Images of Mars

Page 25 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rlb2

1P152861555EFFR1M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

1N152866931EFFR0M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

1N152866894EFR0M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

1N152781934EFFR0M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

S

silylene old

1N152781934EFFR0M1<br /><br />So the origins of the streaks down the cliff face do look like they may have originated from dried up seeps. I speculated we may see this, back before we ever got to Endurance on this cliff face (before the forum wipe)....since there is a "trench" or "wadi" on the other side of the crater wall ay this location.<br /><br />I can't wait till Opportunity gets closer. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature" align="center"><em><font color="#0000ff">- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -</font></em> </div><div class="Discussion_UserSignature" align="center"><font color="#0000ff"><em>I really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function.</em></font> </div> </div>

R

rlb2

<font color="orange">So the origins of the streaks down the cliff face do look like they may have originated from <br />dried up seeps.<font color="white"><br /><br />I agree from what we have seen so far. Another idea someone mentioned before was that the<br /> streaks may have been made by a retracting glacier. The way it looks here the soil looks kind <br />of moist in spots, check out these rover tracks. It looks like Oppy got stuck in the mud. <br /><br />Can’t wait for them to start releasing the three RGB filtered images it takes to get a better <br />visual inspection of the area around Oppy.<br /><br />1 filtered colored image<br /><br />10-SS-03-Holes-med.7<br /></font></font> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

The top part of that raw image above, about 2 x size.<br /><br />10-SS-03-Holes-med.5 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

S

spacehappy

Here is a look at the microworld. <br /><br />Some of these images size I increased by 4 times what the original JPL raw image was.<br /><br />2M150518296EFF2M1

S

Swampcat

Post deleted by swampcat <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="3" color="#ff9900"><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong><em>------------------------------------------------------------------- </em></strong></font></p><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong><em>"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. Unsuccessful rebellions, indeed, generally establish the encroachments on the rights of the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions as not to discourage them too much. It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government."</em></strong></font></p><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong>Thomas Jefferson</strong></font></p></font> </div>

S

Swampcat

A few recent images from Spirit.<br /><br />#1: <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="3" color="#ff9900"><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong><em>------------------------------------------------------------------- </em></strong></font></p><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong><em>"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. Unsuccessful rebellions, indeed, generally establish the encroachments on the rights of the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions as not to discourage them too much. It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government."</em></strong></font></p><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong>Thomas Jefferson</strong></font></p></font> </div>

S

Swampcat

#2: <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="3" color="#ff9900"><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong><em>------------------------------------------------------------------- </em></strong></font></p><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong><em>"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. Unsuccessful rebellions, indeed, generally establish the encroachments on the rights of the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions as not to discourage them too much. It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government."</em></strong></font></p><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong>Thomas Jefferson</strong></font></p></font> </div>

S

Swampcat

#3: <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="3" color="#ff9900"><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong><em>------------------------------------------------------------------- </em></strong></font></p><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong><em>"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. Unsuccessful rebellions, indeed, generally establish the encroachments on the rights of the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions as not to discourage them too much. It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government."</em></strong></font></p><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong>Thomas Jefferson</strong></font></p></font> </div>

R

ratliff

That look like what might happen when water evaporates from geologic strata after travelling along an impermeable layer. As the chemically laden water evaporates it leaves its load of precipitates. Here in Texas many folks call the calcium carbonate version of it caliche deposits and it can take a <br />variety of shapes due to capillary action.

R

rlb2

Good work. I forgot all about the microscopic imager. You must be using the same program <br />I am because your one filter images are very similar t to mine. <br /><br />Its good to know that I am not the only one doing it this way. There is a wide range of ways<br /> to render these images. <br /><br />I also noticed you use the same format as I do for identifying your images, its a lot easier <br />to retrieve them later on that way isn't it, when the color image is next to the original raw image. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

Does it look something like this? I used 3 filtered images from these newly released raw images.<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

Here it is up close.<br /><br />1P152951044EFFL5M1.7 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts