Is SPACE all there is?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sunday_scour

Is space all there is? Is there some physical realm beyond what we know about? Maybe a there is a cyclical nature to scale (i.e. What happens on the smallest scale affects the universe in the largest [most general] possible way; and what happens happens on the largest scale is detectable by the smallest measurements)? If space is it, then it took ~14 billion years (units equilalent to the current ammount of time it takes our earth to return to the same spot relative to the our sun) for the universe to become finite; 4 billion from life existing to detecting it's ultimate limitations (the space it has to work with) and a few million for humans to measure it (depending on how you define "human" and how accurate a measurement you accept). <br /><br />So is there more? Is it all an illusion? Have we really really seen the edge of existence?<br /><br />Please post comments, thoughts and ideas to BOTH this message board and my email:<br />sunday_scour@yahoo.com<br /><br />My Head Hurts Now......<br />Jonathan W. Edwards

S

sunday_scour

Maybe we could find a way to transfer ourselves to a different multiverse such that we would no longer BE in the currently observable one and therefore observe a different, previously UnObservable universe. I would think, however, that in order not to violate the "Unobservability Laws" the trip would have to be one way. Plus, it would be less expensive than round trip x-> and a great crime deterrent! no more revolving door prisons. We'd just have to be sure of guilt or else it'd be the ultimate "Ooops......". <br /><br />But seriously, I think there are plenty more WAYS (opposed to PLACES...) to observe that we haven't figured out yet, such that while what we percieve as the "limit" is still the limit, but not all there is.<br /><br />Sound reasonable or inanely philosphical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts