Firefly

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flynn

Watched the DVD box set, can someone please tell me what Fox are thinking cancelling this show. First Futurama now Firely, two of the very best Sci-fi shows ever and they go and cancel them both.<br /><br />Firefly made Enterprise look so bad. it was doing for Sci-fi in its first year what DS9 was doing in its last couple of years, just because its science fiction doesn't mean you can't have adult story lines. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#800080">"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring" - <strong>Chuck Palahniuk</strong>.</font> </div>

W

wmdragon

a co-worker of mine has the DVD set, I will probably borrow it sometime, finally check out what all the buzz was about. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#993366"><em>The only laws of matter are those which our minds must fabricate, and the only laws of mind are fabricated for it by matter.</em> <br /> --- James Clerk Maxwell</font></p> </div>

F

flynn

I'm sure you won't regret it.<br /><br />I hope the film wakens Fox to how good it is and recommissions it. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#800080">"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring" - <strong>Chuck Palahniuk</strong>.</font> </div>

O

omacar

I loved Firefly, it was the first scifi that my wive actually sat down and watched- and liked! I loved futurama.<br />Do not forget, "Space Above and Beyond". Just as the show began to get ratings it was cancelled.

F

flynn

Was that another victim of the Fox hatchet men?<br /><br />I want to start a hate campaign <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#800080">"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring" - <strong>Chuck Palahniuk</strong>.</font> </div>

C

canadian_joe

I think that the biggest problem for Firefly was that they showed the episodes out of order. The first show they aired was the train robbery one I believe. Which made is sense because the pilot episode was so much better. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

F

flynn

Exactly, another wonderful decision on the part of fox.<br /><br />apparantly they didn't want a series with story arcs, idiots. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#800080">"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring" - <strong>Chuck Palahniuk</strong>.</font> </div>

J

jcdenton

Fox has a history of cancelling shows that don't have high ratings. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

F

flynn

Loads of shows that don't rock the world in the first year recover to become great in the ratings war.<br /><br />but then they could of gave it more of a chance by showing the shows in order so they made sense and gave it a decent time slot. Seems they are more interested in bad reality tv shows that cater to the lowest common denominator and are cheap to produce. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#800080">"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring" - <strong>Chuck Palahniuk</strong>.</font> </div>

F

flynn

and for those that don't know<br /><br />Wash (also the ginger bloke in a Knights Tale) is to I,robots Sonny what Andy Serkis is to Gollum. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#800080">"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring" - <strong>Chuck Palahniuk</strong>.</font> </div>

F

flynn

Yeah, should be great. Hopefully it'll have Fox crawling on hands and knees to restart the series. (and give Joss Weadon a free hand, listening to the audio commentries on Futurama it sounds like Matt Goerning had major problems with Fox interference) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#800080">"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring" - <strong>Chuck Palahniuk</strong>.</font> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts