Images of Mars

Page 26 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spacehappy

<font color="yellow">rlb2-You must be using the same program I am because your one filter images are very similar t to mine.<font color="white"><br /><br />I use photoshop. I just did it the same way you explained several images back and it turned out as you said it would. I still cant get the RGB raw images right.<br /><br /><font color="yellow"> rlb2-I also noticed you use the same format as I do for identifying your images<font color="white"><br /><br />I identified my images that way because I cant store more than 32 letters when I process the image with photoshop. I used the same numbers as you did. <br /></font></font></font></font>

R

rlb2

I started out processing just one filtered image at a time. I kind of evolved into what I am doing now. <br />I also explained how I process the three RGB filtered images back before that in this post. <br /><br />If that doesn't help you then maybe Swampcat can help, he does a great job in processing the <br />raw images. <br /><br />Here is a false color image of Endurance, followed by the fully processed image and some closer looks.<br /><br />1P152951169EFFL5M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

This is what it looks like as I refine the image.<br /><br />1P152951169EFFL5M1.3 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

Here is a closeup.<br /><br />1P152951169EFFL5M1.7 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

1P152951459EFFL5M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

2P152373066EFFL5M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

2P152472795EFFL5M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

2P152560765EFFL4M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

2P152561255EFFL5M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

2P152561255EFFL5M1.5 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

2P152728387EFFL7M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

2P152728483EFFL2M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

2P152728483EFFL2M1.5 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

2P152728559EFFL2M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

2P152728559EFFL2M1.5 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

2P152728697EFFL2M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

S

spacehappy

How do you go from the false color images (1P152951169EFFL5M1) to the finished images? Everytime I process the RGB filters I get a false color image. <br />

R

rlb2

This is something I posted before on here that may help.<br /><br /><font color="orange">I use Adobe Photoshop CS to produce the images I posted here. I try to adjust the images to Earth <br />lighting in most my images, there is a lot of controversy on what true color is. I can even take a <br />L2, L4, L6 filter image and refine it to get a close approximation to the actual by comparing <br />what the rover looked like on Earth and what it should look like on Mars similar to Earths if part <br />of it is in the image. I later use that technique to do the same filters without the rover in the image. <br />I get close to what the rover image would look like almost every time without a reference <br />point - rover in the image. Keep in mind that Mars gets much less solar radiation than Earth does. <br /><br />I do a lot more stuff to it, like I will darken the filtered image and add contrast most of the time <br />before I try to adjust the Hue and saturation point, some people call this cheating but you <br />have to adjust the brightness of the image first most of the time because the filters are at there <br />maximum for each RGB setting. If you don’t then you get the dull looking image that JPL produces. <br />By darkening and adding contrast it brings out more of the shadows on Mars and sharpens the <br />image more. It also helps define the edges. I need to do this in different ways depending on the <br />filters used and the brightness of the image. Sometimes you have to brighten the image before <br />you add contrast because of the time of day the image is taken at. <br /><br />For comparison L4 filter is more like the color orange then the green filter normally use L5 filter. <br />In most cases if you calibrate your RGB colors to there’s you will get a different color every time <br />you add the three filters together. There is an issue with the brightness of the image etc, etc, <br />etc. according to JPL the filtered images were taken to get the most scientific information o</font> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

2x look at a peice of the above image.<br /><br />1P153040468EFFL2M1.5 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

2P152373670EFFL4M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

For those inquiring minds who would like to see the above image up close and personal, the <br />images below are 8 to 10 times larger. I sharpened it more before I processed it. I was able to<br /> increase the size of this image without creating too many artifacts.<br /><br />2P152373670EFFL4M1.3 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

2P152373670EFFL4M1.5 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

2P152373670EFFL4M1.7 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

I meant to post this image above, for what ever reason it didn't take. It is the image I where I extracted <br />the top three images from. I enlarged this image before enlarging the above images from it.<br /><br />2P152373670EFFL4M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

Some more Oppy 2 filter images, RG, I enhanced.<br /><br />1P153040621EFFL6.5M1.5<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts