I support the proven part of the bigbang theory, but why did time begin to exist only with the beginning of the expansion?

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Any use? Wiki

• Spacetime

which represents a particle's progress through spacetime. That line is called the particle's world line. Mathematically, spacetime is a manifold, which
    192 KB (27,044 words) - 02:13, 16 July 2021

• String theory (category Particle physics)
    a black hole is defined as a region of spacetime in which the gravitational field is so strong that no particle or radiation can escape. In the currently
    121 KB (15,177 words) - 18:02, 8 July 2021

• Quantum gravity (redirect from Spacetime background)
    causality, the measurable spacetime around a spin-half particle's (rest frame) must be spherically symmetric - i.e., either spacetime is spherically symmetric
    44 KB (5,157 words) - 15:22, 13 July 2021

• Wormhole (redirect from Spacetime shortcut)
    past for any possible trajectory of a free-falling particle (following a geodesic in the spacetime). In order to satisfy this requirement, it turns out
    54 KB (6,675 words) - 23:16, 16 July 2021

Cat :)

Reactions: IG2007
Jul 3, 2021
Visit site
I am sorry to say that I do understand the above quoted comment. I do not know what you mean that time began......how can time begin when its always been there , conscious of it or not. Are you saying that time did not exist before it was observed ? Infinity indicates that there was no start to time, it has been there forever, so how could there be a start....? Please explain in basic terms for me to get my head round it.
Kind regards
A non scientist

My quote Stellarwest
Time is an abstraction of the space time continuum related to light and gravity within our dimension. A void contains information therefore infinity exists and I see this place where we reside was founded from intelligent design. Infinity cannot be measured, therefore no timing for it exists yet within the confines of matter man attempts to maintain appointments & measurements to some degree of accuracy; moreover, time can only be understood to make sense within a domain where entropy is installed when intelligent life exists. One day man might measure the expansion rate of the universe by utilizing gravitational waves proving that time will lead to a cold death or collapse of the universe snuffing out life and time too, but not infinity. I believe time began when a consciousness in the universe was able to detect it.

Dear greenrivet ,

Obviously this went over your head and quite possibly many other people as-well & here I will try to explain the absolute abstraction of my idea. ;)

There are three highly illusive ideas transiting in my explanation so I will separate them for simplicity sake.

1) Infinity has no bounds, therefore no time constraint to measure it!

What is Infinity?
infinity.jpg

Infinity ...
... it's not big ...
... it's not huge ...
... it's not tremendously large ...
... it's not extremely humongously enormous ...
... it's ...

Endless!​

Infinity has no end
Infinity is the idea of something that has no end.

In our world we don't have anything like it. So we imagine traveling on and on, trying hard to get there, but that is not actually infinity.

So don't think like that (it just hurts your brain!). Just think "endless", or "boundless".

If there is no reason something should stop, then it is infinite.

Infinity does not grow
Infinity is not "getting larger", it is already fully formed.

Sometimes people (including me) say it "goes on and on" which sounds like it is growing somehow. But infinity does not do anything, it just is.

Infinity is not a real number

Infinity is not a real number, it is an idea. An idea of something without an end.

Infinity cannot be measured.

Even these faraway galaxies can't compete with infinity.

Infinity is Simple
Yes! It is actually simpler than things which do have an end. Because when something has an end, we have to define where that end is.

2) Time we measure from light which is an aspect of e = mc2 and the energy contained in our universe is finite which is theorized via entropy to collapse into absolute disorder of Absolute zero, technically known as zero kelvins, equals −273.15 degrees , where the universe decays and dies.
15.jpg

The 'heat-death' of the universe is when the universe has reached a state of maximum entropy. This happens when all available energy (such as from a hot source) has moved to places of less energy (such as a colder source). ... Eventually, the universe will be too cold to support any life, it will end in a whimper.
https://www.physlink.com/education/...y, the universe will be,will end in a whimper.

To summarize this discussion, we stress that many different mechanisms for baryon number violation and proton decay can be realized within modern theories of particle physics.
Proton decay length of time
2002718273chemistry-atom-proton-electron-animation-17.gif

about 1 billion years

But given that the number of protons we have in us at any given time, that means just 1 in 30 quadrillion protons decays each second. Just from examining our own bodies, this translates into a minimum lifetime for the proton of about 1 billion years.

3) I believe time began when a consciousness in the universe was able to detect it!

saw0618Inno06_d.png

This part of the quote is where most people get lost in my understanding of humans comprehension of time tied to our consciousness. When intelligent life was not present to detect light and the seeable universe of 13.77 billions years time, it was out of our bounds of perception and I cannot speculate on the boundary within infinity which comprises the universe where life was prior to its existence and the relationship to time for maybe the dimension was different and I don't know. Without a consciousness of the time domain to measure it, it goes to show the awareness or perception of its measurement can be deduced to unknowable.

the awareness or perception of something by a person.
plural noun: consciousnesses
Dictionary

To conclude:

I believe time began when a consciousness in the universe was able to detect it.

Jul 27, 2021
Visit site
I am sorry to say that I do understand the above quoted comment. I do not know what you mean that time began......how can time begin when its always been there , conscious of it or not. Are you saying that time did not exist before it was observed ? Infinity indicates that there was no start to time, it has been there forever, so how could there be a start....? Please explain in basic terms for me to get my head round it.
Kind regards
A non scientist
The Big Bang is currently accepted explanation of the system (the observed Universe) starting point with the observed data of the Universe consistency and light travel.
It fits to the observations that scientists have now. It proves existing theories, calculations and
predictions.

Time-Space is observation within our knowledge, experiments and predictions. Existing theories cannot prove it's start and end points. It is just there.
This drives exploration of physical laws.

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
"
The Big Bang is currently accepted explanation of the system (the observed Universe) starting point with the observed data of the Universe consistency and light travel.
It fits to the observations that scientists have now. It proves existing theories, calculations and
predictions."

Except for the part very close to "t = 0" where division by zero in inadmissible.

Cat :)

Latest posts