hard questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

condor007

<p>can anyone answers these questions?</p><p style="margin:0in0in0pt;text-align:justify" class="MsoNormal"><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">.1 Describe which of the formation hypotheses associated with the Moon possibly is most relevant to </font></span></p><p style="margin:0in0in0pt0.5in" class="MsoBodyTextIndent2"><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">the formation of Titan. In your answer, explain why the hypotheses not chosen by you are of lesser relevance .</font></span></p><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">&nbsp;</font></span> <p style="margin:0in0in0pt;text-align:justify" class="MsoNormal"><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">2. Describe the main features and processes associated with the periglacial landscape in the </font></span></p><p style="margin:0in0in0pt0.5in;text-align:justify" class="MsoNormal"><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">Tuktoyaktuk Coastlands of northern Canada. Discuss the extent to which this landscape is or is </font></span></p><p style="margin:0in0in0pt;text-indent:0.5in;text-align:justify" class="MsoNormal"><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">not a good geological analogue of Utopia Planitia, Mars.</font></span></p><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">&nbsp;</font></span> <p style="margin:0in0in0pt;text-align:justify" class="MsoNormal"><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">3. Mars, Europa, Titan and Enceladus are planetary bodies that are thought to be capable of supporting </font></span></p><p style="margin:0in0in0pt0.5in" class="MsoBodyTextIndent2"><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">primitive life. Of these four bodies, which of them do you think is the most likely and the least likely to harbour primitive life? In your answer, also address the differences between the &ldquo;origin&rdquo; of life and the &ldquo;maintenance&rdquo; of life</font></span></p><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">&nbsp;</font></span> <p style="margin:0in0in0pt;text-align:justify" class="MsoNormal"><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">4. Climate change on Earth is an issue of great importance to all of humanity. Compare and contrast </font></span></p><p style="margin:0in0in0pt0.5in" class="MsoBodyTextIndent2"><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">climate change on Venus and Mars, and then evaluate the extent to which climate change on Earth is moderate or severe by comparison.</font></span></p><p>thank you</p>

T

thebigcat

Yes, I can answer those questions. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

U

UFmbutler

Maybe next time you shouldn't blatantly copy paste your homework assignment and pretend like you're actually interested in the answer...I could answer them, but I don't want my post to be copy+pasted and handed in to some teacher by some guy on the internet. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Y

yevaud

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Maybe next time you shouldn't blatantly copy paste your homework assignment and pretend like you're actually interested in the answer...I could answer them, but I don't want my post to be copy+pasted and handed in to some teacher by some guy on the internet. <br /> </p><p>Posted by <em>UFmbutler</em></DIV></p><p>Too true.&nbsp; It appears someone should be spending more time hitting the books and paying attention in class, rather than recreating and hanging out on the 'Net. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

D

DrRocket

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>can anyone answers these questions?.1 Describe which of the formation hypotheses associated with the Moon possibly is most relevant to the formation of Titan. In your answer, explain why the hypotheses not chosen by you are of lesser relevance .&nbsp; 2. Describe the main features and processes associated with the periglacial landscape in the Tuktoyaktuk Coastlands of northern Canada. Discuss the extent to which this landscape is or is not a good geological analogue of Utopia Planitia, Mars.&nbsp; 3. Mars, Europa, Titan and Enceladus are planetary bodies that are thought to be capable of supporting primitive life. Of these four bodies, which of them do you think is the most likely and the least likely to harbour primitive life? In your answer, also address the differences between the &ldquo;origin&rdquo; of life and the &ldquo;maintenance&rdquo; of life&nbsp; 4. Climate change on Earth is an issue of great importance to all of humanity. Compare and contrast climate change on Venus and Mars, and then evaluate the extent to which climate change on Earth is moderate or severe by comparison.thank you <br />Posted by condor007</DIV></p><p>Apparently thebigcat and UFM butler can answer those questions.&nbsp; That is perhaps more than what you asked for.</p><p>Strictly speaking, the answer to your question is "Yes".</p><p>Hope that helps.&nbsp; </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

Hard questions require hard work to answer. We don't like doing student's work for them It prevents them from learning. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

M

michaelmozina

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>4. Climate change on Earth is an issue of great importance to all of humanity. Compare and contrast climate change on Venus and Mars, and then evaluate the extent to which climate change on Earth is moderate or severe by comparison.thank you <br /> Posted by condor007</DIV></p><p>Gee guys, not even one small hint? :)</p><p>I presume that the "correct" answer to this question is that both Mars and Venus have experienced more dramatic climate changes over the past few billion years than Earth, Mars losing it's atmosphere and oceans, while Venus experienced a runaway greenhouse gas episode.&nbsp; The other thing you might mention here is that there may be a direct link between global warming on Earth, and the warming of other planets, particularly if the sun's output is the primary culprit behind global warming.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> It seems to be a natural consequence of our points of view to assume that the whole of space is filled with electrons and flying electric ions of all kinds. - Kristian Birkeland </div>

O

origin

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'> The other thing you might mention here is that there may be a direct link between global warming on Earth, and the warming of other planets, particularly if the sun's output is the primary culprit behind global warming.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br />Posted by michaelmozina</DIV></p><p>That should snag a bunch of points.&nbsp; The professor would be impressed that you would answer a question with out any support at all.&nbsp; It helps when answering questions and test questions&nbsp;in particular if you&nbsp;finish the questions with *IMO*.&nbsp; This is something that almost all professors are impressed by, particularly incestuous pediphile professors.</p><p><br /><br />&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

michaelmozina

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'> This is something that almost all professors are impressed by, particularly incestuous pediphile professors.&nbsp; <br /> Posted by origin</DIV></p><p>How is this statement even *REMOTELY* related to this topic or any of his questions? Talk about "hijacking" a thread with off topic nonsense.&nbsp; I guess anything goes as long as I'm not the one doing it. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> It seems to be a natural consequence of our points of view to assume that the whole of space is filled with electrons and flying electric ions of all kinds. - Kristian Birkeland </div>

C

condor007

<p>ok let s clariyfy some points here. first of all, yes i agree the way i asked the questions was not adequate. second, this is not for an assigment. the teacher gave us 15 essay questions to study for the final. i can answer 11 of them. unfortunately i got those 4 that are causing me problems. i was just trying to get some help. even of if you people give me the perfect answer i would have to learn it by heart which would make me learn anyway. i never missed any of my classes but i just can t remenber what the teacher said about those subject.</p><p>i answered all the questions on global warming and its effect ( green house effect, CO2, dark water...)</p><p>question on the creation of the moon : fission theory, impact theory, capturation, accretion...</p><p>mars and presence of water: why there was water and why there is no more water </p><p>why the water boil on mars at a temp of 10 degrees (because of atmospheric pressure)</p><p>i have done many researches for my other questions. however i can figure out these 4. when i search for the creation of titan it gives some explanation with the atmosphere but nothing related to the moon. </p><p>question four i can find what i am looking for really.</p><p>question 2 is out of this world.</p><p>and question 3... well i can t remenber what the teacher said cause his classes are really boring.</p><p>So i agree i should have asked like this first so i apologize i didn t mean to make you think i was cheating. besides it s not for an assigment but for a final in class.</p><p>i am just trying to get some info on those. if you don t want to answer it s fine but if you can at least guide me somewhere where i can find answers i ll be more than thankfull.</p><p>sorry for the misunderstanding</p>

C

condor007

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Gee guys, not even one small hint? :)I presume that the "correct" answer to this question is that both Mars and Venus have experienced more dramatic climate changes over the past few billion years than Earth, Mars losing it's atmosphere and oceans, while Venus experienced a runaway greenhouse gas episode.&nbsp; The other thing you might mention here is that there may be a direct link between global warming on Earth, and the warming of other planets, particularly if the sun's output is the primary culprit behind global warming.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br />Posted by michaelmozina</DIV></p><p>thanks i kind of new that too. i dont&nbsp; know the specific things though. i know that there was water on mars and probably life because of one reason. asteroids brought the water on mars. when earth and mars were created 4.6 billions years ago, there were just ball of fire. the temp. decreased by the time. since mars is smaller, it got colder faster and asteroid bringing the water on mars did not evaporate like on earth because at that time earth was still too hot. therefore, life probably existed on mars a long time ago, now it is just full of silicate and ice and the proof that water was on mars are the canals we can see now. besides, about 5 years ago we found a new canal made by water in a crater....</p><p>anyways, yeah i kind of knew some stuff so guys, please don t think i was just trying to cheat :(<br /></p>

M

MeteorWayne

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>thanks i kind of new that too. i dont&nbsp; know the specific things though. i know that there was water on mars and probably life because of one reason. asteroids brought the water on mars. when earth and mars were created 4.6 billions years ago, there were just ball of fire. the temp. decreased by the time. since mars is smaller, it got colder faster and asteroid bringing the water on mars did not evaporate like on earth because at that time earth was still too hot. therefore, life probably existed on mars a long time ago, now it is just full of silicate and ice and the proof that water was on mars are the canals we can see now. besides, about 5 years ago we found a new canal made by water in a crater....anyways, yeah i kind of knew some stuff so guys, please don t think i was just trying to cheat :( <br />Posted by condor007</DIV><br /><br />Actually, by posting the precise content of your homework questions, you were in fact trying to cheat by getting the answers from other people instead of doing the research yourself. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

C

condor007

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Actually, by posting the precise content of your homework questions, you were in fact trying to cheat by getting the answers from other people instead of doing the research yourself. <br />Posted by MeteorWayne</DIV><br /><br />ok ok. i got your point your right. however it s not a homewrok so i can t cheat. there are "potential" questions for my essay for my finals. i did some researches for my other questions but i am really stuck on those four.&nbsp;i understand if nobody wants to answer to the questions spefically but i would really apreciate if someone could direct me on the web in order to find some answers.</p><p>if nobody is willing is to answer i would understand and would be deeply sorry for the trouble.</p><p>thanks</p>

U

UFmbutler

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>i understand if nobody wants to answer to the questions spefically but i would really apreciate if someone could direct me on the web in order to find some answers.</DIV></p><p>www.google.com </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

Saiph

<p>While I'm not going to answer your questions directly, I'm willing to "help" as a tutor would help. </p><p>Lets take a look at the moon question.&nbsp; You list four general theories about how our moon "formed"&nbsp; ::::fission theory, impact theory, capturation, accretion:::</p><p>So, what are the general characteristics of these?&nbsp; Look at composition, orbit, etc.&nbsp; Then, compare them to titan and see which fits best.&nbsp; If you do the legwork (look up & list the traits) I'll help you connect the dots to see which fit better and why. </p><p>#2:&nbsp; Right off the top of my head....I'm getting nothing.</p><p>#3: Life on another planet.&nbsp; Come up with a few key requirements for life.&nbsp; What does life HAVE to have?&nbsp; And which of these bodies has it best.</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

C

condor007

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>While I'm not going to answer your questions directly, I'm willing to "help" as a tutor would help. Lets take a look at the moon question.&nbsp; You list four general theories about how our moon "formed"&nbsp; ::::fission theory, impact theory, capturation, accretion:::So, what are the general characteristics of these?&nbsp; Look at composition, orbit, etc.&nbsp; Then, compare them to titan and see which fits best.&nbsp; If you do the legwork (look up & list the traits) I'll help you connect the dots to see which fit better and why. #2:&nbsp; Right off the top of my head....I'm getting nothing.#3: Life on another planet.&nbsp; Come up with a few key requirements for life.&nbsp; What does life HAVE to have?&nbsp; And which of these bodies has it best.&nbsp; <br />Posted by Saiph</DIV></p><p>ok thank you so much. omggggg i just realised i missunderstood the question. i thought titan was created from the moon. it s why i coudln t answer. actually the question is to relate the moon hypothese and find if one is plausible for the creation of titan right?</p><p>i wold say accretion becuase it was formed from panetesimal initially produced in the primitive nebula partially devolatilized during the migration with saturn.</p><font face="NimbusRomNo9L-Regu" size="2"><p align="left">fission no because it would have to be rotating too fast. (saturn)</p><p align="left">impact no cause titan is bigger than saturn</p><p align="left">capturation no because it titan could have captured saturn but not the opposite?</p><p>&nbsp;</p></font>

D

derekmcd

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>ok thank you so much. omggggg i just realised i missunderstood the question. i thought titan was created from the moon. it s why i coudln t answer. actually the question is to relate the moon hypothese and find if one is plausible for the creation of titan right?i wold say accretion becuase it was formed from panetesimal initially produced in the primitive nebula partially devolatilized during the migration with saturn.fission no because it would have to be rotating too fast. (saturn)impact no cause titan is bigger than saturncapturation no because it titan could have captured saturn but not the opposite?&nbsp; <br /> Posted by condor007</DIV></p><p>Titan is more dense than Saturn, but definitely not bigger or more massive.&nbsp; Here's a pdf file for ya concerning the possibility of Titan being a captured "planet".</p><p>http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2007/pdf/2402.pdf</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div> </div><br /><div><span style="color:#0000ff" class="Apple-style-span">"If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing." - Homer Simpson</span></div> </div>

C

condor007

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Titan is more dense than Saturn, but definitely not bigger or more massive.&nbsp; Here's a pdf file for ya concerning the possibility of Titan being a captured "planet".http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2007/pdf/2402.pdf <br />Posted by derekmcd</DIV><br /><br />nice thanks a lot

S

Saiph

<p>Here's something that might help you out:</p><p>Make a table.&nbsp; In the top row place the creation theory names (fission, accretion etc).&nbsp; In the column below each, list in a one or two word phrase (at least very short!) their characteristics.&nbsp; Things like, circular orbit, eccentric orbit, similar composition, etc.</p><p>Then make one last column for Titan itself.&nbsp; And list it's characterstics as they pertain to the theories.&nbsp; List orbit, composition, and other traits that may be important. </p><p>Then see which theory matches up best.&nbsp;&nbsp; </p><p>Once that's done, you need only work out a draft essay that explains which traits it has, why that indicates a theory, and throw in some counter examples (it's NOT theory A because we don't see trait X).</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

C

condor007

<p>i want to thank you for your help. right now i am answering the questions. as soon as i am done i will post my answers and if you can tell me if i am on the right track it will be nice.</p><p>thanks</p>

C

condor007

<p>&nbsp;hello it s me again :)</p><p>ok i answered the following question. i really impatient to get some feedback:)</p><p>feel free to add some stuff to but keep in mind that it is an introductory class...</p><p>i think i might need some help with encealadus i don t know enough it s hard to do research for this planet.</p><p>thank you</p><p style="margin:0in0in0pt;text-align:justify" class="MsoNormal"><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">Describe which of the formation hypotheses associated with the Moon possibly is most relevant to </font></span></p><p style="margin:0in0in0pt0.5in" class="MsoBodyTextIndent2"><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">the formation of Titan. In your answer, explain why the hypotheses not chosen by you are of lesser relevance .</font></span></p><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">&nbsp;</font></span> <p style="margin:0in0in0pt0.5in" class="MsoBodyTextIndent2"><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman"><strong><span>The fission theory is not taken seriously by anyone. There is no proof that any moon were a resulted of a planet breaking up. This theory is unrelevant and therefore excluded for the creation of titan. Accretion theory could be possible however, in my opinion, titan was created with the following hypothese. In my opinion, a large body impacted a Rhea sized moon, slowing down the speed which make the large body possible for a capture by Saturn magnetic field which ended up being titan. Therefore, collision or impact theory mixed with capture theory are the most relevant for the creation of titan</span></strong><span>.</span></font></font></p><p style="margin:0in0in0pt0.5in" class="MsoBodyTextIndent2"><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman"></font></font></p><p style="margin:0in0in0pt0.5in" class="MsoBodyTextIndent2"><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman"></font></font></p><p style="margin:0in0in0pt;text-align:justify" class="MsoNormal"><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">Mars, Europa, Titan and Enceladus are planetary bodies that are thought to be capable of supporting </font></span></p><p style="margin:0in0in0pt0.5in" class="MsoBodyTextIndent2"><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">primitive life. Of these four bodies, which of them do you think is the most likely and the least likely to harbour primitive life? In your answer, also address the differences between the &ldquo;origin&rdquo; of life and the &ldquo;maintenance&rdquo; of life</font></span></p><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">&nbsp;</font></span><strong><span><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman">Titan: the atmosphere of titan is 4 times more dense than the one on earth. The temperature are really cold(-290) but is as rich in organic chemical as when life began on earth, the surface is recovered by volcanoes which bring water out. There are big deposit of organic matter on Titan. The atmosphere is similar as our before the nitrogen and methane was involved. Same chemistry that happened to earth is now happening on titan.</font></font></span></strong><strong><span><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman">Some life event might occur in the deep ocean with the aid of energy and organic matter.</font></font></span></strong><strong><span><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman">In spite of the extreme conditions in this environment life may have been able to adapt and to persist. (possible primitive life and present life)</font></font></span></strong><strong><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">&nbsp;</font></span></strong><strong><span><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman">Mars: evidence of water found with an atmosphere rich in co2 and n2 which could preserve the evidence of life. The problem is the pressure since it is 100 times thiner than earth. The water evaporates at low temperatures. Mars is also too small, no placte tectonic, less gravity and no magnetic field. Mars had a green house effect in the past but lost it. There might have life on mars 3 millions years ago when the place was cold and wet. Nasa found fossils that demonstrate that life was there before. Life could have started on mars and brought to earth or vice versa.( one of the most plausible planet for primitive life) </font></font></span></strong><strong><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">&nbsp;</font></span></strong><strong><span><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman">Europa:<span>&nbsp; </span>there is a deep layer surface of ice (150 to 300 km) thick. Liquid water might exist underneath. Volcanism under the core would create an energy source possible for life Also, when europa is pulled by Jupiter gravity the tidal wave effect occur and it creates energy that keeps the ocean going (smokers). Most potential planet for life since it has organic matter due the salty water</font></font></span></strong><strong><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">&nbsp;</font></span></strong><strong><span><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman">Encealadus: wet surface,cold, there is a<span>&nbsp; </span>fracture in the south pole because it is the spot the most elevated on the planet. Possibly liquid water. Suitable for life. Atmospehere is composed of co2 as well.</font></font></span></strong> <p style="margin:0in0in0pt0.5in" class="MsoNormal"><strong><span><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman">(potential for life)</font></font></span></strong></p><p style="margin:0in0in0pt0.5in" class="MsoNormal"><strong><span><font size="3"></font></span></strong></p><strong><span><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman">&nbsp;</font></font></span></strong> <p style="margin:0in0in0pt;text-align:justify" class="MsoNormal"><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">Climate change on Earth is an issue of great importance to all of humanity. Compare and contrast </font></span></p><p style="margin:0in0in0pt0.5in" class="MsoBodyTextIndent2"><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">climate change on Venus and Mars, and then evaluate the extent to which climate change on Earth is moderate or severe by comparison.</font></span></p><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">&nbsp;</font></span><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">&nbsp;</font></span><strong><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">&nbsp;</font></span></strong><strong><span><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman">The primary concern about the climate change on Venus which is applicable to our planet is the runaway greenhouse effect. As the glaciers melt, the area of the highly reflective surface decreases and with rising temperature more evaporation of water occurs which is also a GHG.<span>&nbsp; </span>In this way, we have a positive feedback in terms of how much energy is trapped in Earth&rsquo;s atmosphere. Another concern is loss of water: if the ozone layer gets destroyed, there is a risk of having the high-energy radiation break down an H2O molecule and cause the hydrogen to leave our planet. </font></font></span></strong><strong><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">&nbsp;</font></span></strong><strong><span><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman">The difference between the climate change on Earth and Venus is the fact that the greater distance from the Sun make the above-mentioned runaway green house effect less likely to occur by itself. The main reason is the fact that most of the carbon dioxide was captured by rocks in our planet&rsquo;s early history so we have much less of the main GHG. Also we have fewer volcanoes that contribute to the effect. If it hasn&rsquo;t happen, we&rsquo;d have an atmosphere and condition quite close to what we observe on Venus today. </font></font></span></strong><strong><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">&nbsp;</font></span></strong><strong><span><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman">The difference with mars is that mars&rsquo; atmosphere is not as dense as the one on earth so everything evaporates now. When the creation of the planet occurred, mars and earth were 2 ball of fire. Since mars is smaller the temperature decreased more rapidly and the climate on mars was the same as the one on earth today. Eventually earth will become like mars in the future. Earth climate&rsquo;s change is moderate compared to venus and mars. Venus is now a greenhouse effect paradise whereas mars does not have a atmosphere dense enough to create any greenhouse effect.</font></font></span></strong><span><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">&nbsp;</font></span> <p>&nbsp;</p>

S

Saiph

<p>I'll address each answer in a bit more detail as I get time tonight (busy night!).&nbsp; A general tip on essay writing in general, follow this general format, even if you're brief about each portion:</p><p>Introduction (state the question and a short & general version of your answer in your own words!) A sentence, or two, or a paragraph depending on the length of answer required. </p><p>Body:&nbsp; Statement, evidence, statement, evidence.&nbsp; If it's a short essay answer, this can be just sentences (or compound sentences).&nbsp; If it's a bigger essay, each statment/evidence set can easily be expanded into an entire paragraph (or more if it's complex/detailed enough). </p><p>Conclusion:&nbsp; What do you conclude from the points and evidence you listed in the body?&nbsp; Another sentence or two, or paragraph as required. </p><p>If you write the essay well, even if you make an error by making a wrong conclusion, you will likely get a better grade than if you said the same thing, but poorly written...or even if you're right, and it's poorly written.&nbsp; No teacher or grader likes having to try and figure out what the student meant from their answer, and the frustration of trying inevitably affects the grade. </p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>A few quick points on each answer:</p><p>#1: Nearly indecipherable, and you've fallen victim to a classic error in essay writing:&nbsp; no supporting evidence for your statements.&nbsp; You say the fission theory isn't taken seriously...but no reason why.&nbsp; Even if it's just a single sentence reason, put it down. &nbsp;</p><p>A note on impact and capture theories:&nbsp; Impact theory is that the moon is created from debris from an impact.&nbsp; Capture is that a body from elsewhere was caught and begins to orbit the planet.&nbsp; Capture theory doesn't care how it was caught, only that it was.</p><p>If you think it was captured after being slowed by an impact...what evidence do you have?</p><p>Lets try to clear up some of the facts you have behind these theories.&nbsp; List one or two things required by each theory for me here.&nbsp; Like:&nbsp; Accretion:&nbsp; Moon's formed this way should have circular orbits. </p><p>I say this because I you've got it wrong and you don't make a strong case (or any case) for your answer. </p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>#2:&nbsp; You've actually failed to answer the question as it was posed.&nbsp; He asks not for the case for life on each body, but which one has the BEST case for life, in your opinion.&nbsp; You've listed a bunch of factors to consider, but draw no conclusions.&nbsp; You do indicate that Mars isn't likely to have life now, due to the dry environment and very little atmosphere...but you don't really pick between the other candidates.&nbsp; You also don't address the secondary points about the "origin" vs "Maintence" of life. </p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>#3:&nbsp; This one is pretty well done. I'd suggest writting a little bit more about why you think earth's greenhouse effect is moderate, but this is pretty good. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

C

condor007

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I'll address each answer in a bit more detail as I get time tonight (busy night!).&nbsp; A general tip on essay writing in general, follow this general format, even if you're brief about each portion:Introduction (state the question and a short & general version of your answer in your own words!) A sentence, or two, or a paragraph depending on the length of answer required. Body:&nbsp; Statement, evidence, statement, evidence.&nbsp; If it's a short essay answer, this can be just sentences (or compound sentences).&nbsp; If it's a bigger essay, each statment/evidence set can easily be expanded into an entire paragraph (or more if it's complex/detailed enough). Conclusion:&nbsp; What do you conclude from the points and evidence you listed in the body?&nbsp; Another sentence or two, or paragraph as required. If you write the essay well, even if you make an error by making a wrong conclusion, you will likely get a better grade than if you said the same thing, but poorly written...or even if you're right, and it's poorly written.&nbsp; No teacher or grader likes having to try and figure out what the student meant from their answer, and the frustration of trying inevitably affects the grade. &nbsp;A few quick points on each answer:#1: Nearly indecipherable, and you've fallen victim to a classic error in essay writing:&nbsp; no supporting evidence for your statements.&nbsp; You say the fission theory isn't taken seriously...but no reason why.&nbsp; Even if it's just a single sentence reason, put it down. &nbsp;A note on impact and capture theories:&nbsp; Impact theory is that the moon is created from debris from an impact.&nbsp; Capture is that a body from elsewhere was caught and begins to orbit the planet.&nbsp; Capture theory doesn't care how it was caught, only that it was.If you think it was captured after being slowed by an impact...what evidence do you have?Lets try to clear up some of the facts you have behind these theories.&nbsp; List one or two things required by each theory for me here.&nbsp; Like:&nbsp; Accretion:&nbsp; Moon's formed this way should have circular orbits. I say this because I you've got it wrong and you don't make a strong case (or any case) for your answer. &nbsp;#2:&nbsp; You've actually failed to answer the question as it was posed.&nbsp; He asks not for the case for life on each body, but which one has the BEST case for life, in your opinion.&nbsp; You've listed a bunch of factors to consider, but draw no conclusions.&nbsp; You do indicate that Mars isn't likely to have life now, due to the dry environment and very little atmosphere...but you don't really pick between the other candidates.&nbsp; You also don't address the secondary points about the "origin" vs "Maintence" of life. &nbsp;#3:&nbsp; This one is pretty well done. I'd suggest writting a little bit more about why you think earth's greenhouse effect is moderate, but this is pretty good. <br />Posted by Saiph</DIV></p><p>thanks for your help. i am back to work. i ll post my new answers mater</p>

U

UFmbutler

Also, avoid referring to yourself.&nbsp; The professor doesn't care what your opinion is, just report the facts.&nbsp; I know it's only an intro class but still, if you say "this theory is supported" you should say who supports it and why.&nbsp; When I have to grade papers and I see people start talking about their opinion, it just reeks of lack of confidence in what they're saying, meaning they didn't research it thoroughly, and hope that if they are wrong the professor will just ignore it because "oh, it's just his opinion". <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>&nbsp;Posted by condor007</DIV><br /><br />Just a brief comment, I haven't had time to read the whole thing yet. Heading out to pick up our Christmas tree.</p><p>Am I correct in assuming that English is not your native language and your are translating it?</p><p>If this is being written in English, the grammer and word choice needs a lot of work, but if you are translating, I'll just assume it comes out better in your native language :)</p><p>I'll have some time later to address the content. Glad to see you put in some real effort, it gives us all more incentive to help.</p><p>Wayne</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.