How to use my telescope

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

erappel

I have allways wanted a telescope and my wife gave me one for christmas. It is a celestron SE 6i Nexstar. I have basic lenses (24x, 17x, 13x, 7.5x) can anyone please tell me are there other things I should be looking for or the best ways to use what I have. I would like to get into astrophotography but thought I should learn how to use my scope first. can anyone help

H

heyscottie

Learn the sky!<br /><br />Get yourself a book like "The Monthly Sky Guide" by Ian Ridpath & Wil Tiron. You can get it for $15 or less. It will give you lots of good targets for small scopes and binoculars. Then all you have to do is go out there and try to find them! The best way to learn will be by doing it...<br /><br />Also, if you have any more specific questions, by all means ask them in this forum.

M

MeteorWayne

And subscribe to Sky and Telescope or Astronomy magazines.<br /><br />Plenty of tips, news, and inspiration!! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts