leaving MPLM at ISS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

j05h

This has been discussed as a future add-on to ISS, but what would be the issues in leaving the Raphaello MPLM attached to station this flight? The station could surely use the space, and there are a couple of other MPLMs waiting on the ground. There is a chance this is the last Shuttle flight, why not make it an ad-hoc Assembly Flight?<br /><br />(i'm away next few days, please discuss if this is interesting and I'll reply on Sunday) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div align="center"><em>We need a first generation of pioneers.</em><br /></div> </div>

N

nacnud

The MPLM is made out of thinner material than standard US ISS modules. I don’t know who long it could be attached due to orbital debris concerns, but then they could always keep the door shut when they weren’t using it.

N

nacnud

Could the additional heater etc be added so the last few MPLM flighs leave them there.

T

Testing

Dave I like the way you think! A component of WPC-3 just rolled in the back door for new filters. Hang on Hubbel, we're a commin! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts