Need Help Identifying Galaxy

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maddad

Bingo! You're right. I've no idea how you figured it out, but I was hoping somebody would. Thanks.

M

Maddad

Well, I'm a dummy. After Zav said it's NGC 3370 I noticed that I've already got that in an earlier photo. Must have collected it twice under two different names. Should have realized that I'd already processed the image once.

B

bobvanx

That's alright, I bet you voted for Bush both times, so you've a record of making mistakes.

N

nevers

The picture is awesome...however...for those interested...here is how it may begin to appear in an extremely large earth-based telescope:<br />NGC-IC Project Image of NGC 3370<br /><br />It's size is only 3.1' x 1.9' and has an apparent magnitude of 12.4. It is located in Leo directly in-line between Zosma and Regulus. It is ~10 degrees from Regulus and ~7 degrees from Zosma. It also goes by the name of UGC 5887.<br /><br />Make no mistake about it, I much prefer the image maddad is offering!

B

bobvanx

Steve,<br /><br />You old compadre in diversion, thanks for taking my small tangent and ripping the boundaries wide open and casting the net of obfuscation even wider. You adroitly took my little riple that had nothing to do with maddad's thread and added a whole bunch of other emotionally charge material that has nothing to do with his thread or even with my post.<br /><br />I <i>knew</i> you and I shared the secret glee of instigation!

M

Maddad

Thread title: <font color="Lime">Need Help Identifying Galaxy</font><br /><br />bobvanx<br />"<font color="yellow">I bet you voted for Bush both times, so you've a record of making mistakes.</font><br />"<font color="orange">You adroitly took my little riple that had nothing to do with maddad's thread and added a whole bunch of other emotionally charge material that has nothing to do with his thread</font><br /><br />*Snicker*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts