Question Not when or where or how but why did the Big Bang happen.

Oct 12, 2024
Visit site
Please forgive me if this question has been asked before and will fully understand if this thread has to be deleted. Its a question ive asked myself for many years, was there a reason for the big bang and if so who or what was responsible. I,m no expert as in from an academic view point was wondering what the experts thought. Thanks.

Welcome to SDC. This question is often asked. The answer is: we do not know and we will probably never know. The reason is we encounter a problem as we go back in time. It occurs at 5.39 x 10^-44 of a second after the Big Bang. At that point, the universe was so tiny, 10^-35 meters, that the temperature was so high, 10^32 K, that the particles each had so much energy they were like tiny individual black holes and thus could not communicate with each other thus could not exchange heat thus have no way of getting hotter, which they would need to do if we tried to imagine the universe any smaller.

As for actual looking, we can only see the Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation, which is the surface of the expanding fireball from 380,000 years after the Big Bang. We can't see any earlier than that visibly but maybe some day via gravity waves.

Reactions: dave141b
Oct 12, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to SDC. This question is often asked. The answer is: we do not know and we will probably never know. The reason is we encounter a problem as we go back in time. It occurs at 5.39 x 10^-44 of a second after the Big Bang. At that point, the universe was so tiny, 10^-35 meters, that the temperature was so high, 10^32 K, that the particles each had so much energy they were like tiny individual black holes and thus could not communicate with each other thus could not exchange heat thus have no way of getting hotter, which they would need to do if we tried to imagine the universe any smaller.

As for actual looking, we can only see the Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation, which is the surface of the expanding fireball from 380,000 years after the Big Bang. We can't see any earlier than that visibly but maybe some day via gravity waves.
Thanks for the reply i figured its one of those questions that must be impossible to answer hopefully one day we may all know why it happened. Still a fascinating reply to the question once again thankyou.

Reactions: billslugg
Apr 24, 2022
Visit site
We don't know the answer, but I've been thinking about it a little bit because it's a question that I'm curious about as well.

So, here are my personal thoughts:

Let's start with the following equation:

A = A

Before the universe was birthed, the concept of A did not even exist. This A is an concept created by intellectual creature called humanity, 13.8 billion years after the creation of the universe. Also, mathematical terms, including =, are concepts created by humans born after the birth of the universe.

If we move A from the left side to the right side,

0 = A - A = 0

To make the idea clearer, let's express this a little differently.

0 = (+A) + (-A) = 0

This equation can be conceptually decomposed as "0", "0=(+A)+(-A)", "(+A)+(-A)=0", "0=0".

1)"0" : Something did not exist. Nothing state.

2)"0 = (+A) + (-A)" : +A and -A were born from "nothing". Or "Nothing" changed to +A and -A. Because +A and -A exist, it is a Something state.

3)"(+A) + (-A) = 0" : The sum of +A and -A is still zero. From one perspective it's "Something", from another perspective it's still “Nothing”.

4)"0 = 0" At the beginning and end of the process, the state of “Nothing” is maintained.

5) "B = 0 = (+A) + (-A) = 0" : The intelligent life form called humanity defines the "first nothing" as B. B may be total A, which is the sum of all A, or it may be a new notion.

In other words, “nothing” can create something +A and something -A and still remain “nothing” state. And, the newly created +A and -A create new physical quantities and new changes. For example, in order for the newly created +A and -A to be preserved in space, a new relational equation must be created.

∂ρ/∂t + ∇·j=0

Is there such a case in the nature or the universe? Yes!

1)Let's look at how pair production (electron and positron) occurs from photon (light).

B = 0 = (+Q) + (-Q) = 0

The charge of a photon is zero. When photon do pair production (electron and positron), photon do not conserve charge by creating beings with zero charge, but by creating +Q and -Q to preserve zero. That is, in all cases, in all circumstances, in order to satisfy or maintain “nothing”, this equation of the form (+Q) + (-Q) = 0 must hold. This may be because "0" is not representative of all situations and is only a subset of (+Q) + (-Q) = 0.

At the beginning and end of the process, the total charge is conserved, but in the middle process +Q and -Q are created. Due to the electric charge generated at this time, new concepts including electromagnetic fields and electromagnetic forces are needed.

According to Emmy Noether's theorem, if a system has a certain symmetry, there is a corresponding conserved physical quantity. Therefore, symmetry and conservation laws are closely related.

Conservation of spin, conservation of particle number, conservation of energy, conservation of momentum, conservation of angular momentum, conservation of flux... etc.. New concepts may be born from conservation laws like these.

2)Let’s look at the birth process of energy. (This is not a proven fact and is still a hypothesis. Edward Tryon, Alan Guth, Stephen Hawking, and others have advocated such a model.)
https://icarus2.quora.com/The-Birth...erse-from-Nothing-and-New-Inflation-Mechanism

here-is-a-hypothesis-some-thoughts-on-the-birth-of-v0-r8sadbgvp5yc1.jpg

E_T = 0 = (+E) + (-E) = Σmc^2 + Σ(-Gmm/r) = 0

“E_T = 0” represents “Nothing” state.

Mass appears in “Σ(+mc^2)” stage, which suggests the state of “Something”.

In other words, “Nothing” produces a negative energy of the same size as that of a positive mass energy and can produce “Something” while keeping the state of “Nothing” in the entire process (“E_T = 0” is kept both in the beginning of and in the end of the process).

*I don't think the total energy of the universe is currently 0. I just think there must have been a moment when the energy was zero when the universe started.

Another example is the case of gauge transformation for scalar potential Φ and vector potential A in electromagnetic fields.

Φ --> Φ - ∂Λ/∂t

A --> A + Λ

Maxwell equations of electromagnetism hold them in the same form for gauge transformation. After all, the existence of some symmetry or the invariance that the shape of a certain physical law must not change requires a gauge transformation, and this leads to the existence of new physical quantities (Λ, ∂Λ/∂t, Λ) that did not exist in the beginning (Φ, A).

This can be interpreted as requiring the birth of a new thing in order for the conserved physical quantity to be conserved and not change. The condition or state that should not change is what makes change.

Why was the universe born? Why is there something rather than nothing? Why did the change happen?

Everything in the world can be classified into the following two categories:

Those that have a "changing nature"
Those that have a "non-changing nature"

"Nothing” or “something” that has the property of changing create change.
However, as we've seen above, we can see that “Nothing” or “something” with unchanging property can also create change.

B = 0 = (+Q) + (-Q) = 0
E_T = 0 =(+E) + (-E) = Σmc^2 + Σ-Gmm/r = 0
∂ρ/∂t + ∇·j=0
Φ --> Φ - ∂Λ/∂t
A --> A + Λ

It changes, but does not change!
It changes in order not to change!

What does not change (B = 0) also creates changes in order not to change in various situations (Local, Global, phase transformation, translation, time translation, rotation transformation ...). This is because only the self (B) that does not want to change needs to be preserved.

The change of the universe seems to have created a change by the nature of not changing. The universe created Something (space-time, quantum fluctuation, energy, mass, charge, spin, force, field, potential, conservation laws, continuity equation...) to preserve Nothing. By the way, as this something was born, another something was born, and the birth of something chained like this may still preserve the first "nothing", and in some cases, the first "nothing" itself may also have changed.

Charge and energy are the basic physical quantities of matter or existence. If such a basic physical quantity can come out of a 0, we must think about the possibility that other things can also come out of a 0.

The Birth Mechanism of the Universe from Nothing and New Inflation Mechanism

Oct 12, 2024
Visit site
We don't know the answer, but I've been thinking about it a little bit because it's a question that I'm curious about as well.

So, here are my personal thoughts:

Let's start with the following equation:

A = A

Before the universe was birthed, the concept of A did not even exist. This A is an concept created by intellectual creature called humanity, 13.8 billion years after the creation of the universe. Also, mathematical terms, including =, are concepts created by humans born after the birth of the universe.

If we move A from the left side to the right side,

0 = A - A = 0

To make the idea clearer, let's express this a little differently.

0 = (+A) + (-A) = 0

This equation can be conceptually decomposed as "0", "0=(+A)+(-A)", "(+A)+(-A)=0", "0=0".

1)"0" : Something did not exist. Nothing state.

2)"0 = (+A) + (-A)" : +A and -A were born from "nothing". Or "Nothing" changed to +A and -A. Because +A and -A exist, it is a Something state.

3)"(+A) + (-A) = 0" : The sum of +A and -A is still zero. From one perspective it's "Something", from another perspective it's still “Nothing”.

4)"0 = 0" At the beginning and end of the process, the state of “Nothing” is maintained.

5) "B = 0 = (+A) + (-A) = 0" : The intelligent life form called humanity defines the "first nothing" as B. B may be total A, which is the sum of all A, or it may be a new notion.

In other words, “nothing” can create something +A and something -A and still remain “nothing” state. And, the newly created +A and -A create new physical quantities and new changes. For example, in order for the newly created +A and -A to be preserved in space, a new relational equation must be created.

∂ρ/∂t + ∇·j=0

Is there such a case in the nature or the universe? Yes!

1)Let's look at how pair production (electron and positron) occurs from photon (light).

B = 0 = (+Q) + (-Q) = 0

The charge of a photon is zero. When photon do pair production (electron and positron), photon do not conserve charge by creating beings with zero charge, but by creating +Q and -Q to preserve zero. That is, in all cases, in all circumstances, in order to satisfy or maintain “nothing”, this equation of the form (+Q) + (-Q) = 0 must hold. This may be because "0" is not representative of all situations and is only a subset of (+Q) + (-Q) = 0.

At the beginning and end of the process, the total charge is conserved, but in the middle process +Q and -Q are created. Due to the electric charge generated at this time, new concepts including electromagnetic fields and electromagnetic forces are needed.

According to Emmy Noether's theorem, if a system has a certain symmetry, there is a corresponding conserved physical quantity. Therefore, symmetry and conservation laws are closely related.

Conservation of spin, conservation of particle number, conservation of energy, conservation of momentum, conservation of angular momentum, conservation of flux... etc.. New concepts may be born from conservation laws like these.

2)Let’s look at the birth process of energy. (This is not a proven fact and is still a hypothesis. Edward Tryon, Alan Guth, Stephen Hawking, and others have advocated such a model.)
https://icarus2.quora.com/The-Birth...erse-from-Nothing-and-New-Inflation-Mechanism

here-is-a-hypothesis-some-thoughts-on-the-birth-of-v0-r8sadbgvp5yc1.jpg

E_T = 0 = (+E) + (-E) = Σmc^2 + Σ(-Gmm/r) = 0

“E_T = 0” represents “Nothing” state.

Mass appears in “Σ(+mc^2)” stage, which suggests the state of “Something”.

In other words, “Nothing” produces a negative energy of the same size as that of a positive mass energy and can produce “Something” while keeping the state of “Nothing” in the entire process (“E_T = 0” is kept both in the beginning of and in the end of the process).

*I don't think the total energy of the universe is currently 0. I just think there must have been a moment when the energy was zero when the universe started.

Another example is the case of gauge transformation for scalar potential Φ and vector potential A in electromagnetic fields.

Φ --> Φ - ∂Λ/∂t

A --> A + Λ

Maxwell equations of electromagnetism hold them in the same form for gauge transformation. After all, the existence of some symmetry or the invariance that the shape of a certain physical law must not change requires a gauge transformation, and this leads to the existence of new physical quantities (Λ, ∂Λ/∂t, Λ) that did not exist in the beginning (Φ, A).

This can be interpreted as requiring the birth of a new thing in order for the conserved physical quantity to be conserved and not change. The condition or state that should not change is what makes change.

Why was the universe born? Why is there something rather than nothing? Why did the change happen?

Everything in the world can be classified into the following two categories:

Those that have a "changing nature"
Those that have a "non-changing nature"

"Nothing” or “something” that has the property of changing create change.
However, as we've seen above, we can see that “Nothing” or “something” with unchanging property can also create change.

B = 0 = (+Q) + (-Q) = 0
E_T = 0 =(+E) + (-E) = Σmc^2 + Σ-Gmm/r = 0
∂ρ/∂t + ∇·j=0
Φ --> Φ - ∂Λ/∂t
A --> A + Λ

It changes, but does not change!
It changes in order not to change!

What does not change (B = 0) also creates changes in order not to change in various situations (Local, Global, phase transformation, translation, time translation, rotation transformation ...). This is because only the self (B) that does not want to change needs to be preserved.

The change of the universe seems to have created a change by the nature of not changing. The universe created Something (space-time, quantum fluctuation, energy, mass, charge, spin, force, field, potential, conservation laws, continuity equation...) to preserve Nothing. By the way, as this something was born, another something was born, and the birth of something chained like this may still preserve the first "nothing", and in some cases, the first "nothing" itself may also have changed.

Charge and energy are the basic physical quantities of matter or existence. If such a basic physical quantity can come out of a 0, we must think about the possibility that other things can also come out of a 0.

Thanks 7icarus7 for the reply really far too technical for a simple layman like myself to fully understand the equations etc etc though i do appreciate your superior knowledge. Ultimately your right as billslugg also said we just dont know maybe its just one of those things that was simply meant to be that something can come from nothing, no big deal. I suppose a religious person might say it was God that started off the whole process i,m not religious if i was i probably wouldnt be on here asking this question in the first place. Does there need to be a reason why the BB happened and if there was can science ever come up with the answer.

Apr 23, 2024
Visit site
A simple answer to the original question is that our universe may well have been created by a team pf scientists in another universe. Their universe was much less conducive to life arising and they realised that they were almost unique. So they designed a better universe, ours! This universe is incredibly biased towards life arising and I'd guess it is teeming. Even in our one solar system, which is one of trillions, there is abundant life here and vey probably some underground on Mars and in the oceans of Europa and other moons. That's why the bb happened, it was a scientific experiment!

Apr 24, 2022
Visit site
i,m not religious if i was i probably wouldnt be on here asking this question in the first place. Does there need to be a reason why the BB happened and if there was can science ever come up with the answer.

*Since the number of images that can be added is limited, I will split the answer into three parts and upload it.
There is no consensus answer in the academic world on this issue. However, since it is a question that is both ultimate and very important, I have also studied this issue. Of course, I am an amateur, not an expert.

The answer I have obtained through my research is the result of the paper I linked.
This is a personal explanation and hypothesis, and can be verified by explaining the density value of dark energy with this model.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...erse_from_Nothing_and_New_Inflation_Mechanism

We adopt the Big Bang theory as the standard cosmology, but in fact, the Big Bang theory does not explain the Big Bang event. The Big Bang theory only claims that the early universe started out hotter and denser than it is now, and that it was once in thermal equilibrium, but it does not directly explain the origin of matter and energy, or the reason for the expansion.

The first article I posted above provides a conceptual explanation of change from "nothing", and this article begins with the assumption that at least space-time and physical laws exist in the universe.

Since the Big Bang event is a very important issue, the results of my personal research are as follows. The content may be a bit difficult.

1.The birth of the universe through the uncertainty principle can explain the birth of energy on a current scale from zero energy

main-qimg-afb44c994cde000104e28f2a97cd8eca

main-qimg-0fa7f4c021b099812bc717e056d75ded

Δx=ct_p=2R’ : Since Δx corresponds to the diameter of the mass (or energy) distribution

According to the mass-energy equivalence principle, equivalent mass can be defined for all energies. Assuming a spherical mass (energy) distribution and calculating the average mass density (minimum value),

main-qimg-89b0bdd8bef44f79446fd7da0d6c6fef

It can be seen that it is extremely dense. In other words, the quantum fluctuation that occurred during the Planck time create mass (or energy) with an extremely high density.

The total mass of the observable universe is approximately 3.03x10^54 kg (Since the mass of a proton is approximately 10^-27 kg, approximately 10^81 protons), and the size of the region in which this mass is distributed with the initial density ρ_0 is

R_obs-universe(ρ=ρ_0) = 5.28 x10^-15 [m]

The observable universe is made possible by energy distribution at the level of the atomic nucleus.

Even if there was no energy before the Big Bang, enormous amounts of energy can be created due to the uncertainty principle. In a region smaller than the size of an atomic nucleus, the total mass-energy that exists in the observable universe can be created.

*In terms of energy density, we can assume energy density from 0 ~ infinity. So the above estimate is not a bad result, since it roughly approximates the energy density required to create the current observable universe.

2.Total energy of the system including gravitational potential energy

In the early universe, when only positive mass energy is considered, the mass energy value appears to be a very large positive energy, but when negative gravitational potential energy is also considered, the total energy can be zero and even negative energy.

In the quantum fluctuation process based on the uncertainty principle, there is a gravitational source ΔE, and there is a time Δt for the gravitational force to be transmitted, so gravitational potential energy also exists.

Considering not only positive mass energy but also negative gravitational potential energy, the total energy of the system is

main-qimg-c43e94f07a931799f3a4669db23feb40

According to the uncertainty principle, during Δt= (3/5)^(1/2) t_P=0.77t_P, energy fluctuation of more than ΔE = (5/12)^(1/2)m_Pc^2 is possible. However, let us consider that an energy of ΔE=(5/6)m_Pc^2, slightly larger than the minimum value, was born.

1) If, Δt=t_P, ΔE=(5/6)m_Pc^2,
main-qimg-3be45372ab121189556ad548fa07c729

The total energy of the system is 0

In other words, a mechanism that generates enormous mass (or energy) while maintaining a Zero Energy State is possible.

Apr 24, 2022
Visit site
2) If, Δt=(3/5)^(1/2)t_P, ΔE≥(5/12)^(1/2)m_Pc^2,
In the analysis above, the minimum energy of quantum fluctuations possible during the Planck time is ∆E ≥ (1/2)(m_P)c^2, and the minimum energy fluctuation for which expansion after birth can occur is ∆E > (5/6)(m_P)c^2. Since ∆E=(5/6)(m_P)c^2 is greater than ∆E=(1/2)(m_P)c^2, the birth and coming into existence of the universe is a probabilistic event.

For those unsatisfied with probabilistic event, let's find cases where the birth and expansion of the universe were inevitable events. By doing a little calculation, we can find the following values:

main-qimg-d7fa1e51c1230b0a3d9891553ba84749

Calculating the total energy of the system,

main-qimg-5d9296618762589b645da1b40058e9a0

The total energy of the system is 0.

In other words, a Mechanism that generates enormous energy (or mass) while maintaining a Zero Energy State is possible. This is not to say that the total energy of the observable universe is zero. This is because gravitational potential energy changes as time passes. This suggests that enormous mass or energy can be created from a zero energy state in the early stages of the universe.

Through this model, we can simultaneously solve the problem of the origin of universe energy and the problem of accelerated expansion in the early stages of the universe.

3.Gravitational potential energy also contributes to allowing quantum fluctuations created by the uncertainty principle to expand rather than return to nothing

By the uncertainty principle, quantum fluctuations ΔE can be created, but the problem is that these quantum fluctuations must return to nothing. Therefore, a mechanism is needed to prevents the situation where energy created by quantum fluctuations returns to nothing.

Since there is energy ΔE that is the source of gravity and there is a time Δt for gravity to be transmitted, the gravitational potential energy (gravitational self-energy) must be considered. For simple calculations, assuming a spherical uniform distribution, the total energy including the gravitational potential energy is

E_T=Σmc^2 + Σ-Gmm/r

The magnitude at which the negative gravitational potential energy becomes equal to the positive mass energy can be obtained through the following equation.

main-qimg-95dddd228d61428aa068e5edbce91890

By performing some calculations, we can find the time and energy at which ΔE enters accelerated expansion during Δt, in which quantum fluctuations can exist.

If Δt=(3/5)^(1/2)t_P, ΔE≥(5/12)^(1/2)m_Pc^2,

main-qimg-5d9296618762589b645da1b40058e9a0

In this way, the total energy of one quantum fluctuation is zero energy. Since individual quantum fluctuations are born in a zero energy state, and as time passes, the range of gravitational interaction expands, when surrounding quantum fluctuations come within the range of gravitational interaction, accelerated expansion occurs by this method. This method uses the minimum value of energy fluctuations. On the other hand, at energies greater than the minimum, expansion can occur even from a single quantum fluctuation.

As time passes and the extent of gravitational interaction increases, the positive mass energy grows proportional to M, while the negative gravitational potential energy grows proportional to -M^2/R. Therefore, temporarily, the repulsive force due to negative gravitational potential energy becomes superior to the attractive force due to positive energy, and the universe enters a period of accelerated expansion.

main-qimg-a8ba88bc5cbd13ab4a28a50809b7be1c

The meaning of the calculation result is that

If Δt ≤ ((3/5)^(1/2))t_P, then ΔE ≥ ((5/12)^(1/2))m_Pc^2 is possible.
By the way, at the moment this Δt exists, the gravitational interaction also proceeds. And, within Δt, the minimum magnitude at which the negative gravitational self-energy exceeds the positive mass energy is ΔE=((5/12)^(1/2))m_Pc^2. So when Δt < ((3/5)^(1/2))t_P, the mass distribution expands as the repulsive force dominates the attractive force.

Since the repulsive force due to the negative gravitational self-energy is greater than the attractive force due to the positive mass energy, the corresponding mass distribution expands. Thus, the quantum fluctuations generated by the uncertainty principle cannot return to nothing, but can expand and create the present universe.

Case-1) If, Δt=t_P, ΔE>(5/6)m_Pc^2,
If a quantum fluctuation occurs during the Planck time, and the quantum fluctuation that occurs has a ΔE of (5/6)m_Pc^2 or more, it is possible for the created quantum fluctuation to expand. As time passes and the surrounding quantum fluctuations come within the range of gravitational interaction, the negative gravitational potential energy becomes even larger, and explosive expansion becomes possible. The inflation mechanism becomes possible.
In this case, the birth of the universe becomes a probabilistic event.

Case-2) If, Δt<(3/5)^(1/2)t_P, ΔE>(5/12)^(1/2)m_Pc^2,
If the quantum fluctuation occurs for a time less than (3/5)^(1/2)t_P, the total energy(positive mass energy + negative gravitational potential energy(or gravitational self-energy)) generated at that time reaches a negative energy state before the time of Δt, and expansion occurs.
As time passes and the surrounding quantum fluctuations enter the range of gravitational interactions, the negative gravitational potential energy becomes even larger, and explosive expansion becomes possible. Inflation mechanism becomes possible.
In this case, the birth of the universe becomes an inevitable event.

Case-3)...

*End of inflation mechanism
When expanding, if matter is constant within an arbitrary gravitational interaction radius, the positive mass energy E=mc^2 remains constant, but the negative gravitational potential energy U=-(3/5)GM^2/R decreases. As R increases, the negative gravitational potential energy decreases, so the driving force of the accelerated expansion decreases, and when the negative gravitational potential energy decreases less than the positive mass energy due to expansion, the inflation mechanism ends.

When expanding, even if matter flows into an arbitrary gravitational interaction radius, there are cases where the gravitational potential energy becomes smaller than the positive mass energy depending on the situation. In this case, the inflation mechanism ends.

Apr 24, 2022
Visit site
4.Verification method

1)Constraint equation and accelerating expansion of the early universe
As a key logic to the argument of this thesis, gravitational potential energy appears, and the point where the magnitude of the negative gravitational potential energy equals the positive mass energy becomes an inflection point, suggesting that the accelerated expansion period is entered.

main-qimg-b4afe161a64e70ebc8444f3074dc2394

Since we can let R_gs be approximately cΔt/2(or cΔt), there is a strong constraint equation between the density and the time the universe entered accelerated expansion. Therefore, it is possible to verify the model through this. Additionally, if we use this idea to build a precise cosmology, the number of provable factors will increase.

2)Dark energy
Additionally, the principles applied in this model can be applied to both the accelerated expansion of the early universe (Inflation) and the accelerated expansion of the current universe (Dark energy) at different scales. The cosmological constant model and vacuum energy model cannot simultaneously explain inflation and dark energy.

In the previous paper, I presented the cosmological constant term obtained by the gravitational potential energy model. Strictly speaking, the cosmological constant does not exist in the gravitational potential energy model, and the gravitational potential energy plays the role of negative pressure or negative energy density. Since many values are obtained through standard cosmology, the cosmological constant term is introduced into the explanation to aid understanding.

main-qimg-17f91683b2e2af917743004c4b7414ed

main-qimg-a8c0649d35cc64a2a091bb89055fbbfc

During Planck time, it was about 10^121 times larger than it is now.

In other words, this model has the potential to simultaneously explain the repulsive effects of the early inflation period and the late dark energy period.

Therefore, this model can also be proven by verifying the dark energy model to which gravitational potential energy is applied.

[ Summary ]

According to the energy-time uncertainty principle, during ∆t, an energy fluctuation of ∆E is possible, but this energy fluctuation should have reverted back to nothing.

By the way, there is also a gravitational interaction during the time of ∆t, and if the negative gravitational self-energy exceeds the positive mass-energy during this ∆t, the total energy of the corresponding mass distribution becomes negative energy, that is, the negative mass state. Because there is a repulsive gravitational effect between negative masses, this mass distribution expands. Thus, it is possible to create an expansion that does not go back to nothing.

Calculations show that if the quantum fluctuation occur for a time less than ∆t = (3/10)^(1/2)t_p ≈ 0.77t_p , then an energy fluctuation of ∆E > (5/6)^(1/2)m_pc^2 ≈ 0.65m_pc^2 must occur. But in this case, because of the negative gravitational self-energy, ∆E will enter the negative energy (mass) state before the time of ∆t. Because there is a repulsive gravitational effect between negative masses, ∆E cannot contract, but expands. Thus, the universe does not return to nothing, but can exist.

Gravitational Potential Energy Model provides a means of distinguishing whether the existence of the present universe is an inevitable event or an event with a very low probability. And, it presents a new model for the process of inflation, the accelerating expansion of the early universe. This paper also provides an explanation for why the early universe started in a dense state and solves the vacuum catastrophe problem. Additionally, when the negative gravitational potential energy exceeds the positive energy, it can produce an accelerated expansion of the universe.

Through this mechanism, inflation, which is the accelerated expansion of the early universe, and dark energy, which is the cause of the accelerated expansion of the recent universe, can be explained at the same time.

Please refer to pages 14 ~ 18P, 25~26P of the following paper.

Dark Energy is Gravitational Potential Energy or Energy of the Gravitational Field

Why an event happens can NEVER be answered. A why can not be verified. Only how might be achievable. But only after repeatable verification.

Even after verifying how, and when and where and what……… why can never be verified or trusted.

Why is a UN-answerable question. Why can never be verified. Only how.

Why does not matter. Why is a self concept.

The only question a man can pursue is how. Even if you were informed of why, it wouldn’t make any sense. Why is singular to all. An event has zillions of whys.

Why is just a personal comfort.

You can attach any why to any event. And we all do. Why is an ego question. Why reinforces our ego. Why is lipstick. A mask.

Where, when, and what are easy, how is the only part we can explore. Not the reasons for it. Only the how of it is learnable. One how can have multiple whys. Or NO whys.

Dead matter has no why. Only choice has why. Only living matter has choice and the concept of why.

Life can not explain itself. The only singularity ever detected in this whole universe.

Why? When where what and how might be determined, but why never is. We have no rational for why. No reference to compare to.

For we don’t know the why for anything. There’s no standard or scale for why.

How is our only capability. Why can never be satisfied.

We will never discern when, where, what, how and WHY creation came to be. We would have to be informed.

We have no clue what mass and matter is. CERN has only shown us that it can be dissolved thru fragmentation and can NOT be superpositioned.

Yet they keep predicting BHs. You will never find one. Our MW center has a toroidal plasma star, not a BH. A toroidal star has a very directional solar wind. That can create huge plasma bubbles. A solitary star orbited with multiple stars could be squished, tugged and twisted into a toroidal star.

A toroidal star, not a black hole. A twisted ring instead of a ball. A momentum amplifier. An inertia amplifier. A gravity amplifier. An x-ray, gamma wave amplifier. When fed.

That’s what I glean from the articles and images. And the how of motion.

That’s another bug of modern science. Everything is in a state of perpetual motion. Motion can not be stopped, it can only be transferred. It can also be rarefied and dissolved into space. Orphan motion.