HELP! In Need of Project Name!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cosmicdan

I have a short time to do this Earth Space project. This project will be proving that Earth's land masses actually are affected by the Moon's gravity more than we think. We hope to prove that the land here in Alabama will be pulled up by the Moon's gravity. We will be using GPS (Survey Grade Receiver) equipment and will be using ellipsoidal and geoidal height calulations on control monuments from NGS (National Geodetic Survey).<br /><br />PLEASE throw some ideas this way for a catchy title!

V

vogon13

Enhanced<br />Alabama<br />Gravitational <br />Lunar <br />Effect<br /><br /><br />E.A.G.L.E. for short.<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

D

drwayne

Please do not start the same thread in multiple sections of the forum please...<br /><br />Wayne <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>"1) Give no quarter; 2) Take no prisoners; 3) Sink everything."  Admiral Jackie Fisher</p> </div>

C

cosmicdan

Very Good that will be a very good possibility. I found that Moscow has been measured to be pulled by the moons gravity as much as 18 inches! Also thought about using Newton's Law of Gravitivty formula to check the results.<br /><br />Love to get other sugestions.<br /><br />Thanks<br />

J

Jerramy

Lunar Effect Geoid Distortion<br />or<br />LEGOD<br /><br />Tidal Effect of the Lunar Mass upon Sub-Continental Magma.<br /><br />Tidal Magma Waves.<br />

B

billslugg

You need to clarify your objective. First you say you will prove it moves more than we think, then you say you will prove that it moves. We already know that it moves. Do you plan to show an excess over what has already been measured? If so, who measured it first? Because what you are going to do is to prove them wrong. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p> </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts