More on the Big Bang - what was before t = 0?

Page 5 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Oct 25, 2024
Visit site
I think a Big Bounce makes a lot of sense except for the universe is now accelerating its expansion. So how does a contraction occur?
Perhaps an accelerating expansion is an illusion caused because the measurement reference points for the faster expansion are in the far distant past. What we see in the furthest reaches, that appear to expand faster, are also further back in time.

Oct 25, 2024
Visit site
"The perfect ending is endless beginning." -- Atlan0001.

And, at this very moment of time, this very instant, somewhere in this universe, even probably somewhere in this galaxy, there is a time, an Age, of Dinosaurs, and somewhere else a birth occurring of a star similar to Sol, and later a world to orbit it similar to the Earth. Time is always beginning. The universe(s) constantly in recreation . . . infinitely many offsetting recreations.
if you mark T = 0 as the Big Bang, you may (or may not) just be picking another arbitrary reference point on a much longer timeline. A Big Bang may be what follows a Big Crunch, in a repeating cycle.

T= -1 is marking an event that happens before another event. It’s on a timeline where zero is arbitrarily placed. Analogous to counting years from the birth of Christ. It is not a true T = 0, where time begins.
The universe seems to exist as 'now'. There is a before and after but not in the 'now' universe. I think Atlan has been known for making this argument ( which I agree with). So T=0 is the reality of this universe. I think the point has more meaning than just words. :beercheers: Maybe wine would be better.

The mystery is what it is that causes an instant to move on to cause another (linked) instant in a series that we call time and cause and effect so that we can label another instant t=1.

Maybe it is the Big Bang. To go to past instances we need a Big Suck - a black hole? I must stop drinking and posting - apologies to all

Reactions: Fest3er