Hawkings A Brief history of time -now

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MeteorWayne

This last post is rather off topic for this tforum. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

N

nexium

I looked briefly. Those athiests know lots of ways to make believers squirm. That however does not make the athiests correct. Neil

V

vandivx

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p>The origin of our universe was very hot, and too active for matter to exist at first. Only energy existed at first.<br /><br />Therefore, if any life was around at that time, it would be logical to conclude it would be energy based life forms, not matter based life forms.<br /><br />That is just what the Bible indicates, since the Bible states God is a spirit, and both the Hebrew and Greek words for spirit (Hebrew: ruahh; Greek: pneuma) basically mean invisible energy or invisible active force.<p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br /><br />energy always has to be energy of something, i.e., there cannot be energy as such appart from some existent that has (or exhibits) that energy<br /><br />also when things are very hot doesn't mean no matter particles exist or at least their components (like quark soup or something like that) also there are exotic particles that replace those that are around now and which find themselves at home in very hot high energy environments<br /><br />"Bible states God is a spirit"<br />----<br /><br />spirit yes and it is our human spirit that we call god, hence for example that talk about 'all seeing eye of God' and that nobody can hide before him... of course nobody can hide before one's consciousness, in short God is us - sitting on each of our's shoulders - and it is time we recognized this truth<br /><br />IMO if Hawking asks "Who created God" that puts him squarely in the atheist camp and he reads bible for inspiration only I would imagine<br /><br />personally I only leafed through his book but didn't read it as it strikes me to be too much geared towards lay readers, that is it only contains surface generalities and only mentions some ideas without explanation (like that imaginary time)<br /><br />vanDivX <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

alokmohan

You mean in last chapter?Better give quote.Hawking never entered into atheism or such things as far as I know.

K

kyle_baron

<font color="yellow"><br />spirit yes and it is our human spirit that we call god, hence for example that talk about 'all seeing eye of God' and that nobody can hide before him... of course nobody can hide before one's consciousness, in short God is us - sitting on each of our's shoulders - and it is time we recognized this truth </font><br /><br />You've got it bass-akwards. One's conscience will either convict or acquit oneself, when STANDING BEFORE GOD! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font size="4"><strong></strong></font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts