Jul 1, 2021
Visit site
In my opinion, your question is unclear. Are you meaning which can grab or swallow more? Then my answer will be they can't be distinguished. It is like between a deep well and a deep gorge which has more power? Since if anything crosses the edge in both cases fall will be fatal. The result will be the same on falling.
But in the case of an NS, the event horizon is smaller than a BH.

Reactions: IG2007

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
"Black holes are astronomical objects that have such strong gravity, not even light can escape. Neutron stars are dead stars that are incredibly dense. A teaspoonful of material from a neutron star is estimated to weigh around four billion tonnes.

Both objects are cosmological monsters, but black holes are considerably more massive than neutron stars"

Rare black hole and neutron star collisions sighted twice in 10 ...

Cat :)

Reactions: Lariliss and IG2007
Jul 26, 2021
Visit site
The answer is simple. The heavier one. Neutron stars have masses between 1 and 2 solar masses, and the smallest known black hole has 6 solar masses, but we will probably find a smaller one. Acording to "sience" there are also micro black holes, so...

Last edited:
Reactions: SOURAV and IG2007
Jul 27, 2021
Visit site
Gravitational pull is determined mass and distance. The greater the mass, the shorter the distance, the greater the pull.
1. This is what distinguishes neutron star from any other star - distance to the center.
2. Black hole is commonly considered as a singularity, 'pure mass'. So, at the same mass, a black hole would generate the greater pull than a neutron star.
However, an international team of astrophysicists has now found a distinctive signature of black hole event horizons.
3. Neutron stars are among the densest objects in the Universe. Still we can distinguish between a neutron star and a black hole as neutron stars release emissions from the hard-surface.

Reactions: SOURAV
Gravitational pull is determined mass and distance. The greater the mass, the shorter the distance, the greater the pull.
1. This is what distinguishes neutron star from any other star - distance to the center.
2. Black hole is commonly considered as a singularity, 'pure mass'. So, at the same mass, a black hole would generate the greater pull than a neutron star.
However, an international team of astrophysicists has now found a distinctive signature of black hole event horizons.
3. Neutron stars are among the densest objects in the Universe. Still we can distinguish between a neutron star and a black hole as neutron stars release emissions from the hard-surface.

Reactions: SOURAV
To the best of my knowledge, Einstein didn't specify that objects with mass gravitate toward one another due to their being pulled. Einstein actually stated that space-time curves in the presence of mass, which then creates a geometry in space-time. Wheeler Explained it best, when he said... [ space-time tells matter how to move and matter tells space-time how to curve] Einstein even told us that gravitation is not a force, so why are supposedly rational people still searching for gravitons ???

There exists a form of energy which permeates the total volume of our universe, The energy is of unknown genre and is deemed to be responsible for the current phase of expansion of our universe. This as yet unknown form of energy bears the prefix dark energy, with the prefix "dark" denoting that no one can explain it.

To cut a long story short... if we have already accepted that there is a cosmological constant AKA lambda, why has Zwickys postulate regarding the existence of dark matter (and its accompanying gravitation) been accepted as theory? Gravitation would work equally well and the effect would be indistinguishable if it was caused by a push from the cosmological constant AKA dark energy, rather than a pull from (Dark Gravitons???)
There is absolutely no need for Dark matter, What's needed is a better understanding of gravitation.

This topic is one I have pondered long and hard and I have actually found a solution that could lead to a unified field theory, However the solution is so bizarre I'm still attempting to debunk it myself, (but to no avail.)

Is it possible that our reality could emerge from an effect caused by something considered to be a concept, (yet is also a cornerstone of our reality ?) When I say bizarre, its bizarre with a capital B.

A neutron star is the hardest piece of work known, therefore the most folded short of becoming a hole known. We already know that there are substances so hard that they destroy the cells of our skin and bones just to touch them, as if we had slammed them with all our force. In other words no difference whatsoever such substances are so hard. So hard they are more a force field than just substance. It may take an entity completely starved of energy to crack and eat that egg. It's singularity may seem to be a time-scape's end point, but more probably is a time-scape's beginning point. Better yet, both end and beginning, both here and there (to the horizon edge of infinity if not beyond), both deepest future (+) and deepest past (-), in one and the same point (the same deep point).

Last edited:

iconoclast

BANNED
Dec 3, 2021
Visit site
Which one has more gravitational power ?- A Neutron Star or a Black Hole ?

You need to rethink your question "power" is not the word you want. Likely "strength" is the word you want. And, your question is likely not as simple as you put it, do a bit of reading on Wikipedia about black holes and neutron stars, think about it, and maybe try again??

iconoclast

BANNED
Dec 3, 2021
Visit site
The answer is simple. The heavier one. Neutron stars have masses between 1 and 2 solar masses, and the smallest known black hole has 6 solar masses, but we will probably find a smaller one. Acording to "sience" there are also micro black holes, so...

Was that a deliberate mis-spelling???

Latest posts