announced that the late, lamented outer-space series "Farscape" would be resurrected as an online entity.<br /><br />The new live-action content will "revive and expand the beloved 'Farscape' universe," according to the channel's press release. According to Sci Fi general manager Dave Howe, the current thinking is that each of the 10 segments will be few minutes long.<br /><br />The Web series will be executive produced by Brian Henson and Robert Halmi Jr and produced by the Jim Henson Company in association with RHI Entertainment.<br /><br />“In terms of what part of that [‘Farscape’] universe it encompasses, I don’t know,†said Mark Stern, executive vice president of original programming for Sci Fi, who added that the deal for the online series had just been closed days ago, so very little was known about the new venture.<br /><br />Stern also didn’t know who’d be starring in the series, but he did say that “Farscape†star Ben Browder was “just finishing up the ‘Stargate [SG-1]’ movies, so he’s available.â€<br /><br />Browder, like “Farscape†co-star Claudia Black, were series regulars on “Stargate SG-1,†which just finished up its run for good.<br /><br />I asked if the online “Farscape†content might possibly end up in Sci Fi’s on-air schedule.<br /><br />“I would love to see that happen,†Stern said. “That would be really interesting, wouldn’t it, if it found a whole new life online and then we could put them on air,†possibly all in one single broadcast.<br /><br />Browder has another project to keep him occupied, at least part of the time: Sci Fi also announced that it had picked up “Going Homer,†a miniseries he developed with “Farscape†director Andrew Prowse.<br /><br />Here’s Sci Fi’s description of the project: “Greek and Roman deities walk among us, but only 12 year old Homer Ulysses Jones can see them for what <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

a_lost_packet_

Good news about Farscape. I'll be sure to tune in.<br /><br />Bad news about that other miniseries they are planning though. It sounds too easy for them to turn into complete junk. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

E

etavaunt

That second series, is nothing more than a blatant rip=off of Neil Gaimens "American Gods", the single most successful fantasy novel of all time. It won EVERY SINGLE AWARD on offer in its publishing year.<br /><br />That makes me angry as hell, why do people stoop to steal like that!.

A

a_lost_packet_

<font color="yellow">ETAvaunt - That makes me angry as hell, why do people stoop to steal like that!.</font><br /><br />$<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

S

siriusdogstarone

I would be glad to see FarScape again , maybe it will<br />make come back on Scifi . Time will tell . <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="3" color="#339966">E To The Square</font> </div>

Y

yevaud

Curious find: in one episode (season one), Natalie Black (the actress) says "Us subateians," while heat is screwing up her physical ability to operate and remain alive. It's all about how her race lacks the gland to handle excess heat.<br /><br />"Subaceain." Sweat glands are "Subaceous."<br /><br />Just caught that. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.