NASA to share the ISS!!!?????!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

holmec

SDC Article:<br />http://www.space.com/spacenews/070611_iss_businessmonday.html<br /><br />I almost want to say told you so, but I only predicted that some company might be interested in touring the ISS after its decomish. I really didn't expect this, but I applaud the effort. <br /><br /><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p>The report also notes private sector interest in using the space station, but says any such use would be kept in check by the continuing high cost of accessing the station and the perceived investment risk of business plans involving a facility that is still not fully assembled.<br /><br />NASA says it hopes its Commercial Orbital Transportation Services program, which is spending $500 million to foster cheaper transport options for the ISS, will help address the first concern and that time and continued progress building out the station will address the second concern.<p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br /><br />WOW! This just might put an extra carrot in front of the COTS mules. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#0000ff"><em>"SCE to AUX" - John Aaron, curiosity pays off</em></font></p> </div>

H

hansolo0

Yeah , I think it's cool, it can only make things easier on the private sector, at least it gives them somewhere to go until other stations are made...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts