moon/mars pics

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MeteorWayne

Mars has kind of faded out of the discussion, but now as we approach the end of April, I thought I'd review where things stand now. Mars continues to shrink and fade in the sky as it moves further from the earth, now 1.27 AU away.

The magnitude is down to +0.7 and the size is now 7.3 arc-minutes, only 2.1 times the size of Uranus, which is 21 AU away!

Mars is highest in the sky before sunset, and sets in the early morning hours, and over the next month it will continue to move further away, fade, shrink, and set earlier each morning. It is currently located near the Beehive in Cancer, about halfway between Leo and Gemini. The quarter moon will be passing by on May 19th.

S

serosang

MeteorWayne":ppccj0uc said:
Mars has kind of faded out of the discussion, but now as we approach the end of April, I thought I'd review where things stand now. Mars continues to shrink and fade in the sky as it moves further from the earth, now 1.27 AU away.

The magnitude is down to +0.7 and the size is now 7.3 arc-minutes, only 2.1 times the size of Uranus, which is 21 AU away!

Mars is highest in the sky before sunset, and sets in the early morning hours, and over the next month it will continue to move further away, fade, shrink, and set earlier each morning. It is currently located near the Beehive in Cancer, about halfway between Leo and Gemini. The quarter moon will be passing by on May 19th.

so where are all the other planets besides mars? and when is the next meteor shower?

Q

Quantum11

219.jpg

221.jpg

A

adrenalynn

If you want to take a bright object and a dim object for the same end-frame, look up:

photographic bracketing

and

high dynamic range photography

in your favorite search engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.