Has anyone else had problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nec208

Has anyone else had problems with this web site running slow and last weak this web site being down for almost a weak?

For almost a weak I could not go to http://www.space.com/common/community/ or http://www.livescience.com/

With both web sites down for almost a weak. When I go to the web site the page is all white and the only text that comes up is .

document.write('');

Has anyone else had problems?I know people where saying some times other browsers do not work well whith this web site.

M

MeteorWayne

I haven't (using IE 8/7). What browser are you using this weak (sic). That's useful information to know. Where are you located? Who is your ISP. Also useful info ;)

BTW, the best place to post this would probably be in the Community Talkback forum at the top of the index page. The admins do not read free space, so if you want to give them info, that is the place to post it to get some help. I believe there is someone else who had the same kind of problem that posted a thread there.

P

PiotrSatan

If you have such problems I recommend newest firefox. For me pages load in less than 3 secs

C

cosmictraveler

I too have had problems trying to log into this site only. It seems that the browser has nothing to do with the problems this site has had and will continue to have even after many of us have complained through the years. They seem to get it fixed for awhile but then let the maintenance become lax and it does the sort of thing you and I are getting here and probably others as well. I constantly have to re log in every time I visit this site as well, which again has been noted many times before. So remember that it is this site that has the errors at it, not at your end, most of the time.

A

a_lost_packet_

nec208":3bqnt3bk said:
Has anyone else had problems ...

I have problems all the time. Just recently, I had a weird hangnail that took quick a bit of work to... oh.. not that kind of problem?

Has anyone else had problems?I know people where saying some times other browsers do not work well whith this web site.

I haven't had any issues like that with SDC lately. Even the traditional "Midnight Hour" lagfest has been notably reduced for me. But, I haven't put it specifically to the test, so to speak.

Running Firefox.

N

nec208

Some people using IE 6 and fire-fox has had problems .

Has for why the site is slow somes times or go down do not know why.

D

docm

Same here. At times it takes >3 minutes just to get a post to the success screen. Browser doesn't matter.

A

a_lost_packet_

nec208":3ml0s85a said:
....Has anyone else had problems?I know people where saying some times other browsers do not work well whith this web site.

Update. :)

I've been having problems during the day lately. Slow page loads, malformed styles and posting delays. It comes and goes.

A

abq_farside

Been having a lot of slowness today. SQL Errors, page not loading, etc. etc.

W

warpfactor999

My only problem is another Detroit automotive designer getting laid off.....namely ME!!!! Oh well...had a pretty good run at it!

A

a_lost_packet_

warpfactor999":gpccqz4z said:
My only problem is another Detroit automotive designer getting laid off.....namely ME!!!! Oh well...had a pretty good run at it!

Damn, sorry man. :(

Don't worry, it'll get better up there eventually.

Z

ZenGalacticore

Have I had problems? How much you want to bet that this post doesn't get posted? I would wager 20 for, 80 against out of 100.

Z

ZenGalacticore

Well what do you know!!! It posted!

This site has been acting wacky for the last three weeks. I cannot log-in 80% of the time. And when I am in, it takes forever to post anything if I'm able to log-in at all. Once I'm in, I have to "refresh" every other second to get anything to work right.

It is not a problem with my OS or my browser. As I have run into problems at SDC, X'd out, and no problem accessing other websites. Repeat: NO PROBLEM WITH TEN OTHER RANDOM WEBSITES!

Sometimes I can access SDC itself, but cannot access the Discussion Board. It shows that I'm logged in, but then shows no 'Free Space' on the Index. When I try to "log-out", it acts like I'm already "logged-in", which I AM NOT, OTHERWISE I WOULD BE ABLE TO ACCESS "FREE SPACE"!!!!

Several other problems NOT WORTH MENTIONING, as I'm sure the powers that be are aware. (At least, one would think so.)

YEAH!!! IT'S STILL EFFING UP!!!!!!!!!! It allowed me to come back here and EDIT!!!!! But I couldn't post anywhere else!!!!!!! GDGDGD GD gdd GDdddddddddddd!!!!!!!!

V

vogon13

I might caution folks here from highlighting performance issues with the forum.

Administration takes a dim view of such agitation, and you all should consider any level of performance here to be a gift, and not something to whine about.

G

grokme

warpfactor999":2u4w2p7p said:

That sucks. Good luck in your job search.

N

nec208

This may be better if the mod moves this to the right section than free space.

Z

ZenGalacticore

He already did, it's in Community Announcements, User Talkback.

Finally, around 6:00 pm today, the site seems to be functioning normally. For now anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts