Login Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yevaud

DH, Spaceadmin, was anything done, board software-wise, in the last 3-4 days?

The "you don't exist" login issue still haunts me, but the rate has increased suddenly - as has the number of times the board logs me out. Today (so far), I have had to login five times, and three of those, the message was, "We are sorry. This email and/or password combination does not exist."

Workaround: go through the above twice. The third attempt, you end up at the SDC main page - where you can select "Discussion Board," and find out that you are, in fact, logged-in.

D

doublehelix

yevaud":2fluklo4 said:
DH, Spaceadmin, was anything done, board software-wise, in the last 3-4 days?

Hi yevaud, I have forwarded your post to my neighboring developer and hopefully he'll have some insight into this. Sorry you're having to deal with this - I know it can be frustrating. I'll let you know anything I hear regarding this issue.

M

MeteorWayne

That's just standard login pattern from my view. About 1/3 of my login attempts tell me I don't exist. Rinse, repeat, wind up on the main SDC page after succesful login, then click on discussion board.

Also, Sundays seem to be the day when I get logged out numerous times, though it did not happen to me yesterday.

Y

yevaud

OK, that was weird. I thought I'd pass it along.

I connected to SDC - and I was logged out (as per usual). Rather than login, I departed to another site for a minute...when I returned, I was now logged in.

???

D

drwayne

File this under paranoid/ill informed delusions if you wish.

It almost looks like the "Forced logoffs that throw you to the main page" feature is aimed an insuring a
certain level of traffic for the SDC front page.

I admit it - most of the time I come directly to the Forums without visiting the front page, and I can
see where that would cause problems if statistics and ad income were driven by page hits there
and not here in the forum.

M

MeteorWayne

I have been logged out between 6 and 10 times today (despite checking the keep me logged in button). It has made it VERY difficult to perform my moderator duties. A number of mod posts and actions have vaporized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts