Make an easy $1000!

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wmdragon

or maybe not so easy: Prove the Earth revolves around the Sun in The Geocentrism Challenge <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#993366"><em>The only laws of matter are those which our minds must fabricate, and the only laws of mind are fabricated for it by matter.</em> <br /> --- James Clerk Maxwell</font></p> </div>

W

wmdragon

exactly. which is probably impossible; they want scientific proof while undermining the concept of scientific validity. at least that's what I got from browsing the contest's explanation. and of course it was no surprise the whole thing got tied up with evolution. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#993366"><em>The only laws of matter are those which our minds must fabricate, and the only laws of mind are fabricated for it by matter.</em> <br /> --- James Clerk Maxwell</font></p> </div>

V

vogon13

That Saturn booster stage that 'wandered' off and then returned would be a very sensitive demonstration of solar system dynamics.<br /><br />But I have my doubts they would be smart (for lack of a better term) enough to realize the significance of the event.<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

B

bonzelite

vog, please explain a bit more, the significance of the event.

P

pocket_rocket

I bet the only 'proof' they will except would be scripture.<br /><br />hmmm I bet Newtonian has something for them.

N

nova_explored

how strange. it doesn't even undermine the position of the church, except that the church is misreading the scriptures.<br /><br />i mean if someone is actually still back in the dark ages, well, its just a waste of everyone elses time. sad.<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

N

nova_explored

oh, and another thing. Being catholic myself, these debates from underground sources are so tiresome. So again we have to bring up the difference between red letter scripture and simply the writings of man. When will they get that?? <br /><br />no where in red letter does it talk about a geocentric universe. No where. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

V

votefornimitz

Well, the sun is has been definied as having mass, and therefore gravitational pull. Couple that with the inertia of Earth as per Newtons 1st law and boom, you've got an orbit.... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <span style="color:#993366">In the event of a full scale nuclear war or NEO impact event, there are two categories of underground shelters available to the public, distinguished by depth underground: bunkers and graves...</span> </div>

T

travisj

lol? Could their be an organisation with more stupidy? I know there is no real place here for hostile type posts but seriously people who refuse to accept logic and scientific fact should not be allowed on the interwebs.<br /><br />If they accepted fact that competition would have been opened for the ammount of time it took 1 person to send 1 email to their adress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts