NBC's “The Event”, Season Premiere Sept. 20

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FlatEarth

darkmatter4brains":3kzdz53y said:
I personally enjoyed episode 2.

To me, it's basically like the X-files ... well, with a jumpy nature to it.

Nothing original. Typical trite sci-fi entertainment - but, enjoyable to watch.

I don't know - is there really anything all that better on TV anymore? Most programs are trash anyhow :lol:
Agreed. I'm kinda geeked, because I don't care for anything else on TV right now, and this one has me kinda interested.

On the down side, I was surprised at how quickly the mystery of the captured people was removed, and it wasn't a surprise. I hope it doesn't continue to be so predictable. What I liked about Lost was that there was no way to forcast what was coming next.

T

thnkrx

Ok...they still have not meant a stereotype they didn't like enough to steal, but the dead plane passengers coming back to life makes this series almost interesting...even though I have a fair notion as to whats going on.

F

FlatEarth

Since when do you leave dead people uncovered? That aside, I like how the story is progressing, I like the actors, and I like the characaters. I'm hooked. :)

D

doublehelix

I'm definitely intrigued and will see if I can catch it on Hulu.

Loved Childhood's End - I think it was recommended here on SDC, so I bought it and read it. Loved it! I thought V was also inspired by Childhood's End.

Hoping to get a PS3 at some point so we can stream video (as well as play things like Portal and an updated MLB game - my boyfriend plays MLB 2004 still on the PS2!).

-dh

F

FlatEarth

I also read Childhood's End because of the recommendation, and enjoyed it very much. It's surprising to me that it never made it to the screen. There was a Star Trek: The Next Generation episode that dealt with man evolving into a higher life form (the doctor's son), which seems inspired by the story.

I ended up getting an LG Blu-ray player that streams video wirelessly. It works well, and for about $120, it didn't break the bank.

P

pmn1

It aired in the UK on Friday, looks interesting....though I cannot see the 'visitors' in detention managing to keep quiet for over 50 years.....

P

pmn1

Just saw episode 3 - now thats put a crimp in the crash coverstory.....

P

pmn1

Trust nothing......and when you have 'shot' someone, make sure of the job with a length of pipe etc... :D

F

FlatEarth

pmn1":12n89vgs said:
It aired in the UK on Friday, looks interesting....though I cannot see the 'visitors' in detention managing to keep quiet for over 50 years.....
Since your schedule is trailing us by a few weeks, I'll be careful about posting spoilers. This was a skip week for us.

S

SpaceKiwi

I've been watching this and have to disagree with some of the critical comment. I think it's fairly quickly become compelling viewing, and is certainly one of my favourites from the American Fall Premieres. I like the cliffhanger nature of the ending from week to week, it's got that old-style cinema serial quality about it.

I hope the show will survive the ratings knife but, equally, I hope they have a definite game plan with the entire story arc and don't try to stretch it out to get additional episodes or one too many seasons (as they did with Lost I understand).

SK

F

FlatEarth

I was surprised that next week is the Fall finale already. I'm liking the show even more as it progresses, but I'm disappointed with the short run.

There clearly are a few things in play that have yet to be revealed, so the writers are doing a good job of keeping my interest. I also like the restrained use of special effects and pseudo science explanations.

J

JonClarke

Just moving OT for amoment, I am glad that a couple of people here read Childhood's End on reccommendation and liked it. What an ending!

P

pmn1

Ok...some good conspiracy characters popping up...who is working for who, why and who knows what :? :? :?

Bloody creepy ending though...... :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts