MEADE# 128 3X BARLOW LENS

• Thread starter 5billionyearslater
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

5billionyearslater

Hi<br /><br />I just bought a MEADE# 128 3X BARLOW LENS on ebay today.<br /><br />It is supposed to be used with a Meade ETX Telescope.<br /><br />I have a Celestron Star Hopper.<br /><br />I kinda rushed the purchase of this barlow lens and I'm not sure now if I will be able to use it in my telescope.<br /><br />Can someone enlighten me?

T

tfwthom

To give you the best answer I need the focal lenght of the scope.<br /><br />But....<br /><br />Other then making the math harder it should work. It's much easier to multiply/divide by 2 then 3. (multiply the focal length of the telescope by 3 or divide the focal length of the eyepiece by 3) Only thing to watch out for is getting to much power with a short focal length eyepiece. (don't go over 50x per inch of the mirror in inches) (8" mirror max would be 400 power) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1" color="#3366ff">www.siriuslookers.org</font> </div>

5billionyearslater

The focal length is 1200mm... I know how to do the math.<br /><br />What I'm wanting to know (and what I asked) is if the actual lense itself will fit into my telescope!

H

heyscottie

Eyepieces and lenses fall into 2", 1.25", and .965" categories.<br /><br />The Barlow is a 1.25" lens. I don't know which Star Hopper you have, but I think they all support 1.25" eyepieces. Some support 2" eyepieces and include a 1.25" adapter.<br /><br />Generally speaking, you don't have to worry about whether a lens will fit a telescope. Almost all lenses sold to semi-serious amateurs are 1.25". A 2" lens generally costs much more. A .965" lens is almost always junk.<br /><br />Manufacturers for some reason will specify that an eyepiece goes with a specific scope sometimes. But if it is the diameter you want, then it is going to work just fine.<br /><br />Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts