Mining and Manufacturing On Moon Future Applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chemiophsy_007

Hi,Everybody!!<br />I am Badal,I have to submit a report on topic "Mining And Manufacturing On Moon Future Applications",Please help me to gather some information from ur side.<br />Kindly post some links or abstracts,better if they are latest,or some future exploration on moon..<br /><br />Will be highly Thankfull...

B

Boris_Badenov

Permanent: Asteroid Mining, Space Colonies & Utilization Website is an excellant source for report. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#993300"><span class="body"><font size="2" color="#3366ff"><div align="center">. </div><div align="center">Never roll in the mud with a pig. You'll both get dirty & the pig likes it.</div></font></span></font> </div>

B

bdewoody

In my opinion (which I know will be challenged by the established crowd here) we should move ahead with making the moon our "space station" and develope the capacity to build the vehicles needed to go to Mars or the moons of Jupiter from there.<br /><br />Bypassing the moon to make a publicity stunt manned landing on Mars is likely to create the same void that was experienced after the Apollo missions.<br /><br />Once we have mastered the moon the rest will be down hill. IMHO <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <em><font size="2">Bob DeWoody</font></em> </div>

N

nimbus

What a shame you need to already be knee deep in the field to go.. I'd definitely give up a few years of my studies to do it. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

N

nyarlathotep

<i>It's less expensive energy-wise to get from the Moon's surface to GEO, even going through EML1, than to get from LEO to GEO. </i><br /><br />Pity we don't want to actually build anything in GEO. All the drawbacks of a gravity well, with none of the benefits of being behind the Van Allen belt. Besides, reaction mass bottled into mass produced composite tubes on earth is very close to free.

Status
Not open for further replies.