Is it possible to see 33 satellites in a row in the course of 15 min?

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.

MDD

Jun 30, 2023
Visit site
I live in Airdrie Alberta Canada and I was walking my dogs in the field outside of our complex (6:30am mountain time) when I noticed multiple satellites in a row moving west to east. They came into view over head just slightly to the west and stayed visible as far east as I could see. There was a total of 33 from the time I first noticed them till they stopped appearing. Is it possible that these were just Satellites as the most I have ever seen in the past has been 3 and they were all going in different orbits (directions)
I know this is an old thread, but I saw early this morning 46 satellites in a row, while observing the sky through my binoculars. I've never seen anything like it before.

There were 7 or 8 at first. I was shocked, wondering what I was seeing. Then another group right after, and so on, until I counted 46. The last one was brighter, which I am assuming means it was larger? It was not in the exact line as the others, but a parallel line not far removed. It was also faster as it overtook the last one of the others.

Mar 8, 2024
Visit site
15 satellites, 20 seconds apart, moved directly over Las Vegas at 4:30 this morning from the southwest to the northeast. These were satellites for sure. I've been out here in the morning in my hot tub for 20 years. I've never seen anything like that. I was curious enough to search online and this is the only place I found people discussing the weird sighting

Apr 2, 2020
Visit site
We know anything is possible nowadays & good prevails, just imagine we can travel from planet to planet & from galaxy to galaxy by just using computers, the more is satellite to satellite! <3 :) * (Y)

There have been a number of Starlink launches where many satellites are orbited in one launch. You are probably seeing them for some period of time after launch. They will look just that, a bunch of ducks in a row. Eventually, the orbits will disburse.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts