Lego SpaceX Falcon 9 Complete Set

May 4, 2021
Visit site
Hey all,

Not sure if its allowed here, let me know if not, or just delete it, I guess its a little different to what is usually posted here.

Me and my 4 and 5 year old boys share a love for Lego and space, we have taken a particular liking to watching all the SpaceX falcon 9 and Starship prototype launches, the launches are amazing, if you haven't watched the SN8-12 Starship test flights, I highly recommend you do. Being in Australia and waking the younglings up at 4-5am in the morning to watch the launches definitely has caused some interesting discussions with the wife......Anyway this love of Lego and space has naturally led to a lot of rocket building and a realisation that I would really love Lego to release a spaceX rocket build.

This led to me designing a Falcon 9 rocket and submitting it onto Lego Ideas for the chance of Lego potentially taking my design and turning it into the next Rocket Set. Which would be a dream come true really.

If you want to support and help this dream become a reality then please follow this link and hit support. It would take you 5mins and mean a lot to me.
<<Link removed by moderator>>

If not then that's ok, I am just as happy to discuss and show off my Lego creation with all of you and hear your thoughts and comments.

It definitely had a few challenges so was a fun design to do. the folding legs and fitting the minifigures into the Dragon Capsule was probably the most challenging.

Let me know what you think.
51157893509_5aa06d1cc5_o.jpg

51158214320_3389f22208_o.jpg

51158214430_0ca0e41de8_o.jpg

51157342923_ce21bc944a_o.jpg

51158214360_950bf784fc_o.png

Thank you

BRING ON THE SN15 LAUNCH already, Me and my boys cant wait any longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 15, 2021
Visit site
Hey all
Not sure if its allowed here, let me know if not, or just delete it, I guess its a little different to what is usually posted here.
Me and my 4 and 5 year old boys share a love for Lego and space, we have taken a particular liking to watching all the SpaceX falcon 9 and Starship prototype launches, the launches are amazing, if you haven't watched the SN8-12 Starship test flights, I highly recommend you do. Being in Australia and waking the younglings up at 4-5am in the morning to watch the launches definitely has caused some interesting discussions with the wife......Anyway this love of Lego and space has naturally led to a lot of rocket building and a realisation that I would really love Lego to release a spaceX rocket build.
This led to me designing a Falcon 9 rocket and submitting it onto Lego Ideas for the chance of Lego potentially taking my design and turning it into the next Rocket Set. Which would be a dream come true really.
If you want to support and help this dream become a reality then please follow this link and hit support. It would take you 5mins and mean a lot to me.
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/2a60e3c2-c86f-4154-8be3-6fb148943362
If not then that's ok, I am just as happy to discuss and show off my Lego creation with all of you and hear your thoughts and comments.
It definitely had a few challenges so was a fun design to do. the folding legs and fitting the minifigures into the Dragon Capsule was probably the most challenging.
Let me know what you think.
51157893509_5aa06d1cc5_o.jpg

51158214320_3389f22208_o.jpg

51158214430_0ca0e41de8_o.jpg

51157342923_ce21bc944a_o.jpg

51158214360_950bf784fc_o.png

Thank you
BRING ON THE SN15 LAUNCH already, Me and my boys cant wait any longer.
Is that a little Elon in the middle?

Apr 23, 2021
Visit site
Congratulations on using your Lego hobby to educate and promote space travel I always bought my kids space toys for Christmas, their birthdays or any occasion i could even though I probably played with them more than they did. You are also teaching your young ones patience, problem solving and engineering concepts by assembling these models with Legos.

May 4, 2021
Visit site
Thank you all for your responses so far, in 30 days, they will allow me to make an update to my design. I am now really tempted to have a joke pic of Elon riding the falcon Dr Strangelove style. I think that may get me some more supporters :)

Reactions: ThePatriotBeast
Nov 11, 2020
Visit site
It's great that you were able to introduce children to your Lego hobby, it's useful for at least a brief exploration of space travel. I still can’t get my children off the phone cause of my wall work and transfer them to space toys, although I am a big fan of space and Lego) Wonderful models, well done! Such models develop patience and the ability to solve problems with engineering concepts, it's great that children take part in this. How can I keep my kids interested...

Latest posts