Is the moon real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pyoko

lol There are more buzz words in the first paragraph that you can poke a stick at. Nazis, the&nbsp;Holocaust, astronomy and the Moon, conspiracy. Some people enjoy writing such dribble for fun. Unfortunately, it's probably more fun to write than to read. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p> </p><p><span style="color:#ff9900" class="Apple-style-span">-pyoko</span> <span style="color:#333333" class="Apple-style-span">the</span> <span style="color:#339966" class="Apple-style-span">duck </span></p><p><span style="color:#339966" class="Apple-style-span"><span style="color:#808080;font-style:italic" class="Apple-style-span">It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.</span></span></p> </div>

Q

qso1

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>This is suppoed to be a serious webpage http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm Some parts are hysterical&nbsp;timedisplacement <br /> Posted by timedisplacement</DIV></p><p>Hysterical crap and nonsense. But people will buy into it and the next step for whoevers putting this out is to sell it.</p><p>I always maintain an open mind about these things and subject it to what I call a proof scale. This ones pretty easy just based on the paragraph I posted below: </p><p><font color="#008000"><strong>"You can see it. </strong>But think about it &ndash; without the help of so-called "experts", how do you really know what you&rsquo;re looking at? It could be a hologram, projected from various government installations throughout the world. It could be a large, crudely painted balloon, held in place by helium and propelled by tiny sails and rudders (which is why it moves across the sky so slowly). Or, most likely, it could have been different things at different times and different places, depending on the technology available to the conspirators and the culture and beliefs of the population being deceived.</font></p><p>The above explanation is definitely for those who are ready, willing, and able to believe any conspiracy that comes along (Obviously not you). A hologram projection would require seemless transition as the moon moves below the horizon and becomes visible at different parts of the world.</p><p>A large crudely painted balloon, gotta love this one. The moon would be at widely different viewing positions from city to city if this were true. Or the earths atmosphere would have to go high enough for the moon to be distant enough to be seen at the same position from widely separated locations.</p><p>And what about the available technology? Yeh, the moon...visible since at least ancient Greecian astronomers first noticed it...yeh, they had holographic technology...right.</p><p>But best of all...<font color="#008000">"Or, most likely, it could have been different things at different times and different places, depending on the technology available to the conspirators and the culture and beliefs of the population being deceived."</font> This isn't even a good logical explanation of anything more than a vague opinion. What technology was available to the 14th century conspirators?</p><p>But sadly enough, this guy will make money off the easily bilked.</p><p><font color="#008000">One can easily trace the history of this deception through the Templars, the Rosicrucians, the Illuminati and the Masons, </font></p><p>Almost forgot...what would a good conspiracy...or in this case, a bad conspiracy theory be without the usual suspects...Masons, Illuminati etc.&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

Q

qso1

<p><font color="#008000">"Considering the poor quality of the pictures and films that the public was allowed to see of these events, how do we really know that they were pictures and films <em>of</em> the moon, taken <em>on</em> the moon? They might very well have been filmed in a Hollywood studio (everyone knows that Hollywood is the mouthpiece of the controlled government). All of these spectacles were orchestrated by an organization called NASA,the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. A more criminal outfit has not been seen since the disbanding of the KGB."</font></p><p>Poor quality pics? Obviously this guy thinks the public is stupid enough to think the only pics of the lunar landings are the Apollo 11 initial mission pics transmitted from the moon. Never mind thousands of high quality published images in magazines like "Life" Or even the excellent high quality transmissions from the moon that I saw myself on missions like Apollo 15. If anyone is a criminal here, this guys headed for that title, especially once he begins the process of defrauding those idiotic enough to buy this stuff.</p><p><font color="#008000">"It is well known that massive spending on the space program was one of the major factors behind the fall of the Iron Curtain."</font> </p><p>Above is another one where he may as well be thinking...my stupid moronic audience wont know the difference. They are too stupid to realize the Apollo missions were over long before the collapse of communism in the Soviet era Russia...oh, and did I mention the Russians actually admitted to participating in the moon race shortly before the fall of the wall?</p><p><font color="#008000">"There is no mention of the moon in the English language prior to the year 1066. This is a proven fact, so rarely spoken of in these controlled academic institutions. Nonetheless, Lunarists have been known to refer to alleged mentions of the moon in literature as proof that its existence could not have been fabricated." </font></p><p>Of course, I should have known LOL. This huge conspiracy coordinated over centuries across the world...ooops, we forgot to mention the moon prior to 1066 in our controlled documents. Frankly, I don't believe this claim anyway in part because of the disclaimer...no mention of the moon in the english language...so is it mentioned in other languages? Would have to be since both Egyptian and Greek astronomers recognized the moon long before 1066!&nbsp;</p><p><font color="#008000">"However, it is clear in the passage that Juliet is referring to the moon as a questionable, ephemeral thing. Surely, if she thought the existence of this object to be a certainty, she wouldn&rsquo;t consider an oath sworn against it to be unreliable. </font></p><p><font color="#008000">Or, examine the following passage in Othello: </font></p> <blockquote><font color="#008000">It is the very error of the moon; <br />She comes more nearer earth than she was wont, <br />And makes men mad... </font><font size="-1" color="#008000">[Othello to Emilia, Act V, Scene 2]"</font></blockquote><blockquote>&nbsp;This may come as a shock but...Juliet is a fictional character whos lines were penned by an Author. Maybe that author thought the moon faked who knows. But I think...and I could be wrong here...that the intent of the line has nothing...absolutely nothing to do with whether the moon exists or not. More likely this is mentioned so the guy spouting this stuff can sound credible...and hes doing a poor job of that!&nbsp;</blockquote><blockquote><br /></blockquote> <p><font color="#008000">&nbsp;</font></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

Q

qso1

<p>Oh what the heck, I'm on a roll LOL. This rant is directed at the website and its host.</p><p><font color="#008000">"Academics are currently debating whether this Shakespeare even existed, and many postulate that the works usually attributed to him were, in fact, written by someone else. His presumed existence could very well be a fabrication of the Lunar conspiracy."</font></p><p>Yeh, you would need to mention Shakespeare as the Author rather than just mention whoever else would have done this...yeh, makes sense ha ha ha. Gimme a break!</p><p><font color="#008000"> Even assuming that he <em>did</em> exist, and <em>did</em> write these lines, it is not clear at all that he is referring specifically to a celestial body 2160 miles in diameter, 240,000 miles away from the earth.</font></p><p>Right, right...he may well have been talking about the three or four other real moons in the sky. Then he goes on to reference another work of fiction, a fairy tale at that. The old Jack n Jill story. A story most likely fictional right down to the story itself. A story written for kids.</p><p><font color="#008000">In absence of any clear mention of the moon in the history of the world, it is safe to conclude that its alleged existence is nothing more than a propaganda fraud.&nbsp; I am, however, open-minded, and willing to consider evidence that I may have missed.&nbsp; If you know of a genuine mention of the moon, please forward it to me at</font> madrev@reptiles.org.&nbsp; <font color="#008000">But it must meet the following conditions:</font> </p><ol><li><font color="#008000"> if the document requires translation, I must be shown clear evidence that the translator was not under any sort of institutional pressure.</font></li><li><font color="#008000"> it must be clear that the document is referring specifically to a 74,000,000,000,000,000,000 ton object 2160 miles in</font></li><li><font color="#008000"> the document must be original, as it should be clear from the above that Lunarists have engaged to so much forgery and misrepresentation up until now I have every reason not to trust the authenticity of facsimiles.</font></li><li><font color="#008000"> diameter that orbits the earth at an average distance of 240,000 miles.&nbsp; I will not accept a reference to a word in a language I cannot understand, with a commentary along-side that goes, "See!&nbsp; It's the Moon, stupid!"</font></li></ol><p><font color="#008000">&nbsp;</font></p><p>The conditions above, sure he'll accept someone elses view based on these conditions. He's already ear deep in his own conspiracy idea (Assuming this is his idea). He's not going to accept any evidence as long as he's spewing this lunar hologram crap.</p><p><font color="#008000">"Need you even ask? The oldest motive in the world. Since the end of World War II, how many billions of dollars have been poured into fraudulent so-called "space exploration". And how much of that funding was justified to a gullible public by the false excitement and later euphoria generated by establishment propagandists over the fake "moon landing"? And, as we now know that these "moon landings" were staged in a studio &ndash; using cheap sets and shoddy camera equipment no less &ndash; just where have these billions gone over the years?</font></p><p>Finally, something that resembles a point to this crap and nonsense. Obviously he has no clue as to how much money is spent on spaceflight and human spaceflight. If he actually had a clue, he'd know that NASA got 2-4% GDP from the early 1960s to the early 1970s and has since been slashed to from 1%.6% GDP. Of course, hes playing on the idea stats are not to be believed so lets try common sense.</p><p>For his theory to be plausible...these conspirators from the year 1066 or whenever...would have to know that one day, there will be NASA, and we must help them bilk the American public. After all, why would we only start spending these billions after WWII?</p><p><font color="#008000">"Throughout history, hundreds of absurd fables have been circulated regarding the moon. Most of these have since been discarded. For example, people used to speak about there being "a man in the moon", or about moon being made out of cheese (as recently as last year, I saw an animated film that was still promoting this latter absurdity)." </font></p><p>Can't understand why these fables were discarded? Maybe its because they are fables and people who spoke of them wern't speaking seriously to begin with...nah, too simple and logical an explanation.</p><p><font color="#008000">"No one speaks anymore of Richard A. Locke, a newspaper reporter who wrote a fantastic but wholly fabricated account of discoveries on the moon falsely attributed to the English astronomer Sir John Herschel. Locke reported that Herschel, using a telescope 24 feet in diameter (!), saw fabulous bat-like creatures, living in elaborate cities on the lunar surface. No less a newspaper than the New York Sun printed these reports on its front page as its most important news story! The whole moon hoax is based on such fanciful tales. That&rsquo;s why I doubt most of it."</font></p><p>I knew there must be some logic in this stuff somewhere, right? And here it is, base the whole concept the moon does not exist on fallacies and fairy tales of centuries past. Nobody speaks of Lowells martians either, so is mars a hoax? Whattam I saying...of course it is!</p><p><font color="#008000">"Another impossibility that has always been an embarrassment to the scientific establishment is the obvious fact that an object as heavy as the moon, caught in the earth&rsquo;s gravity, would inevitably come crashing down upon us at immense speeds. Responses to this argument from the Lunarists have always been weak, and always couched in that scientific newspeak designed to confuse the sincere questioner without actually saying anything."</font></p><p>Now comes the sadly pathetic attempts at using science against itself. From what I can recall, the moon is gradually moving away from earth becasue IT IS so far away! If it were much closer, it would eventually crash into the earth or be broken apart by the forces described in the Roche limit theory. Oh wait, I know...you don't want these little things to be mentioned because your promoting a conspiracy...silly me.</p><p>Scientists might one day find there may have been some error in our understanding of how gravitational forces interact between large bodies...but because we don't fully understand them now does not mean the moon is a hologram.</p><p><font color="#008000">"However, even the most fanatical Lunarists no longer cling to the absurd notion that objects in the solar system travel in concentric circles."</font></p><p>And how long ago has it been since this idea was discared? Did you say centuries, well why not? Most people who subscribed to the idea of orbits being concentric circles died centuries ago...oh there I go again, getting in the way of a bad conspiracy. I'd never credit this crap with being a good conspiracy. Nine year olds could come up with way better crap than this.</p><p><font color="#008000">"The authorities expect us to believe a story that is prima facie absurd, and has been proven absurd by simple mathematical calculations. Yet they do not give us a single piece of reliable forensic evidence, nor an argument put forward by any expert free from institutional pressure."</font></p><p>Sure couldn't be you and this silly nonsense promoting this to eventually make a buck, or even just so you can be part of the "Conspiracies is cool" crowd. It is you who expect gullible people to believe this stuff. It is you who expect us to believe the moon is a hologram. It is you who expect us to believe no single peice of evidence is put out by the scientific community.</p><p><font color="#008000">"A cash reward of <strong><font size="+2">$100,000</font></strong> has been offered to anyone who can send us, by e-mail, conclusive physical evidence of the existence of the moon. This reward remains unclaimed."</font></p><p>Yeh sure. It remains unclaimed (Assuming it even exists) because your not going to give out money that violates your pet belief.</p><p><font color="#008000">"Can you prove that the moon exists? Write to us at:"</font></p><p>If you really believe this, I'm not going to try to prove it. If you really believe the public at large is stupid enough to believe it, sadly your probably right and congratulations, you might just become a millionaire on selling such idiocy. Oh yeh, the photo evidence page...what a joke!</p><p>This guy makes Richard Hoaglands Hoagwash seem downright credible! Ew boy, I didnt just say that did I...gettin late, reality check needed LOL.&nbsp;</p><p>Well, in all fairness this guy did speak one line of truth:</p><p>He is a mad revisionist.</p><p>And truth be known, may even be doing this just to have fun. Knowing he'll get more public attention in one minute than credible scientists can in a lifetime.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

D

DrRocket

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>...."A cash reward of $100,000 has been offered to anyone who can send us, by e-mail, conclusive physical evidence of the existence of the moon. This reward remains unclaimed...Posted by qso1</DIV></p><p>Then I guess I couldn't expect a hundred grand for two pictures ofa beach, one at high tide and one at low tide. Oh, well, back to the stock market.<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

D

drwayne

<p>Thank god for comic relief</p><p>This can be a lot of fun by the way.&nbsp; Get a few friends together, a few beers, and one person starts it, and before you know it, you've disproven the "existence" of Jane Fonda.</p><p>;)</p><p>Wayne</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>"1) Give no quarter; 2) Take no prisoners; 3) Sink everything."  Admiral Jackie Fisher</p> </div>

D

DrRocket

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Thank god for comic reliefThis can be a lot of fun by the way.&nbsp; Get a few friends together, a few beers, and one person starts it, and before you know it, you've disproven the "existence" of Jane Fonda.;)Wayne <br />Posted by drwayne</DIV></p><p>&nbsp;Barbarella ?</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

D

drwayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>&nbsp;Barbarella ? <br />Posted by DrRocket</DIV></p><p>Nope, we were duped.&nbsp; That was really Jane Wyman in makeup.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ;)</p><p>Wayne<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>"1) Give no quarter; 2) Take no prisoners; 3) Sink everything."  Admiral Jackie Fisher</p> </div>

C

CalliArcale

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>"However, it is clear in the passage that Juliet is referring to the moon as a questionable, ephemeral thing. Surely, if she thought the existence of this object to be a certainty, she wouldn&rsquo;t consider an oath sworn against it to be unreliable. Or, examine the following passage in Othello: It is the very error of the moon; She comes more nearer earth than she was wont, And makes men mad... [Othello to Emilia, Act V, Scene 2]"&nbsp;This may come as a shock but...Juliet is a fictional character whos lines were penned by an Author. Maybe that author thought the moon faked who knows. But I think...and I could be wrong here...that the intent of the line has nothing...absolutely nothing to do with whether the moon exists or not. More likely this is mentioned so the guy spouting this stuff can sound credible...and hes doing a poor job of that!&nbsp; &nbsp; <br /> Posted by qso1</DIV><br /></p><p>As an English major, I'd like to speak to the Shakespeare.&nbsp; ;-)&nbsp; The "inconstant moon" is a popular motif.&nbsp; Swearing to the moon would be considered foolish because the moon is indeed an ephemeral thing -- at least, from the perspective of Renaissance poetry.&nbsp; They knew it endured from phase to phase, but it is a compelling visual image -- the light growing across the Moon as it waxes, then fading as it wanes.&nbsp; The Moon also has a tendency to wander pretty far away from the ecliptic, unlike the more cooperative wanderers such as the Sun and planets.&nbsp; Something which fluctuates so dramatically (albeit regularly and predictabley) and which wanders so far across the sky would seem like a very foolish basis for a serious oath.&nbsp; At least, if one is being playfully poetic, as Shakespeare is in this particular passage.&nbsp; ;-) </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#666699"><em>"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly . . . timey wimey . . . stuff."</em>  -- The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

J

jasonpply

<p>what is that jibberish? come look through the lens of my telescope to see how fake tha beautiful orbiting body is. then i want my 100,000. how big would a balloon have to be to be seen all over the world. the moon was never mentioned in english language prior to 1066. ever hear of the dark ages? what kind of moron would come up with this crap? i suppose when i loo out at the other planets a see the moons orbiting them the cia and other goverment agencies flew those massive ballons to those places cause they dont exsist either. gimme a break. man if i had a dollar for every person that said the moon is a fake i'd have a dollar. whoever wrote that go find something else to falseify&nbsp; that would be more beliveable. like the stars in the sky being set lights from hollywood or ww2 never actually happening.</p>

M

Mee_n_Mac

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>what is that jibberish? come look through the lens of my telescope to see how fake tha beautiful orbiting body is. then i want my 100,000. how big would a balloon have to be to be seen all over the world. the moon was never mentioned in english language prior to 1066. ever hear of the dark ages? what kind of moron would come up with this crap? i suppose when i loo out at the other planets a see the moons orbiting them the cia and other goverment agencies flew those massive ballons to those places cause they dont exsist either. gimme a break. man if i had a dollar for every person that said the moon is a fake i'd have a dollar. whoever wrote that go find something else to falseify&nbsp; that would be more beliveable. like the stars in the sky being set lights from hollywood or ww2 never actually happening. <br />Posted by <strong>jasonpply</strong></DIV><br /><br />While I'm not 100% sure, I'm 99.44% sure the site isn't intended to be taken seriously.&nbsp; Like the Flat Earth Society it's intended as a joke, perhaps a satire on those people who do believe in such things.&nbsp; Please read the dislaimer at the bottom of the page and note the location of the author&nbsp;....</p><p><strong><em><font size="2">DISCLAIMER: All editorial content on this website is strictly not the writer&rsquo;s/author&rsquo;s opinion. <font color="#cc0000">THE MAD REVISIONIST</font>, located on the moon, is owned and operated by accident. The content of this page is the copyrighted property of <font color="#cc0000">THE MAD REVISIONIST</font>. Any illegal copying or circulating of this page, in whole or in part, without the expressed permission of <font color="#cc0000">THE MAD REVISIONIST</font> will be taken as a compliment.&nbsp; And no, we're not really offering $100,000.&nbsp; What are you, crazy?</font></em></strong></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>-----------------------------------------------------</p><p><font color="#ff0000">Ask not what your Forum Software can do do on you,</font></p><p><font color="#ff0000">Ask it to, please for the love of all that's Holy, <strong>STOP</strong> !</font></p> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>what is that jibberish? come look through the lens of my telescope to see how fake tha beautiful orbiting body is. then i want my 100,000. how big would a balloon have to be to be seen all over the world. the moon was never mentioned in english language prior to 1066. ever hear of the dark ages? what kind of moron would come up with this crap? i suppose when i loo out at the other planets a see the moons orbiting them the cia and other goverment agencies flew those massive ballons to those places cause they dont exsist either. gimme a break. man if i had a dollar for every person that said the moon is a fake i'd have a dollar. whoever wrote that go find something else to falseify&nbsp; that would be more beliveable. like the stars in the sky being set lights from hollywood or ww2 never actually happening. <br />Posted by jasonpply</DIV></p><p>If for some reason you are serious, this thread should be closed, and a new one opened in Ph...errr The Unexplained.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>If you are not serious, you should be banned as a troll.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Q

qso1

<p><font color="#800080">While I'm not 100% sure, I'm 99.44% sure the site isn't intended to be taken seriously.&nbsp; Like the Flat Earth Society it's intended as a joke, perhaps a satire on those people who do believe in such things.&nbsp; Please read the dislaimer at the bottom of the page and note the location of the author&nbsp;....DISCLAIMER: All editorial content on this website is strictly not the writer&rsquo;s/author&rsquo;s opinion. THE MAD REVISIONIST, located on the moon, is owned and operated by accident. The content of this page is the copyrighted property of THE MAD REVISIONIST. Any illegal copying or circulating of this page, in whole or in part, without the expressed permission of THE MAD REVISIONIST will be taken as a compliment.&nbsp; And no, we're not really offering $100,000.&nbsp; What are you, crazy? Posted by mee_n_mac</font></p><p>I replied the way I did because some people will believe this crap anyway and won't see that maybe it was a joke. I myself never got to the disclaimer page...but if you look at the last few comments I made previous post, <em>And truth be known, may even be doing this just to have fun. Knowing he'll get more public attention in one minute than credible scientists can in a lifetime.</em> I alluded to the possibility this was some kind of joke.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

B

baulten

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>While I'm not 100% sure, I'm 99.44% sure the site isn't intended to be taken seriously.&nbsp; Like the Flat Earth Society it's intended as a joke, perhaps a satire on those people who do believe in such things.&nbsp; Please read the dislaimer at the bottom of the page and note the location of the author&nbsp;....DISCLAIMER: All editorial content on this website is strictly not the writer&rsquo;s/author&rsquo;s opinion. THE MAD REVISIONIST, located on the moon, is owned and operated by accident. The content of this page is the copyrighted property of THE MAD REVISIONIST. Any illegal copying or circulating of this page, in whole or in part, without the expressed permission of THE MAD REVISIONIST will be taken as a compliment.&nbsp; And no, we're not really offering $100,000.&nbsp; What are you, crazy? <br /> Posted by mee_n_mac</DIV></p><p>But there is a Flat Earth Society that is real...</p><p>http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/</p>

D

derekmcd

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>If for some reason you are serious, this thread should be closed, and a new one opened in Ph...errr The Unexplained.&nbsp;If you are not serious, you should be banned as a troll. <br /> Posted by MeteorWayne</DIV></p><p>I think he was chastizing the fake moon idea... just wasn't very clear about it.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div> </div><br /><div><span style="color:#0000ff" class="Apple-style-span">"If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing." - Homer Simpson</span></div> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts