Why the need to prove a cosmological constant?

Aug 7, 2023
Visit site
Although I am not a formally studied or trained student of these fields, I have spent my life thinking about my life, the universe, and our place within it. I happened to watching a video of Einstein's Biggest Blunders and it revived in me the confusion surrounding cosmological constants and the need to prove it. I've always posed the question to myself and others..."How is it possible to have a stable universe when it is constantly changing and reinventing itself. Life is just a segment of it and even it is constantly evolving and producing variations of itself (sometimes dramatic) which makes it impossible to think that the universe can be explained away as being constant. Change in the inherent component of the universe and that extends from the smallest of systems to the largest.

I just felt I needed to throw this out there and see if there are others that concur with this position. Thank you for reading this. All responses are welcome.

Aug 7, 2023
Visit site
I believe it was Heraclitus who said “The only constant is constant change.” The other quote I like, but don't know the source, is "Constant change is here to stay."

Latest posts