Mars novel celebration!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adventurebooks

I decided to kick off the release of my new Mars novel, 'The 13th Day Of Christmas,' by creating some unique items, which are available over at Cafe Press. <br />To see a slideshow about the book: www.freewebs.com/adventurebooks Just go to the Coming Soon page.<br /><br />To see the Mars items, including clocks, calendars, etc. go to www.cafepress.com/abonlinestore<br /><br />There is a 24x36 inch Mars Poster there, a 30mb image file.<br /><br />The 'Ultimate Mars Calendar' is a collection of the best 13 images from the Rovers and the Viking Missions. The image files exceed 300mb for all 13 images, so you can imagine the possibilities... <br /><br />For those who don't know me, my name is Robert M. Blevins. I write science fiction and live in Seattle. I wrote '13th Day' after reading an article in Esquire magazine that stated: "There are no really good books out there about actually GOING to Mars." They were particularly hard on 'Mission To Mars.' (They should be...) but less so on 'Red Planet.'<br /><br />Anyway, if you go to Adventure Books, we just tell you to turn up your speakers...

V

vogon13

Why aren't my responses showing here? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

A

adventurebooks

Well, I agree that Esquire was probably wrong about their assessment of 'good' Mars books or movies. I only said the article inspired me to write the book. <br />Over at the Cafe Press store, the Ultimate Mars Calendar has been flying off the (virtual) shelf. 13 images, over 300mb of image files. Excellent resolution. Maybe I should forget about writing and just create calendars... <br /> To go to Adventure Books itself and see what we're really about, just click on the picture of the pirate at the top of the store page when you're finished. The calendar, the Mars Clock, and some other items are near the bottom of the page.

A

adventurebooks

Spacefire said: <br />"I don't understand: your posters and calendars are printed, so why is the image file size relevant?"<br /><br />A very good question, Spacefire. More resolution, better pictures. Cafepress recommends 150-250 dpi image files. Everything we have there is 300dpi. If you take 13 Mars images for a calendar, and the total image files are over 300mb, the results are frankly stunning. <br /><br />One good example: Have you ever seen the picture of the discarded heat shield from the Opportunity Rover? The picture has color spikes from top to bottom, probably caused by sunlight reflection on the camera lens. We were able to get rid of it using smart erase and other tools from MS Digital Imaging Pro 10, a program I highly recommend. You can't even tell we did it.<br />Those items and more coming, over at www.cafepress.com/abonlinestore <br /><br />I attached a small image file so you can see who the heck Bob and Gayla are...we live in Seattle. Our site is at www.freewebs.com/adventurebooks<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts