Mars: Hale Crater civilization evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DonaldRP

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcR7VX-FwDY[/youtube]

Check out the picture for yourself! Just follow along to the video. For all of you who are going to say that the shapes are JPEG artifacts. There are multiple angles of the Hale Crater, and the shapes are in the same spots. Pretty cool! :)

Think what you want of it, I just thought it was sort of interesting. I'd like to read what other people think of it too.

P

PiotrSatan

It might have been aswell as image off-screen manipulating as graphic card problems. It sometimes happens that when you have graphic card which is old or smth, or broken or whatever, I am not that good with IT so I have no idea what can happen to a single component, BUT I can tell you that it is most likely due to his graphic card. I am not saying he is a lier, I am saying that the buildings would most likely have shadows, even tiniest, and ESA would be the one noticing it first before releasing pictures in the internet. I bet that someone actually noticed that, but it was disproven somehow. I mean, if it was all that easy, they would just send a robot which is already on mars there, DUH. In my opinion it's not really a fake, unless he did it on purpose to mislead us, but then again, I suspect it is far from being true. Any other opinions on it?

O

origin

11 minutes!!! - that is way to long for me. You tube videos should never exceed 2 minutes. ;)

M

Mee_n_Mac

I think this guy is channeling ks15 ... at 8:14 he finds a "face monument". As for buiildings and such, he's increased the contrast so much that small differences in the limited color pallette show up as rectangles. Note how his buildings cast no shadows.

D

DonaldRP

PiotrSatan":4bg60q1n said:
It might have been aswell as image off-screen manipulating as graphic card problems. It sometimes happens that when you have graphic card which is old or smth, or broken or whatever, I am not that good with IT so I have no idea what can happen to a single component, BUT I can tell you that it is most likely due to his graphic card. I am not saying he is a lier, I am saying that the buildings would most likely have shadows, even tiniest, and ESA would be the one noticing it first before releasing pictures in the internet. I bet that someone actually noticed that, but it was disproven somehow. I mean, if it was all that easy, they would just send a robot which is already on mars there, DUH. In my opinion it's not really a fake, unless he did it on purpose to mislead us, but then again, I suspect it is far from being true. Any other opinions on it?
You need to download the picture yourself, and look at it. Same for the rest of you.

M

Mee_n_Mac

DonaldRP":3eoaupkl said:
PiotrSatan":3eoaupkl said:
You need to download the picture yourself, and look at it. Same for the rest of you.

Well I can say it's no longer on page 21, do you have a direct link (URL) for it ? Also why did the "discoverer" use the JPEG and not the TIFF file ? Do his "buildings" appear when the TIFF file is used ?

N

nimbus

Doesn't look like there's a TIFF supplied.
Image ID SEMPMT0A90E
Description
This perspective view, taken by the High Resolution Stereo Camera (HRSC) on board ESA’s Mars Express spacecraft, shows Crater Hale on Mars.

The image is centred at latitude 36° South and longitude 324° East. The image was taken with a ground resolution of about 40 metres per pixel during Mars Express orbit 533 in June 2004.

It shows a closer view of Crater Hale, with its terraced walls (centre to right) and its central peak (foreground).

N

nimbus

DonaldRP":c4o98v5s said:
There are multiple angles of the Hale Crater, and the shapes are in the same spots.
Which is no surprise if it's a single orbital picture slapped on an altitude map, and 3D view angles all rendered from those two same texture and relief maps.

JPG artifacts.

M

Mee_n_Mac

nimbus":fs2gllpy said:
Doesn't look like there's a TIFF supplied.
Image ID SEMPMT0A90E
Description
This perspective view, taken by the High Resolution Stereo Camera (HRSC) on board ESA’s Mars Express spacecraft, shows Crater Hale on Mars.

The image is centred at latitude 36° South and longitude 324° East. The image was taken with a ground resolution of about 40 metres per pixel during Mars Express orbit 533 in June 2004.

It shows a closer view of Crater Hale, with its terraced walls (centre to right) and its central peak (foreground).

I found a TIFF with this image of Hale Crater. (ID = SEMTQWWJD1E)
http://www.esa.int/esa-mmg/mmg.pl?b=b&t ... &start=414
"This image, taken by the High Resolution Stereo Camera (HRSC) on board ESA’s Mars Express spacecraft, shows Crater Hale in the Argyre basin of the southern hemisphere of Mars.

Crater Hale, with its terraced walls, central peak and a part of the inner ring is visible in the upper (eastern) part of the image."

I hope "they" didn't erase the buildings in it !

I don't have a good viewer here, guess I'll have to hold onto my "excitement" until I get home. ;)

N

nimbus

Mee_n_Mac":2140fp3v said:
I hope "they" didn't erase the buildings in it !
Crater Hale, with its terraced walls
Terraced walls Mac! Any truly scientifically-minded person can see through the ESA's deception.

Y

yevaud

nimbus":3cugv8tn said:
Which is no surprise if it's a single orbital picture slapped on an altitude map, and 3D view angles all rendered from those two same texture and relief maps.

Correct. Altitude benchmarks are used to determine other look angles.

M

Mee_n_Mac

nimbus":nck3gmer said:
ESA minion":nck3gmer said:
Crater Hale, with its terraced walls
Terraced walls Mac! Any truly scientifically-minded person can see through the ESA's deception.

OMG. The alien overlord proof readers musta missed that subtlety. Quick save that page before "they" fix it. The Truth is out there !!!

ps - I wonder what kind of rent they get for a 2 bedroom apt with a terrace and a view ? Betcha it's a lot of quatloos !

D

DonaldRP

Yeah, I think you can already tell what they have tried to smudge out in some parts.

Y

yevaud

No, there appears to be no deliberate manipulation of this image (I obtained the .tiff from the ESA site). One can clearly see that building-shaped anomalies are individual or groups of pixels that are simply artifact.

J

JeffreyNYA

There are no building however the large carving of the clown to the south of the crater has me a bit freaked out. Now I know where the killer clowns came from. Let stick to the the moon and leaves these guys in piece please.

M

mark_d_s

I love videos like this. They make me feel sane. The guys logic is fantastic...

There are geometric shapes. I have no idea what they are. It must be a large village or military base!

As for his image analysis skills, well. :lol:

D

dragon04

Just ONCE, I'd like to see an unedited image that actually has a shot at being something interesting. :roll:

P

phaze

Bahahahahahahaha!

That's all I have to say about that video....

Y

yevaud

Yes, but tell us what you really think. ;)

DonaldRP, there's nothing here. Sorry.

J

jim48

I can't believe I wasted ten minutes on this! I feel like Charlie Brown trusting Lucy to hold the football while I run up and kick it. Dumb me I keep on trusting her as she pulls it away and I kick at air and land flat on my ass! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts