D

docm

Moscow

When: 2012

Studio: Paramount

Director: Jack Bender

Screenplay: Hossein Amini & Adam Cozad
Characters and original materials: Tom Clancy

Synopsis: Jack Ryan segues from the Marine Corps to a position as a financial consultant for a Russian billionaire, where he's framed in a terrorist plot and forced to go on the run.

Jack Ryan: Chris Pine (Star Trek)

J

JonClarke

Yawn. Show me a film where the Russians are the good guys for a change. That might be worth watching.

D

darkmatter4brains

Hey, there was a couple hot russian chicks in a Bond flick or two ... they get my vote as good guys ;-)

But, this Moscow 2012 sounds interesting ... looking forward to it coming out. There isn't crap in the theatres right now

Z

ZenGalacticore

JonClarke":106wkxib said:
Yawn. Show me a film where the Russians are the good guys for a change. That might be worth watching.

Absolutely! Good freakin' point, Jon!

I mean really. It's not just the demonization of the Russians and others that gets old, it's the constant, cheesy, American self-aggrandizement that gets old too. "Independence Day", for example. My God! Could they have maybe given us the patriotic stuff with a bit more subtleness?

It's as if Hollywood no longer believes in the dream that IS the United States of America, and so, they feel like they have to convince the rest of us (and, more accurately, themselves) that "the dream still lives..." It makes me sick. Because they cheapen and plasticize whatever "dream" America ever was or hopefully still is.

'Independence Day', btw, to me, came across as strained, campy, and unnatural in its sentiment. (Besides the fact that the premise was ridiculous.) Oh yeah, sure, the ETI's are using our satelites to communicate with one another! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.